User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/

Ironically, for a thread about socializing, this is among the most Ti extensive. It's starting to mock itself, actually. Sorry for the sarcasm.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    This was from a while ago, but I still think it's relevant. I do find Ti and Fe impossible to use together, but I think Fe doms have an easier time with Ti than vice versa.
    i think you can use them to understand what Fe will accomplish. Ti is part of the process that makes Fe refine itself, get smarter, learn how to play/sell itself better, etc.

Ti by nature is cynical (dictionary says captious, peevish, and distrustful), it has its own project of figuring out how shit works. it is so analytical, it will remove many of the layers and veils and judgments of others, will internally criticize them, will apply different strategies to this process, etc. so it can find a lot of ways in which it thinks the other person, the situation, the whole world is wrong. Ne just helps loosen this up, makes it more fun, situates it in a better way. it doesn't have to be teh whole of you or of the situation or of your life and of your self/part/way of participating. but it absolutely is a huge part of whatever it is you contribute.

also, in honor of Ti, i'd like to clarify that Ti is far more geek more than nerd. Ti cosmology begins with arrogance, out of which all things emanate (only i know the real ______).

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/

Some basic socializing guide for Ti dominant peeps. I wanted to post this weeks ago but I just don't have the time.

1. I know you wanna give others the benefit of the doubt, but the truth is, other people may not be as smart as you. Learn to tone down your rhetoric. True enough, others could be dumber. (something that other "smarter" archetypes, especially INFPs, should also learn)

2. Let your Ne explore areas that need not be intellectual, e.g., pop culture. Pop culture need not always be dumb. There's enough areas there to tickle your intellectualizing Ti. It's a better ground of conversation than let's say, Philosophy or Religion. You can use this as an initiating point in conversing with other people. In other areas, NTPs may not be able to relate to, e.g., career planning, household chores, etc. Pop culture is a viable common ground.

3. I do consider myself an ENTP, and honestly, socializing isn't a perfect fit for me. I feel like the most introverted extrovert or the most extroverted introvert. I feel stuck somewhere in between. And I think a lot of ENTPs can attest to this. There are types that I prefer interacting with more than the other e.g., ENTPs, healthy INTPs, ENFJs, INFJs, INFPs. Though seriously, if I'm in a social circle of these types, it may feel a bit awkward, even if I actually like them. It doesn't feel that much of a legit socializing to me.

4. Really, I do admit that socializing is an SF thing, and I have to make certain compromises. Though experience-wise, ESFJs aren't always the stereotypical nagging bitches, and ESFPs the reckless party girls, as portrayed in MBTI forums. There are accomodating (very) people from these types (a strong tertiary N perhaps). Even if they may think you're quirky, they do accept you.

Will post more later.