• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJ Perspective

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For the record, I have not now, nor ever, been controlled into responding to a situation in which I am baited by someone else's' desire. Everyone who is enjoying the witch hunt, go read up on WWII.

To respond to the "using people". Perhaps a bad choice of words, but as I stated before everyone sizes up people for utility. It is ridiculous to be open to associations that have nothing to offer, even if that is solely conversation. I personally do look at what people have to offer. Not saying that they have nothing if it doesn't pertain to me, only that if it doesn't I will see no need for us to get any closer. I think that is pretty standard for everyone.
Well how about 'using people' for experimental purposes?

phinny5608

MBTI Type
INFP
As a source for personal research, this has become a complete disappointment. I hope you guys sort out your differences. Just wish you did it elsewhere.

Jaguar

We aren't specimens for you to study, phinny.
Nor are we here to entertain you.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
but as I stated before everyone sizes up people for utility.

:huh: You're in everyone's mind? :huh:

As a source for personal research, this has become a complete disappointment. I hope you guys sort out your differences. Just wish you did it elsewhere.

Many ENTJs (me including) have replied to this thread, explaining their own attitude towards getting in touch with somebody for the first time. So, I don't think the thread has failed, as long as you didn't expect everybody to validate ThatGirl's opinion.

phinny5608

MBTI Type
INFP
Many ENTJs (me including) have replied to this thread, explaining their own attitude towards getting in touch with somebody for the first time. So, I don't think the thread has failed, as long as you didn't expect everybody to validate ThatGirl's opinion.

I acknowledged this in my post before that, and I do appreciate the relevant feedback people like yourself gave, regardless of whether it validated TG's opinion. When I said disappointment (and note I said "has become"), I was refering to the derailment, namely given my apparently vain attempt to get this back on track.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So many do not understand how an ENTJ ThatGirl thinks. In this thread I will attempt to shine some light...

Oh boy... :doh:

TG, this remark you made...
For one when we meet you, you are neutral in our minds.

...is in direct conflict with the next few sentences of your post...
You have no being, no relevance until you do or say something that is valuable to the context of the situation. If you immediately expect us to treat you with any notion that incorporates specialized understanding, you are going to be disappointed. We will not.

...to which I say. Oh really? You seem to have an unhealthy sense of yourself, since it appears from what you wrote above that you think you are better than other people, and that other people must prove themselves to you before they become "relevant" as you put it.

It is not because we don't value you, it is because we don't fucking know you or how you pertain. We need to size you up first.

Mmmmm. Value judgements. Interesting.

From there, there comes a sense of your capabilities. What do you have to contribute, what do you create conflict with. We will look at situations quickly, specially in the professional world, and will expect you to jump right in. Utilizing your strengths and we will prepare for your weakness, by maybe asking you to do two times your weakness vs one of your strength.

What about grammar? Is it specially important to ENTJs?

In relationships. We go out of our way, to accomadate you.At least as we believe accommodating is. We may try to open up. To share personal information. To schedule you in. There is little you will get from us beyond that at such a short period of time.

This passage is in direct conflict with itself, as well as in conflict with your first paragraph, where you stated that you (pardon me, that ENTJs) don't consider people as relevant until they prove themselves. In my opinion, that's a shallow vantage point to live from for anyone, regardless of their MBTI type.

If you fail to recognize we are going out of our way to please you, (since 97% of people don't even pass the first screening), we will doubt our judgment of you. We either thought wrong or you are an ass. Either way we will alter out strategy to meet you on your own level.this isn't coldness. Ultimately we would like to learn we were right, but if you continue to falter, we will very quickly lose respect and be annoyed.

:sick:

I hate writing long posts. Any thoughts?

Based on the negative tone of your post, I think you might want to consider developing some character. Do you think you are better than other people? What gives you the right to deem yourself worthy or even capable of determining if another person is "relevant?" What are you in charge of? What have you accomplished? I think what you wrote above in the OP is actually quite rude and condescending. I don't think its representative of ENTJs at all. I think it is representative of someone with a nasty outlook on life.

No, accurately speaking I am saying that yes, ENTJs are friendly and able to engage in social aspects. This is when people are neutral. The interactions are neutral. We take no personal stance on our opinion of you. Essentially you don't really matter. I went on to elaborate once the cost/benefit assessments form during the integration of dynamics. For instance if we have to work with you, or are looking into a personal relationship.

This seems like floundering to me, just my two cents on the matter...

Or just really good at knowing what makes people tick. Just because I am well rounded does not mean I am not an ENTJ.

Do well rounded people have a condescending viewpoint towards other people by default? Just curious...

At any rate, this thread is not about me, but ENTJs in general. Feel free anyone to express your own perspectives for comparison.

From what I am reading, it's about you TG...

I bleieve JAg is just provoking TG, for some reason he beleive her own preferences are not what they should be... How J type is that.... :D YOU can't be an ENTJ! :D

To be honest it's good and old and has been for at least 2 weeks, he will eventually get borad I'm sure

Tink, I don't see Jag as provoking TG. I know, as Jag does, that TG posted here stating that she was tired of being an ENTP, and thought she would "try out" being an ENTJ. This thread seems to be a continuation of TG's experiment. Last time I checked one's MBTI type wasn't a pair of shoes. There is no trying on a type. Your type is your type, live with it and love it.

I know, but stop making out she isn't an ENTJ - its getting tiered and annoying... its her own preference after all.....

See above...

+1

maybe ESTP though.

Oh really? I'd say whomever has an outlook on other people as written up in the OP is a complete jerk, regardless of MBTI type. I'm not one to buy into stereotypes. If they work for you then that's fine, enjoy them.

Maybe TG is an ENTP trying to fool us into thinking she thinks she's ENTJ. Like it's all a big experimental game to her.

See above, by her own admission...

People please...it's Christmas. Give the gift of RESPECT. Much like herpes it's the gift that keeps on giving.

Yes, I'm looking at you ThatGirl, Jaguar, et al.

It might be easier to ignore threads like this... I'm considering it, this is taking up alot of my precious time... :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Tink, I don't see Jag as provoking TG. I know, as Jag does, that TG posted here stating that she was tired of being an ENTP, and thought she would "try out" being an ENTJ. This thread seems to be a continuation of TG's experiment. Last time I checked one's MBTI type wasn't a pair of shoes. There is no trying on a type. Your type is your type, live with it and love it.

:

I beleived she stopped experiementing and chose as a prefence as an ENTJ... Jag seems to take issue with this, as he has done on a few threads in recent times... which gets very old very quickly... LEAVE THE POOR GIRL TO IT.
This is her choice and preference, MBTI is a preference scale, a means of self exploration. ......It's not Jag's choice to make... he need to leave her be to get on with it... this has contunued across a number of threads, and is begining to sound like a scratched record.....

There are many people who have changed type, TG is just one of those... it's like people expect everyone to be set in concrete... they aren't.....

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I beleived she stopped experiementing and chose as a prefence as an ENTJ... Jag seems to take issue with this, as he has done on a few threads in recent times... which gets very old very quickly... LEAVE THE POOR GIRL TO IT.
This is her choice and preference, MBTI is a preference scale, a means of self exploration. ......It's not Jag's choice to make... he need to leave her be to get on with it... this has contunued across a number of threads, and is begining to sound like a scratched record.....

There are many people who have changed type, TG is just one of those... it's like people expect everyone to be set in concrete... they aren't.....

I hear you, Tink. None of us knows exactly what another thinks, we only know our own thoughts. I read TG's thread where she admitted to be "tired of being an ENTP." To me, that sounds like someone who has tested ENTP, knows that is their type, and for whatever reason has chosen to be bored with being an ENTP, and then chosen to "try being an ENTJ." If I were "tired of having a blood type of O-Negative" could I "try being someone with an O-Positive blood type?"

I can only state my opinion on this whole issue is. I think what TG wrote in the OP is not indicative of the ENTJ type in general, based on the ENTJ I know IRL very well. I think that what TG wrote is rude and condescending. I do not think TG is an ENTJ. I think that based on what she wrote before, she is conducting an experiment for her own amusement. I actually think she is more likely to be an ESTJ, as AntiSocialOne stated above.

I don't care what anyone's type is. People are people. All can be good, all can be bad, all can be polite, and all can be rude. I think that basic human principle gets lost in the mix on this site quite often. Not every behavior is based or reliant on MBTI type.

Have a good day, Tink! :yes:

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
My what an embarrassing mudslinging exercise.

I believe people misunderstood the idea of MBTI being a self-image and instead have chose the medium of prejudice and bias to reach a conclusion which is neither on topic or neccessary.

Perhaps some ENTJs could have approached with their idea of being an ENTJ to reinforce the position for or against. Instead we have a concerto of people with pre-conceptions telling us all what they think ENTJs are not.

This thread should be locked.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't care what anyone's type is. People are people. All can be good, all can be bad, all can be polite, and all can be rude. I think that basic human principle gets lost in the mix on this site quite often. Not every behavior is based or reliant on MBTI type.

I completely agree, but sometimes being polite is difficult if someone is stalking you on your threads... I have huge amount of time for Jag..... but sometimes his J type is just too much for others and he pushes it too far.

I don't support TG being rude, but I can see that she may be easily provoked if she isn't be allowed freedom to be....

Sorry I am soap boxing... I will shut up now :D

Thanks and you have a nice day too , it's nearly sunset here...

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I completely agree, but sometimes being polite is difficult if someone is stalking you on your threads... I have huge amount of time for Jag..... but sometimes his J type is just too much for others and he pushes it too far.

I don't support TG being rude, but I can see that she may be easily provoked if she isn't be allowed freedom to be....

Sorry I am soap boxing... I will shut up now :D

Thanks and you have a nice day too , it's nearly sunset here...

It's not anything associated with type - he just likes being an instigator. A person can deal with it in whatever way they so desire. He doesn't apologize for who he is, and you know, he doesn't have to.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
It's not anything associated with type - he just likes being an instigator. A person can deal with it in whatever way they so desire. He doesn't apologize for who he is, and you know, he doesn't have to.

Yea but he does have to take responciblity for his own behaviours, he is an adult.

I'm not trying to pick on Jag (I've a lot fo time for him), more prevent Jag from picking on TG, enough is enough.... it's not for him to follow her around interfereing with her posting.

Jag for what it's worth I dont' blame you for being cross with IJ.... not on to mis quote people.....

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Misquote? The whole thing is a lie. None of it is mine.
Invisible Jim's behavior is pathetic.

Triglav the troll, who got banned, used to play games like that with people's posts.

That sulks, sorry you are on the receiving end..... It's really unfair for people to do that.

Wubbies :)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Can we by any chance stop getting in each others way????

Jag, if the thread/thatgirls threads piss you off so, post in it once saying you disagree. That's enough. You've said your part.

Thatgirl, try writing your threads in a way that shows that it is your personal experience, which you believe could be true for ENTJs as well, and ask for their input. Clearly, this should be implied, but considering how heated the ENTJ-community of late has been, it might be worth a try.

And please, stop harassing each other and pissing each other off over the entire board, and if it is that you guys love that, make a thread where you can battle it out, so it doesnt spread over the entire f*** board. You're giving other people a migraine, and I don't even wanna know what you're doing to your own frigging bloodpressure.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
You are what you think you are. What other people say does not matter.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
You are what you think you are.
True.

What other people say does not matter.
This is oftentimes true, but, not always.

We learn from people, if we truly listen, observe, absorb and take in their perspectives.

Only you can truly know yourself, but sometimes we need a little help from our friends, even our enemies. ;)