User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I hate when such responses are given when a task has been asked of you. However I find myself giving these same responses except that I give them when I am trying to teach someone. If I'm trying to coach or teach another person a skill I normally like them to do some exploring and to then build on what they uncover themselves. I wonder if everyone has different situations in which theses responses annoy them.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

If I'm looking for feedback, I'm much more tolerant of bullshit answers. But if I require a specific answer to a specific question, I need it answered completely and concisely.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

This is a pet peeve of mine that is commonplace feature of my life.

Often times, when I ask someone how something needs to be done, their response often has me responding with: "That's too vague. Can you be more specific?"

My need for precision in descriptions, especially as it pertains to instructions, can be asinine. I don't like to make assumptions on how something should or shouldn't be done. With any level of perceived ambiguity, I will come up with 55,000 different ways of approaching it and have a hard time picking an "appropriate" one.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The title of the thread was a little misleading. I guess all types like SOME level of clarification... just in different areas.

I mean, SJs I know IRL seem very bent on getting closure on things; the abstractions tend to bug them, the words are empty and have no tangible meaning and they can't figure out what to do with them, and they ask ME to explain better what I mean... when another N would know exactly what I meant even with my one vague sentence.

But I do like to get things clearly stated when it matters. I like to know more information rather than less, and in a conversation, I'm not a minimalist... I want people to share everything relevant to topic so that we can find the best answer together and I can see clearly.

I also don't like getting vague tasks from people where I KNOW they are going to complain/judge me if I do it a way they don't like but they haven't specified exactly what they want. Or if I'm doing work for hire... you have to be very clear so that there is no confusion later. For me, context drives the demand for tangible clarity; otherwise I'm usually happy with abstraction clarity and don't need the physical details.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I also don't like getting vague tasks from people where I KNOW they are going to complain/judge me if I do it a way they don't like but they haven't specified exactly what they want. Or if I'm doing work for hire... you have to be very clear so that there is no confusion later. For me, context drives the demand for tangible clarity; otherwise I'm usually happy with abstraction clarity and don't need the physical details.
    I concur, especially with the bolded sections of this quote. It's another good way of saying what I said in my previous post. I tend to screw up horribly with tasks that I don't have precise-enough instructions. If I do something based on what "feels right", I will usually piss the other person(s) off. Relative to other people, what "feels right" for me tends to be idiosyncratic and asynchronous - I have very different approaches to performing a task for myself, vs something for other people.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    The title of the thread was a little misleading. I guess all types like SOME level of clarification... just in different areas.

I mean, SJs I know IRL seem very bent on getting closure on things; the abstractions tend to bug them, the words are empty and have no tangible meaning and they can't figure out what to do with them, and they ask ME to explain better what I mean... when another N would know exactly what I meant even with my one vague sentence.

But I do like to get things clearly stated when it matters. I like to know more information rather than less, and in a conversation, I'm not a minimalist... I want people to share everything relevant to topic so that we can find the best answer together and I can see clearly.

I guess I'm not sure what the difference is between the SJ clarification and the NT clarification. I know there's supposedly the concrete/abstract differentiation between the two temperaments. What sort of closure do SJ's need, and what sort of closure do NT's need?

This comes about because I apparently need things to be nailed down a lot, or at least am tired of people being vauge and fuzzy when there's something they want me to do, which is supposedly an S trait. I'm not sure how needing this sort of exactness when it comes to tasks fits as a form of "abstract" communication, which I'm supposed to have as an NT.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78