MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Important point.

Possibly why a lot of people on the boards don't "seem" as normal INTJ as others--they've consciously valued something else, and worked hard to develop skills that come naturally to others.
    Is it logical to conclude that you believe personality is an anchored concept, invulnerable to erosive forces?

If so, at what point do you believe one's personality is fully solidified?
    If not, can you expand on your earlier point? (see bolded)

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    ENTP is the Type I would most readily trade into.

I find that I get along best with the Ne of the ENTP.

Cheers!
    Added: Both of my INTJ friends say the same about me. /add

What a great post. If this doesn't epitomize the Ni of the INTJ, I don't know what does.

In displaying high respect for not just me but the entire type, you've proven me wrong. In proving me wrong you've proven me right.

Was this your intent or just a lucky side effect?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Is it logical to conclude that you believe personality is an anchored concept, invulnerable to erosive forces?

If so, at what point do you believe one's personality is fully solidified?
    If not, can you expand on your earlier point? (see bolded)
    I don't know that it's totally resistant to change... but I can, with certainty, voice that I am currently an INTJ, have been an INTJ for as far back as I can reliably base my memories from (as I only learned about MBTI at 19 and I'm 21) and don't expect to change.

I couldn't change my inner motivations into that of an ENFJ, but I mention a few times on these boards that I can be perceived as one in social interaction (because I've consciously worked hard to achieve their skills). However, I'm not motivated with the same inner pulls that all ENFJs are, my motivations are that of an INTJ (albeit a balanced one who grew up in a household full of Fs). I still like to be seen as competent and ingenious as opposed to the NF stuff, for example.

I don't know when personality is fully achieved. I have heard stories of me as a child that solidify me as an NT, but I also identify with the INxJ description of personality page for the kids personalities for a younger me.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

The shyer ones seem a little aloof sometimes, but they're generally really engaging. Extremely funny, always seem to be kidding around. Seem to be quite hardworking. Very reasonable people.

Not really people I would open up my emotions to though.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    The shyer ones seem a little aloof sometimes, but they're generally really engaging. Extremely funny, always seem to be kidding around. Seem to be quite hardworking. Very reasonable people.

Not really people I would open up my emotions to though.
    nnnoo

do it niffer!! when my ENFP friend cried in front of me (male) it made me a better person that he thought I was safe enough to do that... and i promise i responded in an appropriate manner that helped him sort through his stuff.

and the positive emotions of the ENFP are just the best.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    just a lucky side effect?
    Ha - sadly, I'm not that clever.

Damn nice to see you on this o' the fence, Nocapszy.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

I don't know that it's totally resistant to change... but I can, with certainty, voice that I am currently an INTJ, have been an INTJ for as far back as I can reliably base my memories from (as I only learned about MBTI at 19 and I'm 21) and don't expect to change.
    If we assume a base definition - directed from your insight - I think we can assemble an approximate model relative to your experience. It sounds like you strongly believe you are INTJ. From this, we can logically conclude you don't believe you are anything else.
    Taken further, this pattern could inflate the general ideals of all those who affirm their type as accurate. N cannot be S; E =/= I, etc.

Put simply, you are INTJ because you do not believe you are anything less.

Not that I'm necessarily challenging the validity of your assessment (or the collected evidence you use to bolster your conclusion (memories)), but do you think it possible you have artificially negotiated your experiences? A sort-of reverse engineering scheme, if you like. That is to say, is your taxonomy biased by your affection towards the INTJ standard?

What I'm really asking is how deeply we can be certain we logically divide bias from sincere representation. Yours is similar mine; mine to others...

I couldn't change my inner motivations into that of an ENFJ, but I mention a few times on these boards that I can be perceived as one in social interaction (because I've consciously worked hard to achieve their skills). However, I'm not motivated with the same inner pulls that all ENFJs are, my motivations are that of an INTJ (albeit a balanced one who grew up in a household full of Fs). I still like to be seen as competent and ingenious as opposed to the NF stuff, for example.
    By implication, is the NF less likely to produce ingenious behavior? By whose measure is this reliable? Justification for is secondary to the conceptual implementation of the behavior.

I'm not picking on you. I'm trying to highlight the indistinguishable nuances we adhere to, consequent to our impressions of who we are.

Measuring these analytics to our MBTI further instills a sense of certainty as we can justify our application on the basis of credentialed research.

I don't know when personality is fully achieved. I have heard stories of me as a child that solidify me as an NT, but I also identify with the INxJ description of personality page for the kids personalities for a younger me.
    Thank you for your detailed response. For what it's worth, I think you are INTJ.

In the end, my conclusions are unavoidably about myself. Personality is an extension of individuality and should be viewed as an organic entity, constantly open to revision as environment necessitates.

My bias is showing...

MBTI
    ENTP

Ha - sadly, I'm not that clever.
    Perhaps it escaped even your own consciousness. Ni seems to be elusive even to the user occasionally, or so it appears in my Ni frequenting comrades.

Damn nice to see you on this o' the fence, Nocapszy.
    Likewise.

MBTI
    ENTP

Ni seems to be elusive even to the user occasionally, or so it appears in my Ni frequenting comrades.
    Additionally, an analogy, if I may be so permitted: I view Ni as comparable to a black hole where internalization is equated with gravity. Not like the other introverted functions who make their presence known even without being expressed explicitly, Ni seems to have such introverted force, (gravity) that everything including light is incapable of escaping the field. Things may surface to conscious awareness, but only if it's outside the strongest part of the gravity. Of course, as Steven Hawking (this is cool, I get to use an Ni user in an analogy comparing the concept that he invented to the process he used to develop it) insightfully points out, all black holes glow, not with light, but with dark matter. Perhaps the analogy ends there but equally as plausible (unless someone knows any specific findings which speak to in opposition) is that information goes into the core and doesn't resurface until the consciousness is ready to handle it and Ni can begin to glow like the dead star.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Additionally, an analogy, if I may be so permitted: I view Ni as comparable to a black hole where internalization is equated with gravity. Not like the other introverted functions who make their presence known even without being expressed explicitly, Ni seems to have such introverted force, (gravity) that everything including light is incapable of escaping the field. Things may surface to conscious awareness, but only if it's outside the strongest part of the gravity. Of course, as Steven Hawking (this is cool, I get to use an Ni user in an analogy comparing the concept that he invented to the process he used to develop it) insightfully points out, all black holes glow, not with light, but with dark matter. Perhaps the analogy ends there but equally as plausible (unless someone knows any specific findings which speak to in opposition) is that information goes into the core and doesn't resurface until the consciousness is ready to handle it and Ni can begin to glow like the dead star.
    Very clever - !