User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Default ENTPs! A shiny, amazing conversation.

I'll write a fascinating limerick about each ENTP who manages to stay on topic. Because I love you that much.

How many of you, as children, were medicated for ADD? Do you think this is fair to an ENTP child, who, by definition, tends to get bored with things easily? Are you still medicated as an adult? Why/why not?

Inquiring minds...I'll hold off on stating my position until I hear from you.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I've always had ADD, but the past months it's been very prevalent. You can call it ADD, but I for one find it to be entertaining and exiting. I work on a task for a minute, skip another, try something else, come back to the first, get distracted, come to the second.

ADD is fun!

Who likes helicopters? I've always found them to be interesting, especially that Da Vinci thought of the concept in his time, then it was adapted later and proven quite effective. Even cooler are hovercrafts which are sort of like upside-down helicopters. Why not put a bunch of blades all over a vessel to allow it to fly in any direction/rotate freely? That would be something.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

MBTI
    ENTP

Not got ADD, feel that medicating chidren is seriously wrong on every level..... with the exception when child has serious issue that are preventing development, and even then I beleive opting for a dietary behavioural plan is more responcible.

Good quality stimulus, encouraging sticking with things etc are more important.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

MG you tricked me into entering this thread when you said "shiny amazing!" Shame on you!

I definitely have ADD. It sucks, and I know that if I got rid of it, I'd be a lot more successful in my endeavors. But then again, life probably wouldn't be as fun. I was never medicated, but I used to see a psychologist when I was a child because I was somewhat out of control and had a lot of trouble in the classroom.

Also, I think that ADD....OOOOH A MERMAID! Ariel was always one of my favorite Disney characters!

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Fill, I agree...I have at least 2 ADD individuals in my home, and may be a touch ADD myself. I think ADD may sometimes be code for, "The world's not smart enough to keep up with me".

Why not put a bunch of blades all over a vessel to allow it to fly in any direction/rotate freely? That would be something.
    That's something my flight nut spouse could answer.

Tinkerbell..YES. I tend to agree with your opinion. I do think there are some instances when a child could benefit from medication, but, as it is, meds are handed out like candy. My thoughts are, some children will ALWAYS be ENTP (or what have you). If they don't learn and develop as fully themselves, what kind of confusion/stress will that set them up for later in life? I agree that diet is helpful, as well as putting children into environments where they aren't set up to fail (ie: a boring indoor desk all day long, with rows of writing to do).

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I was not medicated for anything. Heck why would they?
    In Germany for one it is not very common to medicate children anyways.
    And I don't see the need to do it either.
    When I was a child I lived next door to the woods.
    Literally, I just had to step out of our front door, cross the street and was standing in the woods. We had about 20 kids in the two streets up there and where never inside.
    There was just no opportunity to even show symptoms of ADD as we were running outdoors all the time.

Today as a grown up I take very seldom meds at all. Only when my head is really short before exploding into pieces I will take a pill against that. Apart from that... nothing.

And I don't think it is fair to any child to medicate them and try to change their behaviour and their self artifically. I think people today just want the easy route on anything.

Oh my kid won't sleep, let's give him a sleeping pill.
    Oh my kid is screaming, where is the duct tape?
    Oh my kid is interested in something new every day as he discovers the world, stop him by feeding meds.

Seriously, parents should start again to be interested in what their kids do, and not park them in front of the TV starting when they learn to sit.
    By choosing to have a child you also choose responsibility for it and this does mean you will have to make sacrifices to your own life. That is how it goes. If you can't stand it don't opt for a child.
    When I get sad I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Video Challenge Question Video
    Race: Werepire
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    7w8 sx>so>sp
    Give me an E! E
    Give me a N! N
    Give me a T! T
    Give me a P! P
    What's that? Yeah right, that's me!

Always expect the unexpected! - Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTP

ENTP's are often misdiagnosed as being ADHD. I actually don't think ADHD exists except as a particular description for a state of mind.

I think this misdiagnosis is due to a misunderstanding with how we relate to the world, taking in information in a torrential fashion. All EXXP's probably seem ADHD.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

teslashock- for your trouble :

[youtube="TqI7cGM9mWs"] Sparkly, shiny goodness![/youtube]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    teslashock- for your trouble :

[youtube="TqI7cGM9mWs"] Sparkly, shiny goodness![/youtube]
    Ah, yes. That's more like it.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Fluxkom and Synarch, I absolutely agree.