User Tag List

First 891011 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 102

  1. #91
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I enjoy it when you let your Fe out here. Sometimes I think you stick to Ni+Ti because it fits the forum standards more often, and I have a feeling you appear much more F-oriented in real life...you just talk to obnoxious NTs in their own language.
    Well I'm often forced to....not that I mind.

  2. #92
    Pumpernickel
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Different types have different reasons for being more or less often interested in this stuff.

    Te needs to see a realistic external world application before accepting this sort of thing, and many ENTJs have difficulty accepting such a hypothetical system without a clearly empirical test behind it. (See every post Jaguar has ever made on type theory, for instance.)

    The ENTJs who are here are usually considering typology on an Ni basis, but as that's not the dominant function for them, Te's insistence upon quantifiable, empirical evidence usually wins out and most of them don't care. This is what I've encountered most often upon explaining typology to ENTJs--"How can I accept this without empirical evidence?"

    Note that there are even fewer ESTJs--Te+Si is even less interested because it sounds too hypothetical and can't be directly related to a lot of practically useful goals.
    Okay but what about all the other equally good reasons that other types have for rejecting MBTI? Like the Fi doms I've encountered who think that classifying people under various types devalues their individuality?

    I'm sure I myself could think of at least 10-15 ENTJs who regularly post on this forum. If you guys think its like 3-4 and don't accept alot of the ENTJs on here as actual ENTJs then you clearly don't understand that ENTJs are not that one dimensional that they don't take up interest in things that have no empirical evidence.

  3. #93
    Pumpernickel
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Are you kidding me....or at the very least blind. My arguments were in relation to Jaguar trolling and the minions that followed. I didn't pawn anything off on ENTJs this would be the victimized perspective you are speaking about.

    There are more ways to disagree than attacking the person, and btw.

    One of the things I loved most when reading the book "The Art of War," was the beauty of strategy which is just NT in general. The brute force thing that jaguar does, and also attributed to ENTJs simply isn't true.

    It is in my understanding that being ENTJ is more about openness, strategy, and effectiveness. When they bull doze over others it is often on an unconscious level, ultimately careless strategy.

    The only other thread I could liken this response with would be this one

    You may want to make note of where it was posted.

    The last point being I will not be bullied into changing my type. Many wise strategists also know when they are fighting a losing battle and do not waste resources on such inconsequential matters.
    If you actually don't want "brute force" thrown at you then you need to put a little more effort into how you explain your point of view. There are too many points of bullshit in your OP that anybody who uses Ni could tell where your threads are headed. What the fuck do you THINK will happen if you taunt people?

  4. #94
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Wanna discuss TGs type? All that kinda crap split to here.

  5. #95
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    To clarify, say I am at a party or hanging out socially. To be quiet honest I am not looking at every person as the person they are. They tend to be part of the setting, a product of the party. I will socialize and laugh but I do not give much thought as to their needs and desires beyond that point. This means that in this setting anything I say is not to be taken personal, how could it, I don't even know you. It is usually just a thought that comes out or some observation on an objective subject. This is where I stated that everyone is neutral. I don't interact with you on personal or meaningful levels out side the context. It is my idea that you are a part of the party. This analogy goes with people I meet when out and about. I do not find this odd, actually to me I always assumed this was quiet normal. I in turn do not take much of what people say or do personally because I do hold the belief that I am a mere participant of that environment for that time. If someone were to make an observation or suggestion about myself, I also take it from a neutral stand point.
    I'm trying, but I don't get how this is a Te perspective. Sure, it is observing people as objects--"things" out there--but still, it's people, people, people.

    But so, it is a worthy investigation point: ENTJs, what do you do at parties? And every other type, what's your party perspective?

    See, Te for me is always going to see three things: you, me, and the third thing out there that we're talking about. And this is something I know from my own life, talking to other people is talking about the third thing, usually pragmatically, and usually without immediate reference to the other person's state. It's a burden sometimes, knowing that you're talking about the thing out there, the arrangement, the process, the plan, and also seeing that the person needs something else to be happy, but I don't know how the fuck to address it because I'm all about the third thing, that's my area of expertise and where I can make a contribution.

    But that's an introvert's perspective. Perhaps ENTJs handle the people part of "People are just parts of a mechanistic process" aspect of the Te worldview better.

    People, people, people... what are people? Te/Fi to me says they are discrete units in a system and you generally leave their internal stuff alone for them to work on by themselves, even though I know it's there.

    But, TG, there is a part of your characterisation that resonates, the idea of making some judgment about what others will bring to the table, a kind of can they or can't they contribute decision.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

    Boy meets Grr

  6. #96
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    I'm trying, but I don't get how this is a Te perspective. Sure, it is observing people as objects--"things" out there--but still, it's people, people, people.

    But so, it is a worthy investigation point: ENTJs, what do you do at parties? And every other type, what's your party perspective?

    See, Te for me is always going to see three things: you, me, and the third thing out there that we're talking about. And this is something I know from my own life, talking to other people is talking about the third thing, usually pragmatically, and usually without immediate reference to the other person's state. It's a burden sometimes, knowing that you're talking about the thing out there, the arrangement, the process, the plan, and also seeing that the person needs something else to be happy, but I don't know how the fuck to address it because I'm all about the third thing, that's my area of expertise and where I can make a contribution.

    But that's an introvert's perspective. Perhaps ENTJs handle the people part of "People are just parts of a mechanistic process" aspect of the Te worldview better.

    People, people, people... what are people? Te/Fi to me says they are discrete units in a system and you generally leave their internal stuff alone for them to work on by themselves, even though I know it's there.

    But, TG, there is a part of your characterisation that resonates, the idea of making some judgment about what others will bring to the table, a kind of can they or can't they contribute decision.

    To be quiet honest I am more about the image, the environment, and the outcome of the evening. Depending on the amount of alcohol consumed, I can go from very friendly, to accidentally hitting on one of your sensitive points.

    Like the night I almost got jumped by a pack of gay guys.....cause I was saying it most certainly is a choice.

    I will also admit I am almost alway embarrassed when I offend someone cause everything loses its dynamic.

  7. #97
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    Dude, you are confused... there was everything wrong with TG's original post. She boldly stated (and repeated a few times) that her own perspective was that of all ENTJs. Not only is that not true, but even if she WAS an ENTJ, she has no business making that kind of claim. She is her own unique person with her own unique perspective and she should not irritate other ENTJs by telling them who they are. KTHX.
    I have something I want to say, but I don't feel that you'd be able to see where I'm coming from. Thus, I will forget it since this whole issue is vastly unimportant to me, and I'd rather not argue with you because I like you. Therefore, not arguing over it is the more rational choice because I stand to gain more as measured through my own subjective appraisal.

  8. #98
    Pumpernickel
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post

    but I don't feel that you'd be able to see where I'm coming from.
    Nice one, Risen. Where did you learn your social skills? I would like to go to the same etiquette school so I could also learn to tell people in "subtle" ways that I don't think they are incapable of understanding my glorious and vastly complex opinion.

  9. #99
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    Nice one, Risen. Where did you learn your social skills? I would like to go to the same etiquette school so I could also learn to tell people in "subtle" ways that I don't think they are incapable of understanding my glorious and vastly complex opinion.
    There isn't any opinion on this issue that could possibly be more complex than even a 5 year old could understand, so no, that is not what I was saying. I just meant we likely just wont see it the same way, not that my opinion is any better than yours. That's what I meant, and I hope you see it that way. If you want me to go forth with my opinion on the matter, I can.

  10. #100
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    I knew an ENTJ pretty closely for a while. And misunderstood a number of things for a while too because I though she was similar to me in a lot of ways, and then it turned out she wasn't. Like, for what happens in public, how she dealt with crowds and other people. I *think* she amped up extroverted sensing... being with people was for play. Or, other times, she was in charge, working toward a system solution. The leadership thing was always present, of course. And I think I've seen these observations reflected in one or two ENTJs I knew less well.

    But still, there is something extra that I don't know in there, something about what "people" are to an ENTJ.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

    Boy meets Grr

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTJ] Rant on ENTJs
    By Maverick in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 12-29-2010, 02:50 PM
  2. [MBTItm] Why the INFP male is the ideal match from an ENTJ female perspective
    By Harlow_Jem in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 10-29-2010, 07:50 PM
  3. [ENTJ] How are ENTJs intimidating?
    By Dark Razor in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 07:30 PM
  4. [ENTJ] how do you argue with an ENTJ?
    By miss fortune in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 03-08-2008, 02:57 PM
  5. [ENTJ] ENTJ's, describe yourself as children
    By Sahara in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 07:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO