User Tag List

First 56789 Last

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I think some of the posters on here who think they're INTJ are not.
    *wonders*

I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    *wonders*

You're safe.
    I 100&#37;, N 88%, T 88%, J 75% <-------Wolf

Not all types are alike. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, my husbands INTJ friend is very neurotic and lately behaving like an asshole. I assume that he isn't very happy with his life right now. I believe that having any insecurities or mental issues will cancel out some of the typical behaviors of your type.

I wanted to add that I have noticed that quite a few INTJ's have a certain look in their eyes. Glare/stare?
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTJ

Who's that then?
    Fisherking.

I think some of the posters on here who think they're INTJ are not. Night I do believe you are not one of those so you're safe
    You're safe.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75% <-------Wolf
    What is this, the elimination round of a reality show?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Fisherking.

What is this, the elimination round of a reality show?
    I'm ESFJ - hands off!

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    I'm ESFJ - hands off!
    Please tell me you aren't tripping out on us!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTJ

I frequently see reference to 'closed minded certitude' with reference to the INTJ type.

Well I can see the point, but like most things I don't think it's as simple as that.

If I were to say (forgive the UK-oriented example, but you'll get the drift) "Tony Blair was a superb politician, but a lousy national leader.", then a lot of people who disagree would take umbrage and call it closed minded certitude. If I were to say however "In my view there is a case for saying that whilst Blair was undoubtedly a superb politician, he did in many ways leave a lot to be desired as a national leader", probably fewer people would make the allegation about closed-mindedness etc.

In both cases of course exactly the same opinion is being expressed. But in the second case it is being clearly expressed as matter of opinion, leaving the door open to disagreement. Anyone who knows which end is up, would however knows that it is just an opinion, regardless of how it is couched-- how can it be anything else since it is merely a subjective judgment of Blair.

I have found that a lot of people are very sensitive to this, and react adversely to opinions being expressed in that way. Most INTJ's however probably feel most comfortable with that approach, and see little point in beating about the bush with apologies and solicitudes for their views. In fact they may well be expressing a view about which they are themselves less than certain, in order to stimulate an interesting debate.

Because INTJ's do a lot of thinking and evaluating, they are probably in fact less certain about many things than they appear to be. But their approach will often be, "That's the conclusion that I have come to on the facts and the evidence at my disposal. If you think I'm wrong then try to prove me wrong." They will be open to rational discussion, but too often the reaction to that is more concentrated on objecting to how they put over their point, than on sensibly and logically delivering a counter-argument.
    INTJ bordering on ISTJ

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ps646566 View Post
    I frequently see reference to 'closed minded certitude' with reference to the INTJ type.
    (I wonder if that phrase will end up being my most influential contribution to society. )

What you describe is simply certitude. The crux is the truth of the following point...

They will be open to rational discussion
    ... which is where the controversial claim of closed-mindedness comes in. (See the poll I linked to in post #3.)

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ps646566 View Post

Well I can see the point, but like most things I don't think it's as simple as that.
    I don't think it's true either. For the few systems in which they gain immense knowledge, it may be, but outside of that, neither closed mindedness or certitude comes to mind.

I think the reason they're often perceived this way is that they keep themselves next to invisible until they feel they need to speak up, which is usually for criticism. If it's something they already knew about or agreed with, they don't speak. No compliments -- hardly any acknowledgement of approval. Because of this, their reputation and very presence is associated with negative commentary, especially closed minded commentary containing such statements as "That will never work"

The thing about them is, they're always right. I've never proven an INTJ wrong. Ever.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    The thing about them is, they're always right. I've never proven an INTJ wrong. Ever.
    My INTJ friends avoid saying anything where they might be wrong. Avoid like the plague. The other one can sometimes go almost mute for an hour or two, if he is unable to say anything definitive. The other is also extremely slow to to assert most anything he hasn't personally verified.

Both are appreciative to listen what I say, tho they are most probably bothered by the fact that almost nothing that another person says can be as reliable (for them) than something they've researched themselves.

MBTI
    INTJ

I guess we all have different views on what open-mindedness is too. To some, you are close-minded if you don't believe in UFOs, are atheist, which is absolutely wrong in my mind, of course. Saying something won’t work isn’t necessarily closed-minded either, not if you are basically always right about it. If you are often wrong on the other hand, it might be an indication of closed-mindedness. Because people have different values, they will be considered closed-minded in certain areas by others. To put it simply, others have the tendency to consider you closed-minded if you don’t agree with them. Often INTJs excel at seeing cynical perspectives, which I guess might explain the sarcasm.