User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: INTP Maturity

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by human101 View Post
    But for example say I find something to confide or i've found something to confide in, if nobody acknowledges my talents through dismissing or ignoring them how do I still develop confidence.
    same answer
    just take it a step at a time
    but if your worried that
    people wont acknowledge your talent
    well, you cant control the future
    or other people
    its a natural fear you have
    just try to focus on things you are good at
    and try not to worry about other people
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/robert165/

I'm just trying to do this Jigsaw puzzle, before it rains anymore.

MBTI
    INTJ

But for example say I find something to confide or i've found something to confide in, if nobody acknowledges my talents through dismissing or ignoring them how do I still develop confidence.
    First of all, realize that every intuition you have is valid for some reason. The trick to confidence is having the courage to stick to your guns when someone says you shouldn't.

Don't base your confidence on whether you're being appreciated. Never expect appreciation. In fact, expect for everyone to poop on your accomplishments and tell you you're dumb.

Bruce Lee said pretty much that life is a great big work of art. And art is unfiltered, unashamed self-expression. Don't apologize for doing what comes naturally to you.

Maturity is overrated if you ask me. What does it mean to be mature? Having a wife, kids, and a well-paying job? Balls to that. Does it mean waking up every morning right on time for work and doing your job exactly the way they tell you to?

If I'm going to use maturity as a positive thing, then I'm thinking along the lines of "Am I at peace with my emotions?" "Is my reasoning sound?"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Like many IN types, INTPs can seem rather precocious because of being so intellectually inclined. Their growth seems to come in learning to maintain and value their relationships and to interact better socially. They lose the belligerent, arrogant, know-it-all vibe (or it's toned down considerably).

I know a few INTP men with ExFJ mothers & they seem the most balanced - I wonder if having a Fe-dom parent helps them develop that inferior function more positively.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Like many IN types, INTPs can seem rather precocious because of being so intellectually inclined. Their growth seems to come in learning to maintain and value their relationships and to interact better socially. They lose the belligerent, arrogant, know-it-all vibe (or it's toned down considerably).

I know a few INTP men with ExFJ mothers & they seem the most balanced - I wonder if having a Fe-dom parent helps them develop that inferior function more positively.
    My mum just happens to be an ESFJ, but none of her characteristics have rubbed of on me.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Basically I just turned 18 and realised at the start of the decade I was 8 and the last 10 years have flown by, but i've realised I haven't really matured at all or developed any self-confidence, is this an INTP thing ?, do you develop confidence at this age from within and carry that to the outside world or are external events more important in creating that confidence ?

What was it like for the adult INTPs on this forum,when you were around my age in terms of maturing ?

How did you develop self-confidence ?

other NT's aswell
    Once you exit high school, start college, and start dealing with the real, lonely world, I think you'll grow in ways you'd never imagined. It helps if you use your cognitive abilities to also consciously effect the direction of your growth.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Well, what is maturity? I don't think INTP's really mature. We always keep an open mind. And we damn well keep thinking about things no matter what. We'll never be truely done maturing. So in the sense of being better equipped through experience, our maturing process is an ongoing process until the day we die or lose our minds.

What I do know is that maturity does not equal confidence.

As I mature, I get less and less confident. When I was younger and carefree, I was one big block of pure confidence.

Suffice to say, I used to be quite over confident. And that got me in quite some bad places too. And through experiences, I've learned to become less confident. Thus maturing.

I'm still and always will be pretty confident. But I'm learning to keep it real, so to speak. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Develop your weaker functions (Si, Fe ...)

Get experiences. Absorb experiences like there's no tomorrow. You're young, so you are still very physically able/ full of youthful spirit. A healthy, well-rounded INTP is one who absorbs all information without discernment - learns everything without prior judgment - not one who filters it excessively through Ti from the very start.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post
    Develop your weaker functions (Si, Fe ...)

Get experiences. Absorb experiences like there's no tomorrow. You're young, so you are still very physically able/ full of youthful spirit. A healthy, well-rounded INTP is one who absorbs all information without discernment - learns everything without prior judgment - not one who filters it excessively through Ti from the very start.

This is probably my biggest issue learning how to just experience things without analyzing them.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I've watched my INTP husband's development since he was 20 and he is now 38. He has never been as confident as he has a right to be, IMO. He's extremely intelligent and competent but rarely acknowledges that to himself or others.

However, over time he has become more confident. Some of it just comes with experience and the realization of just what the competition is. I would say his confidence has built the most since his early thirties when he found a career that he doesn't hate, that compensates him reasonably, and that he's done pretty well at.

If you want to become more confident, don't let fear of failure keep you from trying new things or cause you to give up on something you want to do even if it doesn't come easy at first. An INTP's confidence is going to be rooted in their competence and you have to give yourself the opportunity to gain that competence by taking a few risks.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I can't speak for everybody, but I think I've been maturing by learning to keep my mouth shut.

I'm not very proficient at it, but I've been avoiding a lot of annoying situations by doing it.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;