User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Thread: Mother of NT's

MBTI
    INTP

You guys realize something?
    The majority of our mothers are IS's, or at least an S.
    Trace the thread to see this is rather true

My mother is an ISTJ.
    My dad is an ESTJ
    And I'm an INTP. So you can only imagine the clashes I get with the two of them so often.

As a younger adult,
    they tried to teach me about 'proper Asian values'. I didn't listen. What the flying pancake are 'proper Asian values' supposed to be anyway?!
    Coming from an Asian country, and ruled by a somewhat conservative governing system, my parents would oftentimes remind me that I needed to contribute to society in constructive ways. So I joined a hard rock band, made it a career, and got in trouble ever so often for loud and lewd public conduct.
    They said that having pink hair would attract the wrong kind of attention. And I thought I'd like that kind of attention, because the 'right' kind of attention is obviously pretty predictable and boring.

But despite all that, I love them. Their rules and regulations, appreciation for systems and normalities have instilled more discipline in me than I would have otherwise (being a rather fickle minded INTP). I appreciate the deep love they have for each other, and for our family. There is nothing in the world they wouldn't do for my sister and me, and I do not take that for granted one bit. But somehow, I've never been able to meet their standards of a 'clean room'. They just don't get that my seemingly disorganized room (to them) is actually a perfectly devised system of chaos that only I can decipher

Just to add, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread about all your various mothers, and how each of you handled both the trying and loving times in your families.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

my mom is an isfj... she's patient, curious, likes to be at home, values family and church and tends to cry at movies

she has a quirky side that comes out with randomly singing whenever a word or phrase reminds her of a song and loves self improvement type ideas- she's exactly like what many midwesterners hope their child's elementary school teacher will be like, and she teaches elementary school... she also sings in the church choir
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by astroninja View Post
    You guys realize something?
    The majority of our mothers are IS's, or at least an S.
    Trace the thread to see this is rather true
    Well uh, the majority of people, period, are S's, so that's no huge revelation
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    Well uh, the majority of people, period, are S's, so that's no huge revelation
    yes

SJ = c 43-55%
    SP = c 20-36%
    NF = c 12-14%
    NT = c 5-10%

And yes, my family is pretty huge... I had 25 neices and nephews...

As for mum's there seems a fair few strong women in the pack. For those of you who are struggling with mum's for what ever reason, they are human, they do what they can, even if for some of them it is limited and sometimes limited by who they are.

I'm the mom to a teenage ENTJ. I love the child to pieces. He has seriously warped my view of direct men though. Don't mess with me. I know what you were like when you were 12.

I have wondered what it is like to have an INFP as a mother. I take on the J role a lot attempting to direct him. I have one ENTJ and one INFP. Talk about having to switch hats.
    "We ascribe beauty to that which is simple; which has no superfluous parts; which exactly answers its end; which stands related to all things; which is the mean of many extremes." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

INTP. But as she's getting older getting profusely more F than T. From the way she describes herself at my age she sounds almost exactly like me. She is smart, a logical thinker, not very girly, and loves to read fantasy and things like that. To exercise her imagination and think about cool stuff. She also did a lot of acid when she was my age. So pretty open-minded... But then she found God and now she's a super Christian who bases everything in her life off of the Bible and how she feels.

It just makes me wonder how I'm gonna end up

INFJ and extremely irrational

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I still don't know what type my mom really is. ExxJ is the furthest I've come so far. She's hard to read.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTJ

wow, so far about 67% of mothers are SJ. Yes, i know it's common, but is it *that* common? it's funny, whether it's a coincidence or not...
    anyway, no offence to guardians, but no wonder so many rationals seem kinda snappy haha i imagine it might be tough growing up with a S mother.
    then again, my boyfriend (intj) has an (i think) SJ mother, and they get along great...
    I have a wonderful INFP mother

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by MeVexatPede View Post
    wow, so far about 67% of mothers are SJ. Yes, i know it's common, but is it *that* common? it's funny, whether it's a coincidence or not...
    anyway, no offence to guardians, but no wonder so many rationals seem kinda snappy haha i imagine it might be tough growing up with a S mother.
    then again, my boyfriend (intj) has an (i think) SJ mother, and they get along great...
    I have a wonderful INFP mother
    yes SJ's are that common, well aroun 55% and given those above who don't know - you can't assume SJ

Actually 70-75% of the pop are S types, so yea, N's are not too common.