User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default INTx's - favorite TV shows from the past?

The other day I was looking at the TV listings on my cable network to see if they air any of my old favorites. Then I realized something. The shows that I've liked the most have had something in common: I generally like shows where there is one true central character (as opposed to a family or a group) and where he/she is somewhat of a loner and/or the show gives a lot of insight and depth into what the person is thinking or feeling inside of themselves. Some examples are the old show "The Wonder Years" with Fred Savage, where Kevin's thoughts are narrated to us. We always know what he's thinking about a certain girl and we get to hear his frustration or excitement when things go awry or go well.

Another example is the show "Felicity". As a guy, I always thought it was funny how much I really liked this show. I took a lot of heat from my friends (especially guy friends) for liking this show, but I know now that I liked this show for the same reason - it allows the viewer access into the depth of what goes on beneath the surface.

Another show I loved as a kid was "Highway to Heaven" with Michael Landon. Even as a youngster, I liked him because he was nomadic and very much an individual. Sure, he was an angel, but we were seeing him in human form. It was just him and his sidekick.

Anyways, introverts, name some of your favorite TV shows and tell why you like them.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

seinfeld because there has never been anything like it in terms of the humour, makes you realise how life is to be laughed at and monty python for pretty much the same reason

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Dupe thread!

Shall I merge this with the other thread in the NF Idyllic with the same title, or shall I rename this to:

(1) "INTX's - favorite TV shows from the past?"

OR

(2) "XNTX's - favorite TV shows from the past?"

Y'all pick.

Thanks,

-Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

As a kid.
    Transformers
    Biker Mice from Mars
    Heman, BY TEH POWAR OF GREYSKULLZ
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

As a teenager I didn't watch much TV. Only whenever I didn't have stuff to do, but no where near enough to really follow any shows. Other interests.

In my twenties.
    Stargate SG-1, Atlantis. (Universe, not so much. Lacks the famous Stargate humor so far, too much like a drama soap opera at the moment.)
    Claymore, Gungrave, Bleach anime's.
    House M.D.
    Farscape, proper humor, cool sci-fi story, enough self mockery to get away with all the inconsistencies.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENFJ

x files
    twilight zone
    magnum PI
    doctor who
    star trek
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/robert165/

I'm just trying to do this Jigsaw puzzle, before it rains anymore.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

X-files - Exploration of mysteries outside the accepted norms
    Star Trek - Scifi, exploration of the universe, some good drama, boldly drawn characters
    Thundarr the Barbarian - Futurist/scifi/fantasy mix, lots of intense camp but the characters took themselves so seriously!
    Simpsons - Crazy Ne radioactive steam bath
    The Incredible Hulk - Theme song sums up my feelings generated during the show... haunted lone man trying to find himself but probably doomed
    Cheers - Good dialog, lovable and unique characters
    Taxi - Good dialog, lovable and unique characters
    The Muppet Show - Silly, variety
    Knight Rider - Again, the lone man on a fight for justice with a cool black car that talked
    Unsolved Mysteries - Lots of real-life crime stories, fun to consider
    Wonderful World of Disney - Variety, some magical
    In Search Of... - Exploration of mysteries no one has ever solved, cool theme song
    Looney Tunes (Chuck Jones) - Funny, a visual Ne bath and situational humor
    Welcome Back Kotter - Just seemed real
    Roseanne -- VERY realistic, deal with adult themes but without sacred cows and fearlessly
    Happy Days - The Fonz
    Laverne and Shirley - Tied to the Fonz
    Millennium - Darker cousin to X-Files, Frank Black was a great haunted character, you never knew what would happen next, I was interested in the overall mythos (just like X-Files, which had a mythos too)
    Seinfeld - Funny situational humor, points out the absurdity of life and being human; also never knew how someone would behave badly next.
    SCTV - Quirk fun

.... sigh... arg.. I guess I just dated myself, huh? I mean, I knew what "Who shot JR?" meant, I actually saw "The Man from Atlantis" on debut, and the only two shows here I saw technically in reruns were ST and Looney Tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Some examples are the old show "The Wonder Years" with Fred Savage, where Kevin's thoughts are narrated to us. We always know what he's thinking about a certain girl and we get to hear his frustration or excitement when things go awry or go well.
    I thought the concept was a great idea (for the reasons you suggested) but just never committed to watching it.

Another example is the show "Felicity". As a guy, I always thought it was funny how much I really liked this show. I took a lot of heat from my friends (especially guy friends) for liking this show, but I know now that I liked this show for the same reason - it allows the viewer access into the depth of what goes on beneath the surface.
    Who cares what your friends think? If you find meaning in it, do it! A good show is a good show, and if it resonates with you, you should explore it.

Another show I loved as a kid was "Highway to Heaven" with Michael Landon. Even as a youngster, I liked him because he was nomadic and very much an individual. Sure, he was an angel, but we were seeing him in human form. It was just him and his sidekick.
    Admittedly, I thought this show was <edited >... but I did actually like Little House a lot. <-- guilty pleasure I liked the theme song, and I liked the characters, and Nellie and Mrs. Olsen (ESFJ fussbudget, my nemesis at the time) were fun to hate.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

[youtube=j4rPa94onVk]Ren and Stimpy[/youtube]
    [youtube=Y6RmQpvMycY]Rocko's Modern Life[/youtube]
    [youtube=nm_wfo_zLes]AAAHH Real Monsters[/youtube]
    [youtube=jitg-3xbmKU]Are You Afraid of the Dark[/youtube]
    [youtube=XnqeeBdGhh4]Pete and Pete[/youtube]

The 90s were so gloriously subversive. I barely watch TV anymore, I just get the highlights off the internet.
    Hello

MBTI
    istp

Jericho
    (and the obvious nerd stuff like StarTrek, XFiles, or the latest Galactica..)