First 1234 Last

Thread: Elegant NTs

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    You'll find this "elegance" in NTJs much more readily than in NTPs. NTJs will bother with wearing Armani suits to become CEOs of huge corporations. NTPs will show up to work pantsless and ruin their chances at ever finding their way to the top.
    COUGH.

NTP entrepeneur over here, always dressed well too!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    eNTP

Hearing accounts of ENTPs showing up to work pantless confuses me... I wouldn't say I'm a "hard worker" per se, but I'm smart enough to avoid situations like THAT. I WANT to 'succeed' in life.
    A colleague of the great scientist James Watson remarked that Watson was always “lounging around, arguing about problems instead of doing experiments.” He concluded that “There is more than one way of doing good science.”
    It was Watson’s form of idleness, the scientist went on to say, that allowed him to solve “the greatest of all biological problems: the discovery of the structure of DNA.” It's a point worth remembering in a society overly concerned with efficiency.

MBTI
    ENTP

OK internal elegance...

Was runing a tendering process at work, huge massive thing setting up a roster of companies to deliver...

Set up a business problem and asked them to pitch their solution... we had 00's of replies... which we had to widdle down...

first we went through and had to establish who ws compotent.... so lost a 1/3rd of the applicants, then had to figure out how the hell to evalute them on price.... It has been a long, long porcess to get this far and I hadn't got the solution... All the suppliers had taken different approaches...

Right at the 11th hour I came up with a solution... not to get into the approaches they had taken (whic could have taken a month to evaluate) but to band them accordign to qualty scores and give them a grade on how effectve they had priced themselves...

Gold star quality to charge us more money than a bronze star.... that way we could fairly chuch out the mediocre companies who had over charged us....

It was an elegant and fitting solution to a rathr long and painful process... whats more it worked really well.

As for the OP... I don't see there is an issue with NTs lack of elegance. NTJs tend to be very fastideous dressers, NTPs are dishevelled... Mainly NTs think elegantly, but that is to provide solutions to problems... Ns take longer to grow into their brains, but then they have a more abstract platform to harness... it's not biggie

I just got a pair of shoes delivered... they were suppose to be coloured glass, which was a kind of dark bronze I guess... they are sparkly, didn't expect that, they are for work... eeeeeeeekkkk

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

Today two persons who know me at least for half an year said that I got a good feeling of elegance. One of them said that the first impression of me was ''the sophisticated, rational overclass girl'' ... And then he got to know me
    Oh yeah?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    I just got a pair of shoes delivered... they were suppose to be coloured glass, which was a kind of dark bronze I guess... they are sparkly, didn't expect that, they are for work... eeeeeeeekkkk

Your wicked stepmother won't approve of those at all.
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    You'll find this "elegance" in NTJs much more readily than in NTPs. NTJs will bother with wearing Armani suits to become CEOs of huge corporations. NTPs will show up to work pantsless and ruin their chances at ever finding their way to the top.
    Hey! Jenny McPantless is a figment of your imagination!

I'd have you know that today at work I am wearing jeans with embroidery, a t-shirt with bling, a brown pinstripe suit jacket, and my black Converse high-tops with pink shoelaces.

'kay I'll confess to being eclectic.

....ThatGirl, I think elegance/refinement is the way to go. Not only do I like to look "classy" even when dressed way down, but there's no room for sloppiness in serious pursuits of mine, whether it's work or play or art or whatever. it's got to be refined, it's got to be planned and thought out, it's got to fit together seamlessly. I hate rough edges on stuff I care about.

Of course, in other areas, all bets are off. BTW please leave the door to my room shut. (You've been warned.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Hey! Jenny McPantless is a figment of your imagination!

I'd have you know that today at work I am wearing jeans with embroidery, a t-shirt with bling, a brown pinstripe suit jacket, and my black Converse high-tops with pink shoelaces.

'kay I'll confess to being eclectic.

....ThatGirl, I think elegance/refinement is the way to go. Not only do I like to look "classy" even when dressed way down, but there's no room for sloppiness in serious pursuits of mine, whether it's work or play or art or whatever. it's got to be refined, it's got to be planned and thought out, it's got to fit together seamlessly. I hate rough edges on stuff I care about.

Of course, in other areas, all bets are off. BTW please leave the door to my room shut. (You've been warned.)

That all sounds very featching a bling T shirt .... tell me, the pantlessness - it's an Americanisim? It's not full blown Comando-ness is it?

Blah... if the shoes were scarlet - i'd lick them together and say "theres no place like home".... they really are a bit too sparkly for work... but hell I'm sure I wont have a problem

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    ... tell me, the pantlessness - it's an Americanisim? It's not full blown Comando-ness is it?
    I DON'T GO PANTLESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

*pant pant pant*

Blah... if the shoes were scarlet - i'd lick them together and say "theres no place like home"
    your home sounds a little kinky to me!

.... they really are a bit too sparkly for work... but hell I'm sure I wont have a problem
    Nothing wrong with blingy shoes, as long as they don't clash with other parts of the outfit.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I DON'T GO PANTLESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

*pant pant pant*

your home sounds a little kinky to me!

Nothing wrong with blingy shoes, as long as they don't clash with other parts of the outfit.
    ROFLMAO.... no I didn't see you being pantless... LOL gotta love Telsa...

I don't mind blinging shoes, but maybe not for work... it's not as stiff as my last job but still... eeek

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Lately I have been very disappointed in the reputation of NTs (ENTJs to be specific).

NT is not about being immature. It most certainly is not being mentally retarded. Last I heard, they almost never run in packs.

Capability, independence, confidence, knowledge and wisdom. These are all skills that are readily available to NTs.

Before anyone spouts off, let me say that I am NOT saying other types aren't capable of this.

What I am looking for are moments of NT elegance. Where intellect and strategy trump immaturity and lack of sophistication. Where people actually did shit, made shit happen. NTs who don't believe being sloppy and unrefined is cool. NTs with respect.

Got anything?
    Michelle Obama
    Hilary Clinton