First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Addition: The closer of my INTJ friends seems to have a raging emotional side. Very little energy is devoted to it, but what's there appears to be scrutiny of self. The same mercurial Fi that IxFPs often sadden themselves with (over whatever things - lost makeup in the sensing or genocide in the intuiting one) seems to be active in my calculating friend. It may have taken years for him to open that up to me, but I've managed to record a few shimmers of the highly held within function.
    What was his emotional expression?

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    What was his emotional expression?
    The negative he told me about consisted of him noticing something he did bothered someone else and he spent a good amount of time wondering why, and what to do about it. Of course he only became worried about offending those he felt close to. Also, he seemed to have a lot of NF moralization, though as I said, his thinking was the weakest expressed of the scales.

Specifically, he stated on numerous occasions that he had a lot of hatred for poachers. He even once said that if he ever saw one, he would tear them apart with his bare hands. My guess is he was exaggerating, but I can't be sure. I's be willing to bet that if he were an E, he would probably seek poachers out and attack them.

The positive side of what I've seen comes in a package similar to what I receive from you. Highly appreciative and willing complements.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Specifically, he stated on numerous occasions that he had a lot of hatred for poachers. He even once said that if he ever saw one, he would tear them apart with his bare hands. My guess is he was exaggerating, but I can't be sure. I's be willing to bet that if he were an E, he would probably seek poachers out and attack them.

The positive side of what I've seen comes in a package similar to what I receive from you. Highly appreciative and willing complements.
    Thank you.

I am familiar with my limitations. Emotional transference being the primary weakness within my personality. Many times, I do not intend to be "rude" or "contentious"; rather, it becomes a byproduct of my willingness to speak my opinion.

I would imagine your friend experiences a similar inequality.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Thank you.

I am familiar with my limitations. Emotional transference being the primary weakness within my personality. Many times, I do not intend to be "rude" or "contentious"; rather, it becomes a byproduct of my willingness to speak my opinion.

I would imagine your friend experiences a similar inequality.
    Just as often though he does intend to be rude. Actually, rude isn't the word. Adverse is probably more appropriate. Intentionally disagreeing. This only takes place when he knows nothing (and subsequently hasn't formed his own opinion) of the topic and dislikes whoever he's conversing with (a tactic I believe may be used for getting whoever it is to go away). If the subject matter is something he's familiar with, he's no doubt got an opinion and will dis/agree with anyone respectively.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ps646566 View Post
    Sorry, you've lost me with that one. What does unwillingness to be unrealistic have to do with having a chip on one's shoulder ?
    It's not about the unwillingness, it's the capability.
    No one, regardless of their type, can always be realistic.
    It's kind of a grand claim.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Impressions of the INTJ that I know...

Superior.
    That attitude, which I know is not really a concious decision, has to be one of the most annoying things. Especially when you've spotted the gaping flaw in their thinking and try to casually drop the information in their lap and make as little fuss about it as possible. This is then taken as an act of war and an iron curtain drops for the rest of the evening and may spill over into future evenings.

The Damaz Kron.
    The INTJ I know has an almost old wife level of grudge bearing. One small slight will be recalled to be dragged over again and again until victory is achieved. Always seems strange to me that a supposed NT can hold on to such things for so long. Most often I've forgotten about it all when I rise the next morning.

Competition.
    Okay most of the time this INTJ will not be drawn out into competition...not until victory is assured. I'm thinking that Sun Tzu was an INTJ and the whole thing with making women fight is a perfect example of the problems which can manifest in this type of person.

There is a cold front moving in from the west.
    I'm not sure why it is but the whole struggle to maintain a cold exterior and generally cut anyone dead who tries to approach further than their assigned holding pattern is very chilling to me. God knows how more sensitive people deal with him.

Oh and this whole thing is made doubly worse by skipping between the whole warm ESFP thing and then the INTJ shield of cold rolled steel. Batfink has nothing on this guy.

One shot, one kill.
    If I were to vote a type most likely to become an assassin then I think that INTJs would be top of the list. It's uncomfortable being held at arms length and it's even more uncomfortable when the internal random selector target me and I find myself the focus of all the criticism for the evening.
    One could apply a lot of this to ISTJs as well. In fact I wonder if the large number of INTJs people say they know are really ISTJs. They behave in similar ways, but one has to get to the motivations to see the differences.

BTW, INTJs absolutely loathe being compared to ISTJs. It's fun to annoy them with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Personally I watched House and thought "At last a true role model for the budding INTJ".
    Too bad he's an extravert!

black hole analogy
    Psst! "Howling void of nothingness"!

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

House isn't an Extravert!
    He hates dealing with anybody other than his own circle, and he practically hates them, too. He risks his job just to avoid giving presentations. He also spends tons of time alone, and needs it to come up with a solution. Sometimes, when he's with other people when it happens, he just suddenly tunes out the entire world. God knows that's what I do.
    Just because he's adroit doesn't mean he's an Extravert.

I also disagree with the theory that he's a Five. People say that just because he's a misanthropic genius. I say he's actually an Eight.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post

Psst! "Howling void of nothingness"!
    I don't get it. Did I miss something? Did I miss something so obvious that I didn't need to write what I did. Ew... now I feel almost unclean. Thanks alot...

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    House isn't an Extravert!
    He hates dealing with anybody other than his own circle, and he practically hates them, too.
    Yes he is. I'm an E also and I hate dealing with people. Remember for ENTPs is people's primary functions is to serve as an audience. Especially if they applaud. Friends and foes are optional. ENTPs can be just as detached socially as INTPs, they're just louder about it and spend less time Tiing and more time Neing.

MacG's right.
    He risks his job just to avoid giving presentations.
    ENTPs can't? Come on now. If an ENTP thinks the presentation is stupid or a waste of time, they'll do everything they can to avoid it. An INTP will actually more likely trudge through it, unless confronted directly. ENTP will just find a way around it, which is what he does.

He also spends tons of time alone, and needs it to come up with a solution.
    ENTP can't spend tons of time alone? ENTP doesn't need time alone to work on logical systems?
    Sometimes, when he's with other people when it happens, he just suddenly tunes out the entire world.
    Yes, classic Ne turning to Ti to check for validity.
    God knows that's what I do.
    Just because he's adroit doesn't mean he's an Extravert.
    No, but there are plenty of other qualities about him that do.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

The INTJ's I have met (and know that they are such because I asked) have been:
    - intelligent
    - interesting (the common N-thing, I guess)
    - well structured
    - good conversationists
    - they make good presentations (not too much details for ENFP's taste, but usually the big picture that I so much love )

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    It's not about the unwillingness, it's the capability.
    No one, regardless of their type, can always be realistic.
    It's kind of a grand claim.
    Yes of course. What I said was a simplification. Expanded, I am trying to say that I never knowingly make judgments or take actions other on than the basis of a realistic appraisal of circumstances and likely consequences. That's not to say that, like everyone else, I don't sometimes fall foul of self delusion. But I believe that this personality type less prone to it than most, and that has an upside and a downside.
    INTJ bordering on ISTJ