User Tag List

123 Last

ThatGirl

Default ENTJ Perspective

So many do not understand how an ENTJ thinks. In this thread I will attempt to shine some light.

For one when we meet you, you are neutral in our minds. You have no being, no relevance until you do or say something that is valuable to the context of the situation. If you immediately expect us to treat you with any notion that incorporates specialized understanding, you are going to be disappointed. We will not. It is not because we don't value you, it is because we don't fucking know you or how you pertain. We need to size you up first.

From there, there comes a sense of your capabilities. What do you have to contribute, what do you create conflict with. We will look at situations quickly, specially in the professional world, and will expect you to jump right in. Utilizing your strengths and we will prepare for your weakness, by maybe asking you to do two times your weakness vs one of your strength.

In relationships. We go out of our way, to accomadate you.At least as we believe accommodating is. We may try to open up. To share personal information. To schedule you in. There is little you will get from us beyond that at such a short period of time.

If you fail to recognize we are going out of our way to please you, (since 97% of people don't even pass the first screening), we will doubt our judgment of you. We either thought wrong or you are an ass. Either way we will alter out strategy to meet you on your own level.this isn't coldness. Ultimately we would like to learn we were right, but if you continue to falter, we will very quickly lose respect and be annoyed.

I hate writing long posts. Any thoughts?

OMFG
    TLDR

No offense, TG, but if this is indeed how ENTJs think, perhaps ENTJs deserve the "Ivory towers" phrase more so than INTPs.

I am thinking about dis-respecting all those who need their respect to be "earned." If we aren't good enough to associate with you perhaps the same can be said in kind. (half-joking)

If I know you well enough, you will take this criticism in stride.

I also, believe this behavior is a front of sorts to a more vulnerable, less machine-like, actual person.

EDIT: I was responding to the first part, and the people not making the first screening, comment. The rest of the post seems to indicate that it is indeed a front.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ENFJ

um..... why not try softening your approach to people/life/men. if you can see your more restrained traits, why can't you change them? is typology really meant to limit who we can become?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/robert165/

I'm just trying to do this Jigsaw puzzle, before it rains anymore.

ThatGirl

This was meant for your benefit.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    as was my post
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/robert165/

I'm just trying to do this Jigsaw puzzle, before it rains anymore.

MBTI
    INFP

And it is appreciated. I hope to meet an ENTJ girl (where the heck are you guys!!), and it's useful for me to know what to do before I lose my chances.

On this note though, seriously: where are all the ENTJ women? What are their usual haunts?
    Last edited by phinny5608; 12-25-2009 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Typo... grr...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by phinny5608 View Post
    What are their usually haunts?
    The crypts of their former enemies and unlucky men who got too close and were chopped up by the ENTJ axe.
    Last edited by Kasper; 12-26-2009 at 09:57 PM.

So many do not understand how an ENTJ thinks. In this thread I will attempt to shine some light.

For one when we meet you, you are neutral in our minds.
    Correction: This is how you behave.

You have no being, no relevance until you do or say something that is valuable to the context of the situation.

If you immediately expect us to treat you with any notion that incorporates specialized understanding, you are going to be disappointed. We will not.

It is not because we don't value you, it is because we don't fucking know you or how you pertain. We need to size you up first.

Don't post for anyone but yourself TG.

MBTI
    INTJ

The ENTJs I know IRL rarely have much of a "you" focus. They're totally capable of being around people and joining conversations, but what they talk about isn't "you". It's systems and processes, and there might be stuff in there about you or what you should do, but it's more like a corollary than anything else. As you'd expect from a Te dom.

So I don't much recognise this people focus you've got going there ThatGirl. You sure it's not Fe?
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr