• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Advice for NTs: Handling the types

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Alright buckos! Strap yourselves in, keep your arms and legs inside the Jalopy as we head out on our TypeC Safari! As with any dangerous animals, information is your best ally. Heed the warnings, and you might make it out alive!!!

ENFP - At some point, this smiling, energetic and mischievous creature is going to hug you. Don't be alarmed, and don't think that it's trying to strangle you. High hug threat level.

INTP - This type is best known for throwing out random facts they can't believe you don't know about yet. Your best defence is to listen and nod, because they are going to spend a lot of time talking about something they find incredibly interesting.

ESTJ - This type really only has two speeds. The fast-paced-everything-must-be-done-asap-go-go-go and the sleeping lazy speed. Neither slow the ESTJ down when they are moving fast, nor attempt to quicken a lazy slow ESTJ. Please trust us.

INFP - Sweet, caring, adorable and extremely morbid. Like watching small children tear apart a carcass to add bones to the macaroni art they are making for their grandparents. Approach with caution, avoid making eye contact if not planning on approaching.

More to follow....

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
ISFP - ISFPs can be initially very hard to spot, until you remember that they're most often found inside of mascot costumes. A warm, cuddly, friendly bunch; as long as you smile [don't show any teeth, it's a threat] you should be able to get along with them just fine.

ISTP - ISTPs are known for their abnormally high rate of spontaneous combustion, so it's best to approach only if they notice you're around, lest you set them off. If an ISTP expresses interest in something you have, give it to them immediately, even if it's one of your own body parts.

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
ENFJ - After luring you into a sense of security with their amazing emotional support, they are going to question every single life decision you have ever made. To decrease the length of this discussion, use a red herring or just start crying and have an emotional breakdown. Otherwise, bring some real insight to the table and don't forget they need your support too. Relationships with this type will be greatly improved by making dialogue a two-way rather than a counsellor-patient experience.

ESTP - Have you ever seen the movie UP? If so, do you know the character Doug? We recommend this piece of pop culture for your preparation into dealing with ESTPs. Word of advice.... bring a ball that bounces!

INTJ - One of my favourite species, INTJs are highly specific, evolved, motivated somethings. If you intend on challenging one, be able to back up your claims. Be substantial. If you can, go for their soft underbelly of Fi. Scratch counterclockwise, repeat.

ISFJ - These are the kindest, most giving people you might even meet. We recommend you make a planned visit to them, and acknowledge them for everything they do. Appreciate them, and don't let them sucker you into talking about yourself. Invite them over for dinner or tea, and be sure to follow through on your plans!

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
ISTP - My observations of this type will require supplementation... I spend too much time drooling when I am around them to analyze anything besides their fine selves.

ENTJ - Loyal to a fault, this type has a bad rap. Have your own opinions and approach this type at any time for conversations or debates. You will learn a lot, and gain a great friend. Don't take anything too personally, and be prepared for large amounts of sarcasm.

ISTJ - Some of my best cooperative work has been with ISTJs. They also have a bad rap. When on the Safari, engage them to find faults in your plans, evidence to support arguments and enjoy their delightful sense of humour. They live in the world of here and now, and they are marvellous at it.

INFJ - This type is a complete contradiction. Outgoing and shy, self-centred and people focussed, insane and together, passionate and apathetic, incredible and terrible. You have to approach them with the same strategy they approach their lives: Either all or nothing at all. Your life certainly will never be the same if you do.

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
ISFP - They hear me coming from miles away and tend to avoid... No information at this point.

ESFJ - Insane. In all the best ways. Bring some music, and be prepared to dance your butts of with them. Hug threat medium, but fun threat extremely high!!!!

ESFP - Bring a camera that allows for slow motion playback. No, you do not need to have your eyes or hearing checked. They really do move that fast.

ENTP - 89% full of shit. But they mean every word of it. Prepare for a Cheshire Cat experience!

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ESTPs: They will jump around you, pull you into things without you realising it and you will experience fun with them even if you just stand there. Unfortunately it would also mean you may be pulled into their problems too. Watch carefully what they are doing because if you don't you may end up in a sticky situation.

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
ISTP - ISTPs are known for their abnormally high rate of spontaneous combustion, so it's best to approach only if they notice you're around, lest you set them off. If an ISTP expresses interest in something you have, give it to them immediately, even if it's one of your own body parts.

This explains a lot...... ;)

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
ENFJ - After luring you into a sense of security with their amazing emotional support, they are going to question every single life decision you have ever made.

That's terrible observation! Terribly true...:doh: Just put me in my place...I will repect you...afterall I just want to make you happy :hug:

ISTP - My observations of this type will require supplementation... I spend too much time drooling when I am around them to analyze anything besides their fine selves.

Oh so true...I love me some ISTPs :wubbie::nice:

INFJ - This type is a complete contradiction. Outgoing and shy, self-centred and people focussed, insane and together, passionate and apathetic, incredible and terrible. You have to approach them with the same strategy they approach their lives: Either all or nothing at all. Your life certainly will never be the same if you do.

The hardest people I have ever tried to deconstruct in my life were INFJ's. You should have seen the mess it made on my floor. :thinking:

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
The hardest people I have ever tried to deconstruct in my life were INFJ's. You should have seen the mess it made on my floor. :thinking:

la-tomatina-food-fight.jpg

P

Phantonym

:laugh: I like this description and the advice how to handle INFJs. We don't mean to be a contradiction. We just are what we are. :)

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
ENFP - At some point, this smiling, energetic and mischievous creature is going to hug you. Don't be alarmed, and don't think that it's trying to strangle you. High hug threat level.

TEEHEE! For some reasons, I/ENTPs especially are very huggable to me. I love them. And it's true, don't be alarmed. Hugs are just usually an ENFP's way (or maybe just my way) of saying 'Hey, you're really fun to be around, I really like you and you make me happy'.. Which, is a good thing, right? :D Embrace it!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For ENFPs and ISFPs: Beware the underlying Fi. If ENFP either leaps to attack or ISFP suddenly digs in, both of them in ways that don't seem to be rationally supportable, smooth things over and retreat because plunging ahead or digging in yourself will result in a war that cannot be won.

InfiniteIntrigue

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp
INTJ - One of my favourite species, INTJs are highly specific, evolved, motivated somethings. If you intend on challenging one, be able to back up your claims. Be substantial. If you can, go for their soft underbelly of Fi. Scratch counterclockwise, repeat.

This is a must. :]

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Behind the ears works pretty well too. Or any kind of head/hair stroking/pulling/massaging.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
ISFP - ISFPs can be initially very hard to spot, until you remember that they're most often found inside of mascot costumes. A warm, cuddly, friendly bunch; as long as you smile [don't show any teeth, it's a threat] you should be able to get along with them just fine.

SayNo-Furries.jpg

bookgerm

MBTI Type
INTP
INTP - This type is best known for throwing out random facts they can't believe you don't know about yet. Your best defence is to listen and nod, because they are going to spend a lot of time talking about something they find incredibly interesting.

I usually throw random facts I do believe they don't know about yet, but think they'll find interesting, too......but it usually shows when the person is only faking the interest; if I were ENTP, the simply nodding and listening might be enough to make me happy because they're probably happier with people who listen while they talk, but as an I, I prefer for them to talk back while I nod in agreement to their agreement with me ;) I'd appreciate it more if they told me exactly what it is they don't find interesting in something I personally think is so incredibly interesting.

Dooraven

MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w6
I usually throw random facts I do believe they don't know about yet, but think they'll find interesting, too......but it usually shows when the person is only faking the interest; if I were ENTP, the simply nodding and listening might be enough to make me happy because they're probably happier with people who listen while they talk, but as an I, I prefer for them to talk back while I nod in agreement to their agreement with me ;) I'd appreciate it more if they told me exactly what it is they don't find interesting in something I personally think is so incredibly interesting.

Completely and Overwhelmingly agree with this post.

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
INFP - Sweet, caring, adorable and extremely morbid. Like watching small children tear apart a carcass to add bones to the macaroni art they are making for their grandparents. Approach with caution, avoid making eye contact if not planning on approaching.

And if approaching, wear the appropriate protective garments. It could get messy.

:emot-emo: