• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Mother of NT's

Sunless

MBTI Type
INxx
My mom is an ISFJ with a fairly decent N (not sure of the variety). She is a psychologist wonderwoman, very independent but at the same time trying to take care of every single person she meets. Like others have said, guilt tripping is not unheard of.

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
INTJ mother. spends much of her time either reading or working. She's actually the one who got me into MBTI.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
ISTJ, though exuding the Southern-ish Fe (which is a cultural thing). So she's very friendly and sociable; however, she's rarely disappointed to be leaving a social function, nor does she particularly like unannounced visitors.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Strong ISTJ. Very stirct, but sweet and caring :p

She definitely helped make me more disciplined and grounded. If I had a parent who was as crazy and spacey as I was/am, God knows what I'd be like right now. She passed on a good work ethic to me, which I wouldn't have gotten nearly as far as I have without. I also got what I consider a good sense of morality from her and my Dad. I really respect the bullshit that she's willing to put up with to get things done.

That being said, the processing of her "passing on" these things wasn't quite as fun :D. Seriously, I'm surprised we haven't murdered each other.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
ESFP.

She's the life of the party, the one you call when you want to know what's going on. I love my mother terribly, even though she annoys the shit out of me with her nosey extraverted ways and calling me too early in the morning.

A

A592

ISTJ. 89 J. She goes crazy when people are late, or not organized. She fits the ISTJ description veeery well.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
ENFP

Looks and acts 20 years younger than she actually is. She hangs out with her friends for hours at evening. Clumsy, sensitive, quite artistic, empathic, helpful, unstructured (physically and mentally)

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
My mother's an NF, probably an ENFJ. We get along most of the time, but because of her extremely strong J my messiness/lack of organisation is a major point of contention between us. I also find that she can be fairly illogical at times - if we get into a political debate for example, I notice that her arguments hold no water. Like a few people have said, she can be somewhat emotionally manipulative when under stress and has lost all patience.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
ISTJ with well developed tertiary functions. you can only tell shes ISTJ by how reacts in stressful situations...which, having me for a kid, she's been doing half her life

doesnt apper ISTJ so to her kids though; lots of F though for the kids though the nasty T kicks our butts when the kids get a bit too much

TiNe_2_IP

MBTI Type
INTP
I found it really difficult to type my mother until I read a description re the potential problem areas of ISFP's - she has most of them.
I swing between feeling really sad that her life was so stunted somewhere along the line and just wanting to walk away from her and never having to deal with her again.

A more self-absorbed and immature woman I have yet to meet. She will say things like 'I wish I'd never been born' to us her children, if confronted by anything emotional.
Of course she has had her good moments but unfortunately the relationship bank account was well overdrawn by the time I got to adulthood. I decided to wipe the bad debt at a certain point in my life just because I had 'been born'. Unfortunately, just recently she overdrew on the account for no reason I could justifiably overlook this time and when called upon to 'pay up' (apologize) - something else I have yet to hear her do without justifications and excuses - her solution was to stop speaking to me.
Be careful what you wish for I guess.
I do seriously think she may have an undiagnosed mental disorder of some kind, she has been on anti-depressants for many years.

Other people who are only acquainted with her always tell me how nice my mum is. My sister in law says she thinks my mum is wise, though I'm starting think she is baiting me or just incredibly stupid. The only thing wise about her is her name - Wiseman, acquired through another very unwise choice in life.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
My mom tested as an ESFJ, and though she's really competitive, she would lose her head if it wasn't attached. "Losing" the phone and keys is a regular event, and she always gets so stressed about it, haha.

But we get along quite well! Two peas in a pod, if you will. I share her sense of humor, and we laugh a lot together, but we probably wouldn't interact if she weren't my mom due to our contrasting personalities. Sure, sometimes she nags me, and sometimes I frustrate her, but that's normal.

Qre:us

I found it really difficult to type my mother until I read a description re the potential problem areas of ISFP's - she has most of them.
I swing between feeling really sad that her life was so stunted somewhere along the line and just wanting to walk away from her and never having to deal with her again.

A more self-absorbed and immature woman I have yet to meet. She will say things like 'I wish I'd never been born' to us her children, if confronted by anything emotional.
Of course she has had her good moments but unfortunately the relationship bank account was well overdrawn by the time I got to adulthood. I decided to wipe the bad debt at a certain point in my life just because I had 'been born'. Unfortunately, just recently she overdrew on the account for no reason I could justifiably overlook this time and when called upon to 'pay up' (apologize) - something else I have yet to hear her do without justifications and excuses - her solution was to stop speaking to me.
Be careful what you wish for I guess.
I do seriously think she may have an undiagnosed mental disorder of some kind, she has been on anti-depressants for many years.

Other people who are only acquainted with her always tell me how nice my mum is. My sister in law says she thinks my mum is wise, though I'm starting think she is baiting me or just incredibly stupid. The only thing wise about her is her name - Wiseman, acquired through another very unwise choice in life.

:rofl1:

I'm not laughing at your situation, which sounds truly frustrating, but the way you've told it. You have narrative skills. And, welcome to the forums.

Myrtle

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Both my parents have tested as ENTJ, they are both very open minded and non authoritive but my mother can be a bit protective, not that it was uncalled for as an ENTP i sure have been wild and crazy, crashing motorbikes, going away for days at a time without a word getting drunk, high etc. doing lots of martial arts and leaving for thailand with barley any money doing thaiboxing and so on.

Although she is scared and protective, not so much my father, they where never controlling and both are really good tecahers.

aswell i have a sister thats ENTP a brother thats ENTJ aswell as two other brothers thats about ten years old.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The Mother of NT's :

8twm7nq-ssegal.jpg

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Very much a softer type. Very spiritual. I'm fairly sure she is an INFP.

redsox44344

MBTI Type
ENTP
My mom is surely some kind of ExFJ, probably an ESFJ, and she is one of the most annoying people I will ever meet. Sure, I love her, but having extremely different values on top of the fact that she has utmost control over my life is debilitating. Well, not really debilitating, but I've had a recurring theme of feeling like a bird with its wings clipped. My father and I are much more similar.

equanimity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5W4
Mine's an ISFP.
She's really self absorbed and always pins all her unrealistic expectations on me.
From the time I was four, she put me in stupid classes I never liked.
It started with ballet classes at four (I'm a girl ... =D) and it ended when I was ten..
After six long years of getting dragged to class after getting beaten up by her that is.
Her reason to lay a finger on me? - It's my fault for not cherishing whatever shit she threw at me, because I was living her dream.. what she wanted as a kid she couldn't get, so she threw it all at me.
Sure she was caring in her way.... though,
In all the wrong ways, with all the wrong reasons.
Paranoid and delusional? Check.

She's pretty quiet,keeps things to herself, but overbearing all the same. She would throw a silly tantrum like a child in public places - whenever you don't do as she says, irrational behavior follow soon after.
And I never had a say in anything. She would deem them as stupid. Then again, who is she to judge? Everyone has a different perception, likes, dislikes, wants and desires. She would always lament about how, "I want the best for my children!" and,
"Never let anyone look down on you!" <-- that would refer to my relatives, my father's side that is.
Oh yeah, ISFP mom and ESFP dad. Worked out terribly, I guess it wasn't because of their personality. But how stubborn they were and never sorted their issues out but built them up till one day all of it just erupted - all of the anger and pain, they would vent on the children. One's physical, the other uses mental torture.. oh right, not forgetting the excessive use of religion and condemning their kids to hell.
Oversensitive? Check.
Unreasonable? Check.

Right now? I'm still a tool for their manipulation and games for amusement.
She used to use guilt manipulation to get to me..
One moment she's all :
"Oh if I never married that lousy piece of trash, your father! I would still be well off now! If you were never born, I wouldn't have a stupid child like you!"

The next moment, she tries to smother me with "love" but really? :
"You could be so much more, if you only tried harder! If you listened to me! If you had listened to me on getting in those classes! (Oh and how she ends it off is really ironic.) I love you!".
And whenever I didn't give her a response and just hid under the bed (Because really... I can't go about saying it back to her. Why should I?), she would wait till my father was home... and they would get violent. All the lies,dirty deeds... whatever shit that made them broken... I was exposed to it all. And it was a cause-and-effect thing really, after they were done fighting he would drag me into it and it starts all over... again.

When I was a little kid, this used to make me feel guilt-ridden... It made me feel like I was never doing enough.. And that she was pitiful, my father never did his part - and she's punishing me for his mistakes.

But now I know that whatever I do is never enough for her.
The effort you put into your work? If it isn't done by HER WAY, it's trash to her. Your interests? If it's seen as ridiculous to her, it's trash to her.
The A's you get in school, she would compare them with others - relatives and friends.

But why do I care about that anymore really? I don't.. yet the road ahead is still so rocky and danger still lies.
I'm not even sure if I can ever prove to this damn dysfunctional family that I'm worth something ... maybe throw loads of money in her gullible face and walk off. We'll see.
Manipulative? Check.

Maybe it's just her and not any other ISFPs ofcourse, I've always had the idea that she had afew mental illnesses... but she never visits a shrink. She's stubborn... a very overbearing woman.

I'm probably as damaged as her, but there's one thing I know... and it's that I'll never be how she was to her kids.
I'd be a good mother. Whatever their personality is, I will accept them.. let them have their own say, and just guide them along the way... Sometimes ignorance is bliss. And if children can't be children, what's the point of a childhood?
Everyone's an individual, so treat them as that - and not pin your silly delusional desires on them.

One day... I will be free. I may not always succeed in whatever I do, But I like to think I try... and If I don't, I'm young.. unattached... not a burden to anyone.. I do have afew close friends, but they'll live if I'm gone... what's there to lose really?

So yeah, this NT's mother is one hell of a "role model".