• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Elegant NTs

T

ThatGirl

Lately I have been very disappointed in the reputation of NTs (ENTJs to be specific).

NT is not about being immature. It most certainly is not being mentally retarded. Last I heard, they almost never run in packs.

Capability, independence, confidence, knowledge and wisdom. These are all skills that are readily available to NTs.

Before anyone spouts off, let me say that I am NOT saying other types aren't capable of this.

What I am looking for are moments of NT elegance. Where intellect and strategy trump immaturity and lack of sophistication. Where people actually did shit, made shit happen. NTs who don't believe being sloppy and unrefined is cool. NTs with respect.

Got anything?

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
You'll find this "elegance" in NTJs much more readily than in NTPs. NTJs will bother with wearing Armani suits to become CEOs of huge corporations. NTPs will show up to work pantsless and ruin their chances at ever finding their way to the top.

Miserable

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
Yeah, really.

But one time, I actually planned out whole conversation, I said everything I had planned. It was almost perfect.

theplacesyoullgo

I don't know how helpful this is, but speaking for myself and from what I know of the NTJs in my life, we definitely have the capability to appear "elegant," but it takes a considerable about of conscious effort. Usually when I make a real effort to appear elegant or sophisticated in a relationship with someone, it all works well for a while, until I get on a rant about something or another and blow my "cool" cover. Not to say that I'm naturally devoid of any grace, but I think it's something NTJs generally need to put real effort into.

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
NTs who don't believe being sloppy and unrefined is cool. NTs with respect.

Sloppy and unrefined is NOT cool.

but sometimes fun... which is why I have FRIENDS...

I understand that its always good to dress well, and act civil. You never know what opportunity you'll run into.

But one time, I actually planned out whole conversation, I said everything I had planned. It was almost perfect.

I've totally done that before. It was AMAZING.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
You'll find this "elegance" in NTJs much more readily than in NTPs. NTJs will bother with wearing Armani suits to become CEOs of huge corporations. NTPs will show up to work pantsless and ruin their chances at ever finding their way to the top.

I thought she wasn't referring to external elegance (clothing, etc.), but more to "internal" elegance: eloquence, coherence of opinions, cultural refinment basically.

Anyway, speaking for myself, I kind of hate the concept of elegance and refinement in clothing. The (extremely rare) times I've dressed up with "business suits" (ugh) for a peculiar event (barring sporting events - dressing up in a nice sporting suit is uber cool) I've felt like I was selling my soul. I think I can do a good job even without conforming to some stupid external standard of looks.

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

Not true.

T

ThatGirl

I thought she wasn't referring to external elegance (clothing, etc.), but more to "internal" elegance: eloquence, coherence of opinions, cultural refinement basically.

This one.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I wouldn't know how to answer your question (Got anything?), although I can say that I do try to develop cultural elegance, by learning languages, trying to connect with people from different backgrounds, etc.
On the other hand, I find that it's something that needs to be toned down in order to communicate with many people that find those traits distressing. I still haven't decided if cultural and intellectual sophistication is something valuable, or the mental equivalent of dressing up to perfection.

sdfjslk

MBTI Type
dfs
Enneagram
dfs
This one.

I wouldn't know how to answer your question (Got anything?), although I can say that I do try to develop cultural elegance, by learning languages, trying to connect with people from different backgrounds, etc.
On the other hand, I find that it's something that needs to be toned down in order to communicate with many people that find those traits distressing. I still haven't decided if cultural and intellectual sophistication is something valuable, or the mental equivalent of dressing up to perfection.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

COUGH.

NTP entrepeneur over here, always dressed well too! ;)

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
Hearing accounts of ENTPs showing up to work pantless confuses me... I wouldn't say I'm a "hard worker" per se, but I'm smart enough to avoid situations like THAT. I WANT to 'succeed' in life.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
OK internal elegance...

Was runing a tendering process at work, huge massive thing setting up a roster of companies to deliver...

Set up a business problem and asked them to pitch their solution... we had 00's of replies... which we had to widdle down...

first we went through and had to establish who ws compotent.... so lost a 1/3rd of the applicants, then had to figure out how the hell to evalute them on price.... It has been a long, long porcess to get this far and I hadn't got the solution... All the suppliers had taken different approaches...

Right at the 11th hour I came up with a solution... not to get into the approaches they had taken (whic could have taken a month to evaluate) but to band them accordign to qualty scores and give them a grade on how effectve they had priced themselves...

Gold star quality to charge us more money than a bronze star.... that way we could fairly chuch out the mediocre companies who had over charged us....

It was an elegant and fitting solution to a rathr long and painful process... whats more it worked really well.

As for the OP... I don't see there is an issue with NTs lack of elegance. NTJs tend to be very fastideous dressers, NTPs are dishevelled... Mainly NTs think elegantly, but that is to provide solutions to problems... Ns take longer to grow into their brains, but then they have a more abstract platform to harness... it's not biggie

I just got a pair of shoes delivered... they were suppose to be coloured glass, which was a kind of dark bronze I guess... they are sparkly, didn't expect that, they are for work... eeeeeeeekkkk

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
Today two persons who know me at least for half an year said that I got a good feeling of elegance. One of them said that the first impression of me was ''the sophisticated, rational overclass girl'' ... And then he got to know me :D

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I just got a pair of shoes delivered... they were suppose to be coloured glass, which was a kind of dark bronze I guess... they are sparkly, didn't expect that, they are for work... eeeeeeeekkkk

Your wicked stepmother won't approve of those at all.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Hey! Jenny McPantless is a figment of your imagination!

I'd have you know that today at work I am wearing jeans with embroidery, a t-shirt with bling, a brown pinstripe suit jacket, and my black Converse high-tops with pink shoelaces. :D

'kay I'll confess to being eclectic.

....ThatGirl, I think elegance/refinement is the way to go. Not only do I like to look "classy" even when dressed way down, but there's no room for sloppiness in serious pursuits of mine, whether it's work or play or art or whatever. it's got to be refined, it's got to be planned and thought out, it's got to fit together seamlessly. I hate rough edges on stuff I care about.

Of course, in other areas, all bets are off. BTW please leave the door to my room shut. (You've been warned.)

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hey! Jenny McPantless is a figment of your imagination!

I'd have you know that today at work I am wearing jeans with embroidery, a t-shirt with bling, a brown pinstripe suit jacket, and my black Converse high-tops with pink shoelaces. :D

'kay I'll confess to being eclectic.

....ThatGirl, I think elegance/refinement is the way to go. Not only do I like to look "classy" even when dressed way down, but there's no room for sloppiness in serious pursuits of mine, whether it's work or play or art or whatever. it's got to be refined, it's got to be planned and thought out, it's got to fit together seamlessly. I hate rough edges on stuff I care about.

Of course, in other areas, all bets are off. BTW please leave the door to my room shut. (You've been warned.)

That all sounds very featching a bling T shirt :D .... tell me, the pantlessness - it's an Americanisim? It's not full blown Comando-ness is it?

:D

Blah... if the shoes were scarlet - i'd lick them together and say "theres no place like home".... they really are a bit too sparkly for work... but hell I'm sure I wont have a problem

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
... tell me, the pantlessness - it's an Americanisim? It's not full blown Comando-ness is it?

I DON'T GO PANTLESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

*pant pant pant*

Blah... if the shoes were scarlet - i'd lick them together and say "theres no place like home"

your home sounds a little kinky to me!

.... they really are a bit too sparkly for work... but hell I'm sure I wont have a problem

Nothing wrong with blingy shoes, as long as they don't clash with other parts of the outfit.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I DON'T GO PANTLESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

*pant pant pant*

your home sounds a little kinky to me!

Nothing wrong with blingy shoes, as long as they don't clash with other parts of the outfit.

ROFLMAO.... no I didn't see you being pantless... LOL gotta love Telsa... :D

I don't mind blinging shoes, but maybe not for work... it's not as stiff as my last job but still... eeek

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lately I have been very disappointed in the reputation of NTs (ENTJs to be specific).

NT is not about being immature. It most certainly is not being mentally retarded. Last I heard, they almost never run in packs.

Capability, independence, confidence, knowledge and wisdom. These are all skills that are readily available to NTs.

Before anyone spouts off, let me say that I am NOT saying other types aren't capable of this.

What I am looking for are moments of NT elegance. Where intellect and strategy trump immaturity and lack of sophistication. Where people actually did shit, made shit happen. NTs who don't believe being sloppy and unrefined is cool. NTs with respect.

Got anything?

Michelle Obama
Hilary Clinton