First 1234 Last

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    They have a dual, complementary nature. Fe extraverts in some direction and Ti focuses on and analyzes (although, as some have pointed out, you can't spell analyze without anal) and interprets the outside experience. Either element would naturally retreat into its own realm and not consider input from the other, causing imbalance. Together, you can think of them together as constantly in a game of stepping forward and backwards. Master how to balance them perfectly, and you can dance.

(forgive the use of second person above)
    Okay, I guess that sounded more possible. Though I think one would need a set of procedures that can be used to direct and reshape Fe.
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Heinel View Post
    Okay, I guess that sounded more possible. Though I think one would need a set of procedures that can be used to direct and reshape Fe.
    You're perfectly free to expand. We wouldn't want things biased to my personal brands of Ti and Fe.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    You're perfectly free to expand. We wouldn't want things biased to my personal brands of Ti and Fe.
    Well, I really am not sure how one could have Ti and Fe run concurrently. The only way I can see it happening is if you switch between the two for each decision. One problem I have with Fe is that I can get carried away, so there has to be some way to restrain it when it gets out of hand... That's the biggest problem for me, anyway.
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Heinel View Post
    Well, I really am not sure how one could have Ti and Fe run concurrently. The only way I can see it happening is if you switch between the two for each decision. One problem I have with Fe is that I can get carried away, so there has to be some way to restrain it when it gets out of hand... That's the biggest problem for me, anyway.
    Hence why I said "A development of Fe equal in maturity, but subservient, to Ti." Fe is needed in the same capacity as Ti, but Ti must remain king. And I'm quite sure you can switch between cognitive functions in much the same way you can switch moods. It's a pattern of thought that comprises the cognitive functions. Thought patterns can be changed, on the fly. It just requires a type of feedback and learning.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I've been alive for 20 years.
    I love that opening, but I have never seen someone using it before.

I didnt read the rest, but I meant no disrespect, I am just beyond 8 beer bottles and writing is more fun thatn reading.

Just wanted to say, whatever you said in that long text, the pervert entp got your back
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/

Basic social advice an ESFJ told me once--keep things light. I hope most here would get a sense of epiphany from that. Lol!

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Cypocalypse View Post
    Basic social advice an ESFJ told me once--keep things light. I hope most here would get a sense of epiphany from that. Lol!
    I was aware of this fact already.

It's most depressing. I wish I could enjoy small talk, as it must be such a relaxing form of entertainment.

OP's post was enjoyable to read. I often think along the same lines. Some people seem to love me, others seem to find me dull. I have mastered the "interested listener" approach, but that doesnt help when the other person is boring or reserved. The difficulty seems to be communicating my interests to draw other people in.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Nancynobullets View Post
    I was aware of this fact already.

It's most depressing. I wish I could enjoy small talk, as it must be such a relaxing form of entertainment.
    That's why xNTPs tend to get funnier as they get older - making humor out of small talk is really the only way we keep engaged in the conversation.

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    That's why xNTPs tend to get funnier as they get older - making humor out of small talk is really the only way we keep engaged in the conversation.
    That holds truth for me now. If I have nothing relevant to add to the conversation but feel obligued in keeping with the small talk, I just point out a comical observation. Next task for me: Learn how to engage in small talk without resorting to stupid jokes - it can soon become tiresome.
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    That holds truth for me now. If I have nothing relevant to add to the conversation but feel obligued in keeping with the small talk, I just point out a comical observation. Next task for me: Learn how to engage in small talk without resorting to stupid jokes - it can soon become tiresome.
    Hate to say it, but I don't think that's ever going to happen. It's just too draining on our psychological energy stores. Still, if jokes are tiresome, "what if" questions make a perfectly valid substitute. You just have to make sure they're not too off the wall