User Tag List

First 78910 Last

Thread: Mother of NT's

Enneagram
    4w5

Women, regardless of their previous type become ISFJ upon motherhood...or at least ISFJ-like.

ISFJ qualities create the upright protective mom who combines Si's need for the comfort and security of tradition, with Fe's natural empathy, caring and organizing. They are the stereotypical home-makers.

This is based on unreliable anecdotal evidence, but I think a combination of instincts, and society's expectations play a role in this.

My mom's an ISFJ, and from reading through threads on this topic, it sure seems like there's a ton of ISFJ moms out there.

I don't think they're all ISFJ's, they either naturally fall into that role, or feel that they need to become that way due to societal pressure.
    The purple sun won't heal my purple bruises :ouch:

Quote Originally Posted by purplesunset View Post
    Women, regardless of their previous type become ISFJ upon motherhood...or at least ISFJ-like.

ISFJ qualities create the upright protective mom who combines Si's need for the comfort and security of tradition, with Fe's natural empathy, caring and organizing. They are the stereotypical home-makers.

This is based on unreliable anecdotal evidence, but I think a combination of instincts, and society's expectations play a role in this.

My mom's an ISFJ, and from reading through threads on this topic, it sure seems like there's a ton of ISFJ moms out there.

I don't think they're all ISFJ's, they either naturally fall into that role, or feel that they need to become that way due to societal pressure.
    I don't agree with this. I think you can maintain your own identity and still be a good mother. Whichever "type" you started out as.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lux View Post
    I don't agree with this. I think you can maintain your own identity and still be a good mother. Whichever "type" you started out as.
    I'm with Lux, my own mum was very much an ENFP.... no iffs of buts.

The SJ thing is just that - they are a huge chun of the population

I can tell you that it's not as easy as moms make it out to be. My house is split even. 50/50 -NT/NF. I'm outnumbered 3 to 1 in the gender department and everyone outside of my family seems to be STJ oriented. I've never seen more order, tasks, lists, goals, schedules, procedures... ahhhh it makes my head spin at times. There are points where I have completely lost it in a preemptive spontaneity strike. "Today we are going to have some fun whether you like it or not!" People look at me like I've lost my mind and I really don't care.

I appreciate the balance an NT can offer. Especially an ENTJ husband, but there are times where I sit back from a distance and watch the amount of "doing/planning/evaluating" and wonder... Do you even realize that you could really use a massage and some time to just kick back and relax? Oh wait... maybe that's me. Cabo here I come! Ahhhh to build a sandcastle on my own time...

I am much more than the role that has been assigned to me as "Mom." Children need to see that too. It's good for them to see a balance of responsibility and enjoyment in personal life.
    "We ascribe beauty to that which is simple; which has no superfluous parts; which exactly answers its end; which stands related to all things; which is the mean of many extremes." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    INTJ

My mom's an ENTP, but she acts like an ENTJ.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm fairly certain my mom is an ESFP and she's pretty much awesome

She is generally pretty chill, but can become strict when she needs to. also, if she feels that she has been wronged, she turns into a very strong woman, with a whole lot of biting sarcasm, which is useful, but scary as hell if you're on the receiving end

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

INFP. Very nice, caring, loving, religious, loves God, overprotective, also extremely rational and logical at times, but in the end turns to feeilngs instead of logic. I've considered that she's an INTP, but I think INFP fits better.

sammy

My mom is an ESFJ.

She and I have had a very bumpy road together. Been through a lot as a team against the world, in a way. We have a very close relationship as a result, but we also don't understand one another that well.

When we argue, we end up saying the exact same thing in a different way (which my ENFP cousin likes to point out to us when the occasional argument happens). I know how to make her laugh without trying hard, and her antics and mistakes make me shake my head in wonder, but I always help her to the best of my ability. I'm her troubleshooter. Even with her relationship with my dad, an ISTP, I often translate for both of them what the other meant. Otherwise, I sit and listen in amusement to them talking in circles, with my dad teasing her, making things worse sometimes haha.

I'm always going to have power-struggles with her, but I know she means well She never says she loves me, but her actions speak more than words ever could.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sx
    Socionics
    wtf

ISFx. Caring, but scared of so many things, and unable to have a fulfilling life because of overwhelming fear of failure and judgements. Wonderful musician though, and a very nurturing mother. Overprotective and sometimes a bit nuts. We get along now that we have some distance but during the teen years it was hell - she thought I was a robot, I thought she was a nutjob!
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    - Umberto Eco

INTP e9 (sx/so/sp)
    Ti = Ne (41.3) > Si (31.2) ~ Ni (31.1) ~ Te (30.1) > Se (24.1) >> Fe (21) & Fi (20.1)

Quote Originally Posted by fill View Post
    ENFJ or ENTJ. Probably the former, but the latter would make more sense as she's married to my ISFJ dad. Actually, maybe ENTJ.

One of those.
    They are supposed to be dualities. How is their relationship?

Quote Originally Posted by purplesunset
    Hahahahahahahahah!

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyBunny
    My mom's an ENTP, but she acts like an ENTJ.
    Honey . . . is that you????

My mom strongest ESTP b**** on the block!!!!