• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INTx's - favorite TV shows from the past?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
The other day I was looking at the TV listings on my cable network to see if they air any of my old favorites. Then I realized something. The shows that I've liked the most have had something in common: I generally like shows where there is one true central character (as opposed to a family or a group) and where he/she is somewhat of a loner and/or the show gives a lot of insight and depth into what the person is thinking or feeling inside of themselves. Some examples are the old show "The Wonder Years" with Fred Savage, where Kevin's thoughts are narrated to us. We always know what he's thinking about a certain girl and we get to hear his frustration or excitement when things go awry or go well.

Another example is the show "Felicity". As a guy, I always thought it was funny how much I really liked this show. I took a lot of heat from my friends (especially guy friends) for liking this show, but I know now that I liked this show for the same reason - it allows the viewer access into the depth of what goes on beneath the surface.

Another show I loved as a kid was "Highway to Heaven" with Michael Landon. Even as a youngster, I liked him because he was nomadic and very much an individual. Sure, he was an angel, but we were seeing him in human form. It was just him and his sidekick.

Anyways, introverts, name some of your favorite TV shows and tell why you like them.

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
seinfeld because there has never been anything like it in terms of the humour, makes you realise how life is to be laughed at and monty python for pretty much the same reason

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dupe thread! :D

Shall I merge this with the other thread in the NF Idyllic with the same title, or shall I rename this to:

(1) "INTX's - favorite TV shows from the past?"

OR

(2) "XNTX's - favorite TV shows from the past?"

Y'all pick.

Thanks,

-Halla

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As a kid.
Transformers
Biker Mice from Mars
Heman, BY TEH POWAR OF GREYSKULLZ
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

As a teenager I didn't watch much TV. Only whenever I didn't have stuff to do, but no where near enough to really follow any shows. Other interests.

In my twenties.
Stargate SG-1, Atlantis. (Universe, not so much. Lacks the famous Stargate humor so far, too much like a drama soap opera at the moment.)
Claymore, Gungrave, Bleach anime's.
House M.D.
Farscape, proper humor, cool sci-fi story, enough self mockery to get away with all the inconsistencies.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
X-files - Exploration of mysteries outside the accepted norms
Star Trek - Scifi, exploration of the universe, some good drama, boldly drawn characters
Thundarr the Barbarian - Futurist/scifi/fantasy mix, lots of intense camp but the characters took themselves so seriously!
Simpsons - Crazy Ne radioactive steam bath
The Incredible Hulk - Theme song sums up my feelings generated during the show... haunted lone man trying to find himself but probably doomed
Cheers - Good dialog, lovable and unique characters
Taxi - Good dialog, lovable and unique characters
The Muppet Show - Silly, variety
Knight Rider - Again, the lone man on a fight for justice with a cool black car that talked
Unsolved Mysteries - Lots of real-life crime stories, fun to consider
Wonderful World of Disney - Variety, some magical
In Search Of... - Exploration of mysteries no one has ever solved, cool theme song
Looney Tunes (Chuck Jones) - Funny, a visual Ne bath and situational humor
Welcome Back Kotter - Just seemed real
Roseanne -- VERY realistic, deal with adult themes but without sacred cows and fearlessly
Happy Days - The Fonz
Laverne and Shirley - Tied to the Fonz
Millennium - Darker cousin to X-Files, Frank Black was a great haunted character, you never knew what would happen next, I was interested in the overall mythos (just like X-Files, which had a mythos too)
Seinfeld - Funny situational humor, points out the absurdity of life and being human; also never knew how someone would behave badly next.
SCTV - Quirk fun

.... sigh... arg.. I guess I just dated myself, huh? I mean, I knew what "Who shot JR?" meant, I actually saw "The Man from Atlantis" on debut, and the only two shows here I saw technically in reruns were ST and Looney Tunes.

Some examples are the old show "The Wonder Years" with Fred Savage, where Kevin's thoughts are narrated to us. We always know what he's thinking about a certain girl and we get to hear his frustration or excitement when things go awry or go well.

I thought the concept was a great idea (for the reasons you suggested) but just never committed to watching it.

Another example is the show "Felicity". As a guy, I always thought it was funny how much I really liked this show. I took a lot of heat from my friends (especially guy friends) for liking this show, but I know now that I liked this show for the same reason - it allows the viewer access into the depth of what goes on beneath the surface.

Who cares what your friends think? If you find meaning in it, do it! A good show is a good show, and if it resonates with you, you should explore it.

Another show I loved as a kid was "Highway to Heaven" with Michael Landon. Even as a youngster, I liked him because he was nomadic and very much an individual. Sure, he was an angel, but we were seeing him in human form. It was just him and his sidekick.

Admittedly, I thought this show was <edited ;)>... but I did actually like Little House a lot. :blush: <-- guilty pleasure I liked the theme song, and I liked the characters, and Nellie and Mrs. Olsen (ESFJ fussbudget, my nemesis at the time) were fun to hate.

VagrantFarce

[youtube=j4rPa94onVk]Ren and Stimpy[/youtube]
[youtube=Y6RmQpvMycY]Rocko's Modern Life[/youtube]
[youtube=nm_wfo_zLes]AAAHH Real Monsters[/youtube]
[youtube=jitg-3xbmKU]Are You Afraid of the Dark[/youtube]
[youtube=XnqeeBdGhh4]Pete and Pete[/youtube]

The 90s were so gloriously subversive. :) I barely watch TV anymore, I just get the highlights off the internet.

pardo

MBTI Type
istp
Jericho
(and the obvious nerd stuff like StarTrek, XFiles, or the latest Galactica..)