User Tag List

First 234

Thread: INTP Maturity

MBTI
    iNtp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    The tendency to overanalyze before acting, so that EVERY little ambiguity has been addressed, in order to negate any risk and not make any level of mistake, really kills INTPs -- who are usually far more competent and capable of success in the moment than they realize.
    This, many times over. In other words, this. Go out. Take risks. Do things just to go do them, and don't worry that you might screw them up or that they might not be fun. If they're not fun, then you wasted a few hours you would otherwise have spent bored anyway. Go out and live sometimes. Just because you're an INTP doesn't mean living in your head is all you need.

MBTI
    INtP

I admit that I was pretty tempted to joke around with a serious topic and simply respond with . I restrained myself, and then I read this:

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    The tendency to overanalyze before acting, so that EVERY little ambiguity has been addressed, in order to negate any risk and not make any level of mistake, really kills INTPs -- who are usually far more competent and capable of success in the moment than they realize.

And especially a [minor by anyone else's standard] disaster in the social arena early on can derail socialization attempts for years due to self-imposed embarrassment.
    As usual, Jennifer's nailed my INTP-experiences to a "T" (pun intended ). I feel like a hypocrite for suggesting this, as I've certainly not mastered or even really been able to do it much at all myself, but realize that perfection of possibility in your own mind is not the prerequisite for action.

Double that for social embarrassment. It's hard to do in or after such circumstances, but laughing a bit at yourself instead of being hard on yourself can sometimes really pay off in the long term (and sometimes even in the short term).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
    This, many times over. In other words, this. Go out. Take risks. Do things just to go do them, and don't worry that you might screw them up or that they might not be fun. If they're not fun, then you wasted a few hours you would otherwise have spent bored anyway. Go out and live sometimes. Just because you're an INTP doesn't mean living in your head is all you need.
    Sometimes it's hard, when you meet a cute girl, and start trying to act fucking prescient and like analyze every single possible course of action (speech, physical demeanor, etc), and have 15 fucking contingency plans LOL.

Yeah yeah I'm shy whatever.

MBTI
    xxxx

If I matured enough to balance a social life, I wouldn't be able to spend so much time on forums.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    iNtp

Quote Originally Posted by _Violence_ View Post
    Sometimes it's hard, when you meet a cute girl, and start trying to act fucking prescient and like analyze every single possible course of action (speech, physical demeanor, etc), and have 15 fucking contingency plans LOL.

Yeah yeah I'm shy whatever.
    I didn't say I'm good at following my own advise, now, did I?