First 23456 Last

Thread: Mother of NT's

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

ISFJ. she's showed me exactly who i never want to be. her presence is determental to my condition, she's like a poisonous gas leak. i look forward to the day when i'm a large distance away from her and the rest of my family and they can't affect my life anymore.
    although, i greatly admire her capacity to care for other people and her strength to carry on each day when something as little as a typo in her name on a letter adressed makes her upset (lol).

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    LOL SJ = 55% of the population... it would be surprising if they didn't show up to an extent....

It does seem like most NT mammas are pretty stronge people..... NF mums are different, seem more emo
    maybe it's just their/our perception? F's place feelings as highly important, so they'd delve into when describing a person. an NT's autobiography might be written like a sc-fi or docementary whilst an NFs autobiography might seem like a romance/drama novel.

also, i'm quite certain i project strength onto people i love. F's i know project emotion on to me which is annoying, it's like they're in denial.

?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

^^^In my case it's not projection, my mumma is one tough cookie.

Btw - 55%, as high as that? wow.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I NEVER KNEW MY MOM

;_;
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    ...Strangely enough I've never had the feeling that she wanted me to be different.
    My mom was weird that way.

She never would really think of asking me to be someone else, she just agonizes over things I do she might not understand. And being a country Baptist, she allowed me to play RPGs and allowed me to pick scifi/fantasy books growing up and read pretty much anything I wanted, she just really always wanted me to be happy regardless. I haven't quite figured it out since her beliefs and the freedom she gave me doesn't really gel.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    xxxx

I haven't fully typed my mother, although xxFJ seems certain, and I'm leaning towards ISFJ. She's highly conflict averse. I'm not entirely sure how I've responded to that.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    She never would really think of asking me to be someone else, she just agonizes over things I do she might not understand.

I haven't quite figured it out since her beliefs and the freedom she gave me doesn't really gel.
    I suspect that, if your Mom's like mine, that it comes down to her wanting what's best for you, and wanting you to be happy. I can pretty easily see her saying "I know I need to let Jennifer be her own person" and simultaneously (and likely erroneously) say "If Jennifer is going to be happy, she needs to do X, not what she's doing!" (because she may not understand your motivations or requirements for happiness). Good intentions, misapplied perhaps?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm more than sure that mine is xSTJ, with a strong Ne. Now when she's divorced and together with her new bf for approx. 5 years I would rather say she's E, but when she was with my father she was definitely I. I think they had really unhappy marriage, though they could make really good friends. They just had completely different way how they see things. My mom was more like a cold rational person, my dad was rational, but also extremely emotional. But they both are psychos compared to me She's a rule psycho and he's just a random judging psycho, I'm just chill .

I really don't know how to type my father, I think he's pretty emotional, takes things personally, he's a good and demanding leader, but he has no feeling of prospective. He's extremely neat (both of my parents are) and it's extremely easy to make him mad or irritated. He's a really controversial person, because in a way he's strongly driven by his logic, but his reactions to other people's actions which he thinks is wrong seems really radical and in a way hysterical. So it's hard to say if he's F or T, though I think he's definitely S. And it's hard to say if he's E or I, I would just say he's a misanthrope He doesn't have many friends, but he enjoys discussions and it seems he likes being around people and his public face is completely different than the one that I see. At home I would consider him kinda stingy (and it always pissed my mother off), but in society he seems pretty generous. On the other hand he likes to judge people a lot (not in public) and it seems that he thinks that he's the only normal person in the world
    He always wanted to be successful, but he never knew how. Though sometimes I think he has some brilliant ideas, but he's not courageous to make them real alone, he's kinda dreamy and absolutely not down to earth in a way. Right now he's being divorced to his girlfriend and I'm pretty sure he's suffering from 40 year old crisis. I'm having a hard time with this, because i think I'm the only really emotionally close person and as an extremely optimistic person I hate to listen to his complaining and judging and I can't say, c'mon stop it, because I know it's gonna end up with hysteria and something like ''you don't love me''.

We used to have a really strong emotional contact with my father, because we always got good psychological discussions and opinion sharing, but now when I'm finally slowly starting to set my own life, I appreciate my mother's logic and the way she thinks about the future. I've never had really warm feelings and relationship with her, though I always admired the way how she can get things done and see the future prospective.
    What do I hate about both of my parents? They're both really uncreative. well at least my mum always cared about my education, that's why she always went to opera, ballets, galleries and museums with me, but i never had a surprise birthday parties or a surprising presents. For me it was so important and it still is. When I was smaller of course I was extremely annoyed by that, but now I see.. Gosh I'm really grateful! I think it's the best mum I could ever have, because even though she's so cold, she learnt me how to get things done and how to see which things I should get done.
    Oh yeah?

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Hey guys

What's your mum like? I'm interested in if they were strong confident women or softer types.

My own was a bit on the formidable side...she needed to be, having 11 kids .... Protective and a bit on the controlling side (I'd say an ENTJ - although I've swithered with if she was a P type). She was good at keeping people on the moral straight and narrow, no mean achievement.

Please share.....
    You had 11 siblings *introvert death*

My mom is ISFJ. Everything she does is based on how things "should" be. She cares a lot about appearances and etiquette. She is emotionally expressive and a little overbearing at times, but generally I would say she is of the "softer" variety...gentle and sensitive. Compared to me she is sort of a bunny rabbit...I have to be careful not to stomp all over her with my Te.

We connect in our shared need to plan out our next moves before going forward, but otherwise we are very different people with very different priorities, which she doesn't always realize.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    You had 11 siblings *introvert death*
    10 siblings + 1, tinks.