User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

I've experienced physical reactions to negativity like that - tightening of the stomach, especially - for many years, but very often recently, and I have always been sensitive to the emotional environment around me. So I can relate very well to your description, along with the others on here.
    ALL AROUND THE WORLD PEOPLE EATIN' GUMBO

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I don't know if this is exactly the same, but when I get hypersensitive about things it is a sign that I've accumulated way too much stress. For example at one point if I got a little bit warm I felt like I had to take my coat off immediately because I was so irritated by it.

If you think you might have accumulated a lot of stress, then it is a good idea to back away from the source of stress for a while and do some things that rejuvenate you.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by theaferist View Post
    Even though I find it very hard to feel the mood and emotions of other persons, I feel the overall group atmosphere really well. I can say that I'm really sensitive to it too. That's why I guess I've always been the clown, the one who cheers up and tries to have a good atmosphere around me, because I'm always trying to avoid negative things, fx fights, real, emotional arguments and bad gossips. Whenever smth like that starts and I feel I can't change it, I just leave..
    Yes, this exactly. I can't stand negative people bringing down the entire situation. And it's more than just not liking it, it manifests itself very physically. Like I am repulsed by it.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I don't know if this is exactly the same, but when I get hypersensitive about things it is a sign that I've accumulated way too much stress. For example at one point if I got a little bit warm I felt like I had to take my coat off immediately because I was so irritated by it.

If you think you might have accumulated a lot of stress, then it is a good idea to back away from the source of stress for a while and do some things that rejuvenate you.
    It's definitely true that the more tired and stressed I am, the more sensitive I become. I guess that's true for anyone but I never made the connection until just recently. And I am also accident prone but when I find myself slamming into tables and doors on a constant basis, that's a good sign that I need to destress, as well.