User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by theplacesyoullgo View Post
    No. ENFP, I think, but close on T/F.
    Well that question was supposed to be more of a joke, but I'm not terribly shocked to find that out.

I'll refrain from elaborating on NFPs and sensitivity. There are enough threads about that.

Robert - thanks, you're right, I suppose it's just all frustrating for me!

aphrodite - Of course all types include people who are especially passionate. I just remember having read various threads with ENTJs complaining about the same thing and wanted to start a discussion.

MBTI
    ENFJ

that's why i suggested making minor adjustments.......
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/robert165/

I'm just trying to do this Jigsaw puzzle, before it rains anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    EDIT: is this an Ni thing?
    I think this "problem" might be exaggerated in ENTJs especially because of the Te + Ni combination.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

aphrodite - Of course all types include people who are especially passionate. I just remember having read various threads with ENTJs complaining about the same thing and wanted to start a discussion.
    Well, I know what you meant, and I'm relating I have been told to calm down inordinantly more than any of my intimates, when I get heated about discussing something that I feel strongly about, or have intuited something new.

Edit: interesting because I actually test fairly high on Te.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTP

haha...I tell ENTJs to calm down all the time, but I don't mean it as an insult. They just appear to get ahead of themselves sometimes!

I wonder if there aren't some people in your life who calm you down w/out upsetting you. I like to think I calm down the ENTJs in my life w/out further pissing them off!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sharonrenee80 View Post
    haha...I tell ENTJs to calm down all the time, but I don't mean it as an insult. They just appear to get ahead of themselves sometimes!

I wonder if there aren't some people in your life who calm you down w/out upsetting you. I like to think I calm down the ENTJs in my life w/out further pissing them off!!!
    I think the reason why we get upset about being told to "calm down" (and variants on that - "just relax," etc.) is that we don't really see ourselves as being especially not calm in many situations in which we're told to chill out. It's annoying to be told to relax when I didn't even consider myself wound up. If I'm getting actually upset about something which is stupid, then by all means tell me to calm down and that I'm overacting... but most of the time, I'm just playing devil's advocate in an argument or expressing an opinion.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I think the reason why we get upset about being told to "calm down" (and variants on that - "just relax," etc.) is that we don't really see ourselves as being especially not calm in many situations in which we're told to chill out. It's annoying to be told to relax when I didn't even consider myself wound up. If I'm getting actually upset about something which is stupid, then by all means tell me to calm down and that I'm overacting... but most of the time, I'm just playing devil's advocate in an argument or expressing an opinion.
    Or another thing.......when you play devil's advocate and people really get upset with you, like you are the bad guy, instead of realizing you are just role-playing and trying to help them see all sides!!! And don't tell me to calm down! haha I'll leave now........
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

You should just not care and keep on doing what you want.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP

Yea I get the whole overly passionate, intense, over energetic... the last bit mainly at work... but stuff needs doing...

Ensuring you are not over streached if you can.... don't take on too much.

Right now I'm trying to work on defensiveness... to varing sucesses, not good at establishing boundaries working on that to help with the defensiveness