User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    I don't use the tests. I type people by evaluating them and comparing which functions lines up with their behavior. I know 3 INTJs. Period.
    Congratulations, you have no clue, just like the vast majority here.

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    On the other hand, this board is a very biased sample, dominated by intuitives. Intuitives are more likely to be related to and be friends with other intuitives. The list of such factors is very long, which might make this more plausible. Age might be a factor, intelligence might be, even other MBTI characteristics. And let's operate with 1/40 being an INTJ, and not something like 1/100.
    Even with that assumption you're only looking at one in 10-15 of the members knowing any. For each claiming 2+, if true, you're doubling and tripling the number that don't know any... Again, the claims here are completely impossible.

Unless they count people they really don't know. Maybe they're like the people I have vaguely known over the years, and they're all claiming they "know an INTJ", which would be pretty comical because aside from online only one person outside my family knows me, and much of my family doesn't to begin with...
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Congratulations, you have no clue, just like the vast majority here.
    I think most people remember INTJs cause... well... they stick out :rolli:

I wonder what the numbers say... oh well. Maybe I'll figure that out tomorrow.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Even with that assumption you're only looking at one in 10-15 of the members knowing any.
    Not at all. That would mean the average person on this board knows something like 3 persons, and that's not true ... By the way, I think INTJs maybe are easy to point out, because they are often quite "controversial" people. That might explain what Mycroft pointet out.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    Not at all. That would mean the average person on this board knows something like 3 persons, and that's not true ... By the way, I think INTJs maybe are easy to point out, because they are often quite "controversial" people. That might explain what Mycroft pointet out.
    This kind of bolsters the view that maybe, perhaps, just possibly people are being a tad hasty in labeling socially inept introverts they meet as INTJs.

I'm not going to try and say we don't have a fair number of those within our ranks, but it's not exactly a monopoly.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Heh I think introversion in general is what makes a person socially inept. But when an INTJ makes a gaffe, they tend to do it with flair.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Impressions of the INTJ that I know...

Superior.
    That attitude, which I know is not really a concious decision, has to be one of the most annoying things. Especially when you've spotted the gaping flaw in their thinking and try to casually drop the information in their lap and make as little fuss about it as possible. This is then taken as an act of war and an iron curtain drops for the rest of the evening and may spill over into future evenings.

The Damaz Kron.
    The INTJ I know has an almost old wife level of grudge bearing. One small slight will be recalled to be dragged over again and again until victory is achieved. Always seems strange to me that a supposed NT can hold on to such things for so long. Most often I've forgotten about it all when I rise the next morning.

Competition.
    Okay most of the time this INTJ will not be drawn out into competition...not until victory is assured. I'm thinking that Sun Tzu was an INTJ and the whole thing with making women fight is a perfect example of the problems which can manifest in this type of person.

There is a cold front moving in from the west.
    I'm not sure why it is but the whole struggle to maintain a cold exterior and generally cut anyone dead who tries to approach further than their assigned holding pattern is very chilling to me. God knows how more sensitive people deal with him.

Oh and this whole thing is made doubly worse by skipping between the whole warm ESFP thing and then the INTJ shield of cold rolled steel. Batfink has nothing on this guy.

One shot, one kill.
    If I were to vote a type most likely to become an assassin then I think that INTJs would be top of the list. It's uncomfortable being held at arms length and it's even more uncomfortable when the internal random selector target me and I find myself the focus of all the criticism for the evening.

-------------------

Personally I watched House and thought "At last a true role model for the budding INTJ".
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Sorry, but I have to say...

Bullshit.

I am no optimist, but I am so tired of hearing that.
    Realism is simply about taking things for what they are. Pessimism and cynicism are no more accurate than being an optmist or a gullible chuckle-head.

You can easily be unrealistically cynical, my friend.

...That's also totally the kind of thing an INTJ would say.

It is indeed possible to be unrealistically cynical. But as an INTJ I can only be realistically cynical. On the rare occasions that I get it wrong I adjust my view and stance accordingly.

I don't know whether "Bullshit" as an opening comment within a sensible discussion is totally the kind of thing that an INTP would say. Any views on that ?
    INTJ bordering on ISTJ

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ps646566 View Post
    It is indeed possible to be unrealistically cynical. But as an INTJ I can only be realistically cynical. On the rare occasions that I get it wrong I adjust my view and stance accordingly.

I don't know whether "Bullshit" as an opening comment within a sensible discussion is totally the kind of thing that an INTP would say. Any views on that ?
    It actually wasn't the opening, I had very polite introduction to it.

But for you to say that you can't be unrealistic?
    I think you need a chip knocked of your shoulder.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    I think most people remember INTJs cause... well... they stick out :rolli:

I wonder what the numbers say... oh well. Maybe I'll figure that out tomorrow.
    I would agree with the (implicit) direction of this statement.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    I would agree with the (implicit) direction of this statement.

Well, the way I see it, the rough way of seeing the numbers would be (I make no statement to the accuracy of this, I'm just typing it out as I think of it).

total people in family tree = 1st gen + 2nd gen + 3rd gen (...)

Where 1st gen = 1, x gen = 2.3^x

With (1st to last-1) * 2.

With probability being 3% of the population being INTJ, with 0.97^(number of people in tree) not knowing of an INTJ.

Probability of knowing an INTJ in your family;

1st gen = 2 = 6%
    2nd gen = 2+2.3 = 4.3 = 12%
    3rd gen = 2+2.3*2+2.3^2 = 11.89 = 30%
    4th gen = 2+2.3*2+2.3^2*2+2.3^3= 29.347 = 59%

Since I didn't build this in excel for quick calcs, I won't work out adding a circle of friends, work and so forth. I did look up birth statistics and we are actually below 2.3, although with the timeframe we are talking about, it's probably fairly safe - it has gone up and down over 40-80 years! And of course, if you are seeing anyone, it is far more likely to know someone as a result of the two families... Anyone who goes to university has a much higher chance of knowing an INTJ as well... and if you are younger...

I'd give myself a 95% chance odd (well, higher, but around there) of not knowing an INTJ with a headcount of my family, friends and department at work - I know two, so nothing errant there. Taking on an extra 4-5 friends, maybe a couple of their SOs, maybe a few people at work - well, I'd say the majority of the population will know an INTJ (or be one themselves).