User Tag List

First 8910

Thread: Mother of NT's

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

ESFJ...overprotective, highly anxious, always played the victim card. Very loving and caring though. There for me always.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    ESFJ...had to cut my own ties because she certainly wasn't planning on doing any cutting. Get along better now that the independence thing is behind us and I am more mature (like with Jennifer's mother, she doesn't seem to be able to crawl into my world, so now I have learned to crawl into hers from time to time). She's at the same time domineering and child-like (ish). I appreciate the warmth and the support and I encourage her to be herself (I think she has been starved for Fe in her marriage to an INTJ...literally most of the time a kind word is all it takes to solve something). It's good to have an F parent around now that I'm developing my feely side more. I just make sure my boundaries are in place.

Strangely enough I've never had the feeling that she wanted me to be different.
    We're so similar! Same parent types here too! Independence thing was ALWAYS an issue...still is!

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I'm a mother of an INTP. We generally get along very well except for getting him off his arse and taking care of things!!

Well, I feel better.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

LOL!

I'm the mother of at least one and possibly three NTs. I'm pretty sure my eldest is an INTJ and that my youngest is an INTP, but my third still confuses me. He seems to be an extroverted thinker but I'm not sure about the other stuff. Second child is almost certainly an INFP.

I am fairly protective and have a few hard boundaries, but I'm pretty much a softy otherwise. The INTP is the heavy around these parts.

I do not look forward to the motivational issues I'm sure to face with my youngest boy within the next ten years. If you come up with any pointers, AllAboutSoul, please send them my way!
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyBunny View Post
    My mom's an ENTP, but she acts like an ENTJ.
    I think most of us act that way when we are forced to be the one "in charge". I hate that feeling but I can do it well. I am most certainly the J one at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
    My mom is an ESFJ.

She and I have had a very bumpy road together. Been through a lot as a team against the world, in a way. We have a very close relationship as a result, but we also don't understand one another that well.

When we argue, we end up saying the exact same thing in a different way (which my ENFP cousin likes to point out to us when the occasional argument happens). I know how to make her laugh without trying hard, and her antics and mistakes make me shake my head in wonder, but I always help her to the best of my ability. I'm her troubleshooter. Even with her relationship with my dad, an ISTP, I often translate for both of them what the other meant. Otherwise, I sit and listen in amusement to them talking in circles, with my dad teasing her, making things worse sometimes haha.

I'm always going to have power-struggles with her, but I know she means well She never says she loves me, but her actions speak more than words ever could.
    I get along well, but not well, with ESFJs for the same reason.
    ENTP: Ne Ti Fe Si
    ESFJ: Fe Si Ne Ti

Same functions, but swapped. So in conversations, we say/mean the same things just differently. And it can be really good or really bad. My ESFJ sis-in-law always says that we wear the same clothes, but just rock them differently - and it's really true. We have such similar tastes but I would never instinctively pair x with y the way she does.