• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJ Perspective

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
There was nothing wrong or out of the ordinary in the style presented by the OP. What made the thread devolve was people's past perceptions of the poster, a generally negative perception. Many of us also do not believe the poster to be the type she says she is, so when she speaks on that issue some will immediately discard what she says for feeling it lacks any credibility or true insight, and thusly, a devolving discussion is born.

Dude, you are confused... there was everything wrong with TG's original post. She boldly stated (and repeated a few times) that her own perspective was that of all ENTJs. Not only is that not true, but even if she WAS an ENTJ, she has no business making that kind of claim. She is her own unique person with her own unique perspective and she should not irritate other ENTJs by telling them who they are. KTHX.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
This is kind of an irrelevant post but...

I only think there are, like, three or four real ENTJs who frequent this forum.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Why would a forum with 2000 active members only contain 3 or 4 ENTJs? What kind of weird statistical anomaly would that be?

I think what it REALLY is is that people don't have a clue about what ENTJs are like and start throwing random types at people who display normal human traits that they don't understand that EVERYONE possesses.

T

ThatGirl

Dude, you are confused... there was everything wrong with TG's original post. She boldly stated (and repeated a few times) that her own perspective was that of all ENTJs. Not only is that not true, but even if she WAS an ENTJ, she has no business making that kind of claim. She is her own unique person with her own unique perspective and she should not irritate other ENTJs by telling them who they are. KTHX.

So because I wrote in an objective perspective manner instead of using personal indicator words, my post is somehow more offensive. Yet after taking the time to walk everyone through the objective interpretation of it, it is not?

That is my perspective. I can only talk about what I have known, observed, and personally experienced. If there was fault in the context it was up to you guys to either pose alternate views or analyze the ideas and point out contradictions.

The whole feely thing can fucking stop now.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
So because I wrote in an objective perspective manner instead of using personal indicator words, my post is somehow more offensive.

There you go, you got it! *clap, clap, clap*

You provided this forum with some random gem of a perspective, tried to pawn it off on the rest of us ENTJs, and then freaked out and played the victim when we disagreed. Should I start a thread saying that an ENTJ's favourite colour is green because mine is? How do you think people will react to that?

Do us all a favour and just don't bother sharing your perspective if you can't do it in a mature way.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh so I guess it logically flows that a type who's primary function deals with classification and organization would not be interested in a classification system like MBTI.

I see what you did there!

Different types have different reasons for being more or less often interested in this stuff.

Te needs to see a realistic external world application before accepting this sort of thing, and many ENTJs have difficulty accepting such a hypothetical system without a clearly empirical test behind it. (See every post Jaguar has ever made on type theory, for instance.)

The ENTJs who are here are usually considering typology on an Ni basis, but as that's not the dominant function for them, Te's insistence upon quantifiable, empirical evidence usually wins out and most of them don't care. This is what I've encountered most often upon explaining typology to ENTJs--"How can I accept this without empirical evidence?"

Note that there are even fewer ESTJs--Te+Si is even less interested because it sounds too hypothetical and can't be directly related to a lot of practically useful goals.

S

Sniffles

Feel the love in this thread, it puts Woodstock to shame I tell you! :hug: :hug:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Feel the love in this thread, it puts Woodstock to shame I tell you! :hug: :hug:

I enjoy it when you let your Fe out here. Sometimes I think you stick to Ni+Ti because it fits the forum standards more often, and I have a feeling you appear much more F-oriented in real life...you just talk to obnoxious NTs in their own language. ;)

T

ThatGirl

There you go, you got it! *clap, clap, clap*

You provided this forum with some random gem of a perspective, tried to pawn it off on the rest of us ENTJs, and then freaked out and played the victim when we disagreed. Should I start a thread saying that an ENTJ's favourite colour is green because mine is? How do you think people will react to that?

Do us all a favour and just don't bother sharing your perspective if you can't do it in a mature way.

Are you kidding me....or at the very least blind. My arguments were in relation to Jaguar trolling and the minions that followed. I didn't pawn anything off on ENTJs this would be the victimized perspective you are speaking about.

There are more ways to disagree than attacking the person, and btw.

One of the things I loved most when reading the book "The Art of War," was the beauty of strategy which is just NT in general. The brute force thing that jaguar does, and also attributed to ENTJs simply isn't true.

It is in my understanding that being ENTJ is more about openness, strategy, and effectiveness. When they bull doze over others it is often on an unconscious level, ultimately careless strategy.

The only other thread I could liken this response with would be this one

You may want to make note of where it was posted.

The last point being I will not be bullied into changing my type. Many wise strategists also know when they are fighting a losing battle and do not waste resources on such inconsequential matters.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ lol I clicked on the thread you linked to, and it took all of four posts before an INFP showed up saying "SORRY A FEELER DUMPED YOU" because she has to invent emotional backstory to explain away anyone disliking her. "If you don't like me, the problem must be with YOU!" Gross.

S

Sniffles

I enjoy it when you let your Fe out here. Sometimes I think you stick to Ni+Ti because it fits the forum standards more often, and I have a feeling you appear much more F-oriented in real life...you just talk to obnoxious NTs in their own language. ;)

Well I'm often forced to....not that I mind. ;)

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Different types have different reasons for being more or less often interested in this stuff.

Te needs to see a realistic external world application before accepting this sort of thing, and many ENTJs have difficulty accepting such a hypothetical system without a clearly empirical test behind it. (See every post Jaguar has ever made on type theory, for instance.)

The ENTJs who are here are usually considering typology on an Ni basis, but as that's not the dominant function for them, Te's insistence upon quantifiable, empirical evidence usually wins out and most of them don't care. This is what I've encountered most often upon explaining typology to ENTJs--"How can I accept this without empirical evidence?"

Note that there are even fewer ESTJs--Te+Si is even less interested because it sounds too hypothetical and can't be directly related to a lot of practically useful goals.

Okay but what about all the other equally good reasons that other types have for rejecting MBTI? Like the Fi doms I've encountered who think that classifying people under various types devalues their individuality?

I'm sure I myself could think of at least 10-15 ENTJs who regularly post on this forum. If you guys think its like 3-4 and don't accept alot of the ENTJs on here as actual ENTJs then you clearly don't understand that ENTJs are not that one dimensional that they don't take up interest in things that have no empirical evidence.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Are you kidding me....or at the very least blind. My arguments were in relation to Jaguar trolling and the minions that followed. I didn't pawn anything off on ENTJs this would be the victimized perspective you are speaking about.

There are more ways to disagree than attacking the person, and btw.

One of the things I loved most when reading the book "The Art of War," was the beauty of strategy which is just NT in general. The brute force thing that jaguar does, and also attributed to ENTJs simply isn't true.

It is in my understanding that being ENTJ is more about openness, strategy, and effectiveness. When they bull doze over others it is often on an unconscious level, ultimately careless strategy.

The only other thread I could liken this response with would be this one

You may want to make note of where it was posted.

The last point being I will not be bullied into changing my type. Many wise strategists also know when they are fighting a losing battle and do not waste resources on such inconsequential matters.

If you actually don't want "brute force" thrown at you then you need to put a little more effort into how you explain your point of view. There are too many points of bullshit in your OP that anybody who uses Ni could tell where your threads are headed. What the fuck do you THINK will happen if you taunt people?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Wanna discuss TGs type? All that kinda crap split to here.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
To clarify, say I am at a party or hanging out socially. To be quiet honest I am not looking at every person as the person they are. They tend to be part of the setting, a product of the party. I will socialize and laugh but I do not give much thought as to their needs and desires beyond that point. This means that in this setting anything I say is not to be taken personal, how could it, I don't even know you. It is usually just a thought that comes out or some observation on an objective subject. This is where I stated that everyone is neutral. I don't interact with you on personal or meaningful levels out side the context. It is my idea that you are a part of the party. This analogy goes with people I meet when out and about. I do not find this odd, actually to me I always assumed this was quiet normal. I in turn do not take much of what people say or do personally because I do hold the belief that I am a mere participant of that environment for that time. If someone were to make an observation or suggestion about myself, I also take it from a neutral stand point.

I'm trying, but I don't get how this is a Te perspective. Sure, it is observing people as objects--"things" out there--but still, it's people, people, people.

But so, it is a worthy investigation point: ENTJs, what do you do at parties? And every other type, what's your party perspective?

See, Te for me is always going to see three things: you, me, and the third thing out there that we're talking about. And this is something I know from my own life, talking to other people is talking about the third thing, usually pragmatically, and usually without immediate reference to the other person's state. It's a burden sometimes, knowing that you're talking about the thing out there, the arrangement, the process, the plan, and also seeing that the person needs something else to be happy, but I don't know how the fuck to address it because I'm all about the third thing, that's my area of expertise and where I can make a contribution.

But that's an introvert's perspective. Perhaps ENTJs handle the people part of "People are just parts of a mechanistic process" aspect of the Te worldview better.

People, people, people... what are people? Te/Fi to me says they are discrete units in a system and you generally leave their internal stuff alone for them to work on by themselves, even though I know it's there.

But, TG, there is a part of your characterisation that resonates, the idea of making some judgment about what others will bring to the table, a kind of can they or can't they contribute decision.

T

ThatGirl

I'm trying, but I don't get how this is a Te perspective. Sure, it is observing people as objects--"things" out there--but still, it's people, people, people.

But so, it is a worthy investigation point: ENTJs, what do you do at parties? And every other type, what's your party perspective?

See, Te for me is always going to see three things: you, me, and the third thing out there that we're talking about. And this is something I know from my own life, talking to other people is talking about the third thing, usually pragmatically, and usually without immediate reference to the other person's state. It's a burden sometimes, knowing that you're talking about the thing out there, the arrangement, the process, the plan, and also seeing that the person needs something else to be happy, but I don't know how the fuck to address it because I'm all about the third thing, that's my area of expertise and where I can make a contribution.

But that's an introvert's perspective. Perhaps ENTJs handle the people part of "People are just parts of a mechanistic process" aspect of the Te worldview better.

People, people, people... what are people? Te/Fi to me says they are discrete units in a system and you generally leave their internal stuff alone for them to work on by themselves, even though I know it's there.

But, TG, there is a part of your characterisation that resonates, the idea of making some judgment about what others will bring to the table, a kind of can they or can't they contribute decision.

To be quiet honest I am more about the image, the environment, and the outcome of the evening. Depending on the amount of alcohol consumed, I can go from very friendly, to accidentally hitting on one of your sensitive points.

Like the night I almost got jumped by a pack of gay guys.....cause I was saying it most certainly is a choice.

I will also admit I am almost alway embarrassed when I offend someone cause everything loses its dynamic.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8

I have something I want to say, but I don't feel that you'd be able to see where I'm coming from. Thus, I will forget it since this whole issue is vastly unimportant to me, and I'd rather not argue with you because I like you. Therefore, not arguing over it is the more rational choice because I stand to gain more as measured through my own subjective appraisal.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
but I don't feel that you'd be able to see where I'm coming from.

Nice one, Risen. Where did you learn your social skills? I would like to go to the same etiquette school so I could also learn to tell people in "subtle" ways that I don't think they are incapable of understanding my glorious and vastly complex opinion.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Nice one, Risen. Where did you learn your social skills? I would like to go to the same etiquette school so I could also learn to tell people in "subtle" ways that I don't think they are incapable of understanding my glorious and vastly complex opinion.

There isn't any opinion on this issue that could possibly be more complex than even a 5 year old could understand, so no, that is not what I was saying. I just meant we likely just wont see it the same way, not that my opinion is any better than yours. That's what I meant, and I hope you see it that way. If you want me to go forth with my opinion on the matter, I can.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I knew an ENTJ pretty closely for a while. And misunderstood a number of things for a while too because I though she was similar to me in a lot of ways, and then it turned out she wasn't. Like, for what happens in public, how she dealt with crowds and other people. I *think* she amped up extroverted sensing... being with people was for play. Or, other times, she was in charge, working toward a system solution. The leadership thing was always present, of course. And I think I've seen these observations reflected in one or two ENTJs I knew less well.

But still, there is something extra that I don't know in there, something about what "people" are to an ENTJ.