User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INTP

Not superstitious at all, but I had lots of OCD-related "superstitions" growing up, like always having to do things in threes, or if I turned around twice one way, I'd have to turn around twice in the other direction.

I did a lot of theatre growing up, and there were TONS of theatre related superstitions that I always thought were silly. Had to continually fight the urge to do this:

YouTube - Don't mention Macbeth - Blackadder - BBC
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I don't like to talk about negative things or actually joke about people dying. It's a weird balance, because I do joke about dying or killing people.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    I get a wee bit superstitious about fortune cookies. When you believe that God puts an infinite amount of thought into every moment of your life, fortune cookies can become a big deal.

I've three in my wallet right now: Good news will come to you by mail & You will take a pleasant journey to a faraway place, (I'm applying to a slew of graduate programs), and You discover treasures where others see nothing unusual, (this one's personal).
    On September 18 this year I got this fortune cookie:

"Remember three months from this date! Your lucky star is shining."

A couple of months later I found out there would be layoffs at my work which were effective as of December 18, but I was not among the people being laid off. Also one of the decision makers was a guy who has had it out for me all year.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENTP

There is this one Japaneese thing I do for new years.

They say the first three days of the new year you shouldn't spend money because then you will spend money the rest of the year.

The first three days of the year are considered a national holiday.
    No one wants to work(too much) for the rest of the year either.

So I'm studying these days because that's a productive activity I wouldn't mind being in the habit of for the rest of the year.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nescio View Post

As for superstitious behaviors? I pick which ones I follow... like picking money up off the ground.
    Lol .. I do enjoy watching people pick up coins off the floor, especially when myself and a few colleagues are observing from afar .. Yeah, we super glued
    them to the floor once .. Some people will just keep on persevering though .. We laughed so hard.

Used to be into superstition but no longer.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Lol .. I do enjoy watching people pick up coins off the floor, especially when myself and a few colleagues are observing from afar .. Yeah, we super glued
    them to the floor once .. Some people will just keep on persevering though .. We laughed so hard.

Used to be into superstition but no longer.
    But it IS lucky to find money on the ground.
    (unless its super glued, then it's just money super glued to the ground)

Just like its lucky to find a pencil on the floor when you lack one and have a test the next period.
    :P