User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't think of INTJ's as close-minded. In my mind, the image I have of INTJ is Captain Picard - who can hate him??

FWIW Splittet, you're one of my favourite kinds of posters - the ones that rarely say anything, but when they do, it's well thought out and clear, and nobody can disagree with it. And it usually makes me go "Ahhh!"

I sorta envy that, cos as you know, I'm the opposite
    Ils se dÔŅĹmerdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

My second oldest brother is an INTJ.

He knows a lot of stuff, and I'll give him that.
    Unfortunately, when I think of describing him, I mostly start thinking of things that bother me.

He gives off a hostile vibe. He's impatient and perfectionist, and he can't talk down at all. This makes him a terrible teacher.
    The other thing is that there aren't really any debates with him.
    There are lectures, and you choose to listen or not.

Oh, yeah... He has an incredibly hard time seeing things from other peoples' point of view. Sometimes it seems like he can't actually believe other peoples' feelings or opinions.
    Last edited by Magic Poriferan; 11-18-2007 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Missing word
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    Often INTJs excel at seeing cynical perspectives, which I guess might explain the sarcasm.
    Very true. And of course 'cynical' is merely what an optimist calls a realist.
    The INTJ has great problems with leaving realism behind, and in this very imperfect world this will often involve what others perceive as negative.

The point about "It won't work" is well made too. If prior experience indicates that it didn't work before, and nothing substantial has changed, then why on earth would it work now ? I have made such comments, and received the response "Don't be negative, be positive !". My retort has been, "Okay, I'm positive it won't work."
    INTJ bordering on ISTJ

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Sorry, but I have to say...

Quote Originally Posted by ps646566 View Post
    Very true. And of course 'cynical' is merely what an optimist calls a realist.

Bullshit.

I am no optimist, but I am so tired of hearing that.
    Realism is simply about taking things for what they are. Pessimism and cynicism are no more accurate than being an optmist or a gullible chuckle-head.

You can easily be unrealistically cynical, my friend.

...That's also totally the kind of thing an INTJ would say.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

I continue to believe that most "INTJs" that everyone seems to know or having in their families are not real. There are just too many mentioned to believe it, and we're far too rare for every one of you from a stereotypical 2.3 kid family to have a brother, parent, grandparent, aunt/uncle, cousin, or even a meatspace friend, that is an INTJ. There's so much bogus stuff thrown around here that it boggles the mind. Maybe one in thirty of you will know exactly one INTJ assuming the average person is an Extroverted Sensor and due to the fact INTJs maintain smaller social circles by nature.

Some of you should stop trusting online tests and quit trying to type people for your benefit.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I continue to believe that most "INTJs" that everyone seems to know or having in their families are not real. There are just too many mentioned to believe it, and we're far too rare for every one of you from a stereotypical 2.3 kid family to have a brother, parent, grandparent, aunt/uncle, cousin, or even a meatspace friend, that is an INTJ. There's so much bogus stuff thrown around here that it boggles the mind. Maybe one in thirty of you will know exactly one INTJ assuming the average person is an Extroverted Sensor and due to the fact INTJs maintain smaller social circles by nature.

Some of you should stop trusting online tests and quit trying to type people for your benefit.
    On the other hand, this board is a very biased sample, dominated by intuitives. Intuitives are more likely to be related to and be friends with other intuitives. The list of such factors is very long, which might make this more plausible. Age might be a factor, intelligence might be, even other MBTI characteristics. And let's operate with 1/40 being an INTJ, and not something like 1/100.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

I don't use the tests. I type people by evaluating them and comparing which functions lines up with their behavior. I know 3 INTJs. Period.

[QUOTE=Splittet;75134]On the other hand, this board is a very biased sample, dominated by intuitives. Intuitives are more likely to be related to and be friends with other intuitives. The list of such factors is very long, which might make this more plausible. Age might be a factor, intelligence might be, even other MBTI characteristics. And let

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I know 2 who have tested and self-confirmed their types.

The others I have typed as part of the biochem dept. at school. Check it out: there are a lot there.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    On the other hand, this board is a very biased sample, dominated by intuitives. Intuitives are more likely to be related to and be friends with other intuitives. The list of such factors is very long, which might make this more plausible. Age might be a factor, intelligence might be, even other MBTI characteristics. And let's operate with 1/40 being an INTJ, and not something like 1/100.
    These are all good points. However, I still think the number of INTJs board members collectively claim to know is disproportionately large in comparison to the other three INs, even though:

a.) The four INs are of approximately equal distribution, with INJs being slightly less frequent.
    b.) The arguments in the above quote apply to each of the four IN types.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Well, no one can accuse me of lying.
    Go to sleep, iguana.