User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    Becaaaause the internet says so!!! *whines*

ENTJ (Chief) Personality Type - Jungian

Famous ENTJ People and ENTJ Careers | How To Grow, Profit & Organize Your Business

ENTJ

ENTJ Profile

Jim Carrey comes up as the iconic ENTJ on pretty much every ENTJ profile I've read on MBTI websites.
    USE YOUR BRAIN

HE IS NOT ENTJ

AHAHAHAHAHA IM GOING INSANE
    Hello

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

If ENTJ's on this forum say that they can relate to Jim Carrey and his sense of humor, then this is a side of ENTJ's I have never seen before. The ENTJ's I have known have had good senses of humor (when they felt like being funny), but I've never seen one get SO CRAZY and just let it all hang out like Carrey does. And he doesn't just do it at home with family and those who he's comfortable with, he does it all day long.

Not to mention, I don't see the kind of Te in him that I see in other ENTJ's. There was a thread/video about Jay-Z not too long ago and when I watch his interview and compare it with Carrey, they're nothing alike. One is very calculated and business-oriented (with flashes of humor thrown in), while the other just has a full-blown case of goofball-itis.

I don't write this to argue that Carrey is NOT ENTJ. Maybe he is, for all I know. But, if he is, then I have to completely reconfigure my understanding of ENTJ's.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Yep. Neither I nor the ENTJ I know joke all the time, tho I can relate to his humor.

I'm not sure of his type, though ENTJ comes off as a credible possibility for me, whereas ENTP seems a good possibility as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    I don't write this to argue that Carrey is NOT ENTJ. Maybe he is, for all I know. But, if he is, then I have to completely reconfigure my understanding of ENTJ's.
    Yeah, no doubt.

The ENTJs I know are actually among the loudest, craziest people I know. Although when they are kids, they can border on obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    USE YOUR BRAIN

HE IS NOT ENTJ

AHAHAHAHAHA IM GOING INSANE
    I've seen you try to type a lot of people on this forum and I must say, your typing process (or thinking in general?) seems extremely limited.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Dennis Miller seems like an ENTJ to me. Much more so than Carrey.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post

jim carrey is spilling out of himself, which is consistent with many entjs. possibly 1w2s in general. plus he looks like someone is controlling his body with marionette strings. a crazy man living inside of him. the way Ni and Se connect for enxjs can be extremely funny-looking.
    Yeah, he's crazy and intense but also awkward in the process and he definitely has that "I am in total control of this situation" feel as well as the "I need to make a presence".

The way his "crazy" comes out is in the same sort of exaggerated, stiff ENTJ way for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Dennis Miller seems like an ENTJ to me. Much more so than Carrey.
    THE INTERNET DOES NOT LIE!!!!!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    esfps seem calm and in control of themselves. when they have energy its more anxiety-based (e7). jim carrey is spilling out of himself, which is consistent with many entjs. possibly 1w2s in general. plus he looks like someone is controlling his body with marionette strings. a crazy man living inside of him. the way Ni and Se connect for enxjs can be extremely funny-looking.
    What ESFPs do you know?

Most of the ones I know are far from "calm". They are goofy and expressive as Carrey is. My ESFP sister gets very animated and silly in a similar way. He doesn't have a witty brand of humor, and that's what I associate with ExFJ, or the ones I have known. I see them as being more restrained in their energy and subtle.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    If ENTJ's on this forum say that they can relate to Jim Carrey and his sense of humor, then this is a side of ENTJ's I have never seen before. The ENTJ's I have known have had good senses of humor (when they felt like being funny), but I've never seen one get SO CRAZY and just let it all hang out like Carrey does. And he doesn't just do it at home with family and those who he's comfortable with, he does it all day long.

Not to mention, I don't see the kind of Te in him that I see in other ENTJ's. There was a thread/video about Jay-Z not too long ago and when I watch his interview and compare it with Carrey, they're nothing alike. One is very calculated and business-oriented (with flashes of humor thrown in), while the other just has a full-blown case of goofball-itis.

You just pointed out the obvious, that Jim Carrey's dominant extroverted function is Ne. If you know that, you know he can't be anything other than an NP of some variety. You've also hinted at something else that is true, albeit a more subtle distinction, that he uses Ne as his dominant, not aux function. INPs and INPs can be silly and zany, but not nearly as overtly, persistently and as "out-there" as ENPs.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    You just pointed out the obvious, that Jim Carrey's dominant extroverted function is Ne.
    Actually, no such thing was pointed out at all. Crazy does not equal "Ne."
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Here's the deal- Jim Carrey the person and Jim Carrey the comedian may well be two different types altogether. Consider Rowan Atkinson and Mr. Bean. I don't have a lot of difficulty imagining Jim Carrey as a driven individual. Just because you're a comedian doesn't mean you're a P. It's not uncommon for people to develop different personas to fulfill different roles. Instinct would want you to type Axl Rose and Slash as ESFPs, but are they really? (I imagine Axl's an INFJ and Slash's an ISFP... but I digress, and that is quite characteristically ENTP of me... damnit I did it again.)

That said, I can't say I know either of the gentlemen (Jim or Conan) well enough to type them.