User Tag List

12 Last

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Default neighbors barking dog

Ok, I was going to post on the Nf`s forum but Im sure the feed back would not be as good as it would be from NT forum. neighbor has this..little Dog and there is nothing cute about it, it looks like a little Rat mix of something else. I love animals, I just have not had a good nites rest in 21 days. I know im not the only person who, I seen a guy approach the neighbor and complain. the neighbor with the barking dog, brushed it off and did nothing about it. some people have offered some tips to handle this problem that might work, neighbor does not care and the dog barks late into the night.
    cause i have not been sleeping well I been feeling more inclined to take matters into my own hands.

any suggestions?

Earplugs are the simplest solution.

If the neighbor isn't interested in resolving the problem, I'd probably start knocking on the door or calling them in a respectful but assertive way whenever the dog was barking constantly at an obviously late hour.

Your city might have a noise ordinance. Search online for it, or call the non-emergency police number and ask if they can do anything.

Without an ordinance, you might have to resort to ordnance....

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

my qualm is with the neighbor and not the animal but just wondering NT would deal

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by yakimadude View Post
    Ok, I was going to post on the Nf`s forum but Im sure the feed back would not be as good as it would be from NT forum. neighbor has this..little Dog and there is nothing cute about it, it looks like a little Rat mix of something else. I love animals, I just have not had a good nites rest in 21 days. I know im not the only person who, I seen a guy approach the neighbor and complain. the neighbor with the barking dog, brushed it off and did nothing about it. some people have offered some tips to handle this problem that might work, neighbor does not care and the dog barks late into the night.
    cause i have not been sleeping well I been feeling more inclined to take matters into my own hands.

any suggestions?
    Oooh, there's been a dog like that for me too.

Spraying it with a hose a little bit worked pretty good.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I have a plan, but it requires a lot of money. I think we could solve that though: have you ever bought Robitussin before?

Really, though, I second the noise ordinance. Usually you can call 3-1-1 and they'll deal with it. I remember I had to do it a few times at me old house.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

^I'm not sure what that post means. It seems like you do have a qualm with the dog and not the neighbor.^

I cannot stand barking dogs in my neighborhood. I agree with JAVO's suggestions. Call in the nighttime when the dog is barking. If I'm out walking in my rural area and one of the neighbor's dogs starts barkng incessantly I actually start hollering across the field for the dog to HUSH UP! srsly! I can't stand it! People in my parts call the sheriff for that sort of thing, although I haven't yet.....works pretty good I think.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

my qualm is with the neighbor and not the animal but just wondering NT would deal
    Well, I certainly don't recommend using the ordnance solution on the neighbor.

Your qualm is actually with the animal. You're making assumptions about the neighbor's motivations for not resolving the problem. He might feel as powerless as you do to control the situation.

Someone actually created a website about this problem.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

yes, the animal is annoying but its the neighbors, just as he is responsible for picking up after his pet he is also responsible for taking care of the barking late into the night, that others pointed out, is an issue

MBTI
    INTP

yes, the animal is annoying but its the neighbors, just as he is responsible for picking up after his pet he is also responsible for taking care of the barking late into the night, that others pointed out, is an issue
    Agreed. It's the owner's fault, not the animal's, and he needs to take responsibility. I would look into the noise ordinance thing, as well. Barring that, I kind of like the idea of calmly knocking on the owner's door every time you've been woken up by incessant barking. Showing no anger, but just very calmly showing him that if you're up, he's up.
    Something Witty

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Why don't you just stop being annoyed by the dog?

I've always lived with dogs, house dogs, dogs for sport, social dogs, less social dogs. I loved them all. Some barked at night, some all through the night. I don't get annoyed by it. I don't even hear them at night. Neighbours keep complaining and throwing bricks on the kennel though. Yeah, LIKE THAT WILL SHUT THEM UP, lol. :p

Also, in almost all cases of our dogs barking, it's the neighbours fault. If a dog barks once from seeing a mouse or whatever, it's normal, it'll shut up. But if the neighbour then starts shouting or throwing stuff. Yeah, it'll be barking for a few hours to come.

Also, our dogs are trained to search, bark, attack and whatnot. We're not going to tell them barking isn't fine when they clearly feel threatened. Because that's exactly what they're trained to do. And they love it! So NYER to my neighbours.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf