• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJ Perspective

T

ThatGirl

So many do not understand how an ENTJ thinks. In this thread I will attempt to shine some light.

For one when we meet you, you are neutral in our minds. You have no being, no relevance until you do or say something that is valuable to the context of the situation. If you immediately expect us to treat you with any notion that incorporates specialized understanding, you are going to be disappointed. We will not. It is not because we don't value you, it is because we don't fucking know you or how you pertain. We need to size you up first.

From there, there comes a sense of your capabilities. What do you have to contribute, what do you create conflict with. We will look at situations quickly, specially in the professional world, and will expect you to jump right in. Utilizing your strengths and we will prepare for your weakness, by maybe asking you to do two times your weakness vs one of your strength.

In relationships. We go out of our way, to accomadate you.At least as we believe accommodating is. We may try to open up. To share personal information. To schedule you in. There is little you will get from us beyond that at such a short period of time.

If you fail to recognize we are going out of our way to please you, (since 97% of people don't even pass the first screening), we will doubt our judgment of you. We either thought wrong or you are an ass. Either way we will alter out strategy to meet you on your own level.this isn't coldness. Ultimately we would like to learn we were right, but if you continue to falter, we will very quickly lose respect and be annoyed.

I hate writing long posts. Any thoughts?

ygolo

My termites win
No offense, TG, but if this is indeed how ENTJs think, perhaps ENTJs deserve the "Ivory towers" phrase more so than INTPs.

I am thinking about dis-respecting all those who need their respect to be "earned." If we aren't good enough to associate with you perhaps the same can be said in kind. (half-joking)

If I know you well enough, you will take this criticism in stride.

I also, believe this behavior is a front of sorts to a more vulnerable, less machine-like, actual person.

EDIT: I was responding to the first part, and the people not making the first screening, comment. The rest of the post seems to indicate that it is indeed a front.

Robert165

MBTI Type
ENFJ
um..... why not try softening your approach to people/life/men. if you can see your more restrained traits, why can't you change them? is typology really meant to limit who we can become?

phinny5608

MBTI Type
INFP
This was meant for your benefit.

And it is appreciated. I hope to meet an ENTJ girl (where the heck are you guys!!), and it's useful for me to know what to do before I lose my chances.

On this note though, seriously: where are all the ENTJ women? What are their usual haunts?

Last edited:

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
What are their usually haunts?

The crypts of their former enemies and unlucky men who got too close and were chopped up by the ENTJ axe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaguar

So many do not understand how an ENTJ thinks. In this thread I will attempt to shine some light.

For one when we meet you, you are neutral in our minds.

Correction: This is how you behave.

You have no being, no relevance until you do or say something that is valuable to the context of the situation.

If you immediately expect us to treat you with any notion that incorporates specialized understanding, you are going to be disappointed. We will not.

It is not because we don't value you, it is because we don't fucking know you or how you pertain. We need to size you up first.

Don't post for anyone but yourself TG.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
The ENTJs I know IRL rarely have much of a "you" focus. They're totally capable of being around people and joining conversations, but what they talk about isn't "you". It's systems and processes, and there might be stuff in there about you or what you should do, but it's more like a corollary than anything else. As you'd expect from a Te dom.

So I don't much recognise this people focus you've got going there ThatGirl. You sure it's not Fe?

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ

Don't post for anyone but yourself TG.

This is kind of what I was thinking too.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Jeeeesus, that's probably how YOU think thatgirl o_O

T

ThatGirl

The ENTJs I know IRL rarely have much of a "you" focus. They're totally capable of being around people and joining conversations, but what they talk about isn't "you". It's systems and processes, and there might be stuff in there about you or what you should do, but it's more like a corollary than anything else. As you'd expect from a Te dom.

So I don't much recognise this people focus you've got going there ThatGirl. You sure it's not Fe?

This thread was to shine light on the way we sum up people. To help others know why we do what we do and that it is non offensive. As you can see by rereading the post, people hold little relevance until later in our perspectives. Once they do there are different aspects as to how we will go about interacting with them if they are a permanent fixture in our environment. Never said we couldn't hold a conversation.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
My experiences of ENJT's tining is that they evaluate you VERY quickly, sometimes in under a minute, they decide if youa re worthy of their time/investment and then treat you according to that. I think they will evalue you a lot in the first few weeks, constantly pushing at boundaries.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
How is anything I said wrong?

I personally don't think/speak that much about people, and/or power dynamics. I'm more interested in well-defined processes that can be modeled, which produce at least a stable distribution of results. People are too complex to fit this description. I also think it's quite dehumanizing to immediately think about "how can he-she contribute to what I'm doing" wrt people. I mean, there's also friendly interaction, and stuff. Although, in an anglo-saxon culture this part could be less emphasized.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
This thread was to shine light on the way we sum up people. To help others know why we do what we do and that it is non offensive. As you can see by rereading the post, people hold little relevance until later in our perspectives. Once they do there are different aspects as to how we will go about interacting with them if they are a permanent fixture in our environment. Never said we couldn't hold a conversation.

As we NTJs know, by virtue of Ni blobbiness and Te privileging efficiency over (complete) accuracy, words and phrases are simple markers for more complex, widely connected bundles of ideas. I wouldn't thus wish to suggest that when I said ENTJs can have conversations that I meant... ENTJs can have conversations. Are you sure that's not Ti you're using there, being specific and exacting about meaning and assertion?

Jaguar

I love the freedom to explore as I see fit without having the standards of accountability. For instance while I may plan the primiter when I go out, I leave enough room in the middle for complete freedom of action. I am usually the life of the party, or you cant find me while I bounce around from person to person to see what makes them tick.

On Singer/ Loomis's personality inventory, they use a hypothetical party scenario.
The answer which correlates with Ne, is someone who goes from person to person at a party since they can't stay focused on a single person for a long period of time.

The "freedom to explore without accountability" and the "bouncing around from person to person" is more likely to be ENTP, not ENTJ.

I am very easy going if I don't have to get close to you. I am known for being wierd, creative, and "larger than life", motivated, dominating, not trustworthy, funny, not afraid to look like an idiot, objective, and easy going. I can't spell to save my life and I am not a linear thinker. I hate paper work.

Not exactly what one finds when they read a profile of an ENTJ.

T

ThatGirl

As we NTJs know, by virtue of Ni blobbiness and Te privileging efficiency over (complete) accuracy, words and phrases are simple markers for more complex, widely connected bundles of ideas. I wouldn't thus wish to suggest that when I said ENTJs can have conversations that I meant... ENTJs can have conversations. Are you sure that's not Ti you're using there, being specific and exacting about meaning and assertion?

No, accurately speaking I am saying that yes, ENTJs are friendly and able to engage in social aspects. This is when people are neutral. The interactions are neutral. We take no personal stance on our opinion of you. Essentially you don't really matter. I went on to elaborate once the cost/benefit assessments form during the integration of dynamics. For instance if we have to work with you, or are looking into a personal relationship.

On Singer/ Loomis's personality inventory, they use a hypothetical party scenario.
The answer which correlates with Ne, is someone who goes from person to person at a party since they can't stay focused on a single person for a long period of time.

The "freedom to explore without accountability" and the "bouncing around from person to person" is more likely to be ENTP, not ENTJ.

Not exactly what one finds when they read a profile of an ENTJ.

Or just really good at knowing what makes people tick. Just because I am well rounded does not mean I am not an ENTJ. On the contrary, the fact that I have utilized my knowledge to build up areas of capability in multiple facets is a greater testimony to my type. I could give you a run down of my entire life history if it would satisfy your need to make sense of my type but it is a waste of time. The same as continuing to quote perspectives from the past as though one were permanently held accountable.

And to the latter statement, that is just smart. Planning ahead so that no matter what happens or if anything goes wrong, your perimeters are covered and nothing receives consequence.

And to FDG just because I have a greater awareness of my own actions and thoughts does not mean they aren't accurate to the type. I understand that my understanding is a little unpresidented but I am sure if you pay more attention you will notice its accuracy. It is not dehumanizing to think in this way, which was the basis of the post in the first place, nothing personal. It is simply a matter of cost benefit interpersonal communications. Which everyone filters, in on way or another.

At any rate, this thread is not about me, but ENTJs in general. Feel free anyone to express your own perspectives for comparison.

Jaguar

This is when people are neutral. The interactions are neutral. We take no personal stance on our opinion of you. Essentially you don't really matter.

There is no "we." It is you who thinks like that. Get it through your head.

Just because I am well rounded does not mean I am not an ENTJ.
Your posts suggest anything but "well-roundedness."

I could give you a run down of my entire life history if it would satisfy your need to make sense of my type

I've read everything I need to read, TG.
There is no Te-Ni-Se-Fi going on with you in any order. None.
The fact that you can't see it is amusing, as well as revealing.

At any rate, this thread is not about me, but ENTJs in general. Feel free anyone to express your own perspectives for comparison.

Quite the contrary.

You made it all about you when you took it upon yourself to start a thread that has nothing to do with ENTJs.
This thread has to do with you, and how you think and behave.