• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs how do you use your Se?

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm curious as it occured to me recently that at times It seems well developed and at others very undeveloped.

For Example:

Dress sense. I buy clothes all the time think alot (for an N) about what I wear and I've been told lots that I have a cool - but quirky - sense of fashion.
Yet I never do anything with my hair! (kinda hard to with double crowned wavey/curly hair!)
And I never really work out other than cycling and walking.
Sort of double standards on appearance!

How do you guys use your Se?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Mmm...ice cream! :drool:

I don't put much thought into my appearance. The rare times that I go clothes shopping I just quickly buy stuff on sale that has a decent appearance. At least half of my clothes were probably given to me. I get a haircut whenever my hair gets way too long (mostly just for maintenance), and never do anything with it beyond that. I work out mostly for health reasons, though I've noticed that it has a side effect of improving my appearance. Generally me and sensing don't go well together, so I don't do much in the sensing area.

dylate

MBTI Type
ENTP
I do a little web and graphic design, I guess that uses a lil Se?

dylate

MBTI Type
ENTP
off-topic, but is it me or do alot of the threads on this site deal with ENTPs?

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Take risks.

Live life in the edge.
Travel to new places without plan.
Bunjijumping, skydiving, swordfighting, martial arts etc.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I get reminded occassionally that I dont use Se, when my girlfriend comes up with ideas like freeclimbing, helicopter flieing or motorcycle racing.

As I said already at another point, my idea of an adventure is to sprinkle some salt in some lukewarm water :D

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Like a true shadow... somehow, I use that Se, because my Si is filled with experiences and memories to link to. I remember things that I didn't notice at the moment they occured.
I enjoy the future and the past. The present? Which present?
Sometimes I'm annoyed at this - like, why can't I enjoy anything without all sorts of ideas and memories flitting through my head...

But then again, there are sausages with apple sauce! Yes, I do have a Se!!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
hmmm... I'm a klutz with no fashion sense when it comes to dressing (and I HATE shopping for clothing and shoes!) but I generally have a good haircut

My Se comes out in my love of cooking and food- I can spend hours on a meal if I'm having fun and tasting all of the results along the way :)

That and a very good sense of touch that is fun to use ;)

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
From the serious answers it seems most of us have little parts of well developed Se but all of us have different parts developed!

I wonder why that is?

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Since when does Se=fashion sense?

I've been told I have a good fashion sense for a guy.

Actually, I was told that by an ENTP girl who everyone is jealous of for being so stylish.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Se = paying attention to details... I guess fashion sense makes part of it. I'm quite happy my Se doesn't trouble herself with that.
I hate shopping and spending time on how I look. Nevertheless, I'm quite able to make myself nice looking without a lot of effort...

Another Se thing... I love looking at the sea and the beach, especially when it's pouring rain... there are all sorts of little streams twisting and turning and making terraces and hills... they make a fantasy landscape where little trees would grow and fortresses built and people navigating on rivers and canals, transporting trade goods...
Wait. :thinking: I guess this is Ne again, somewhere from the fantasy landscape on :doh:

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
The best way to develop good Se is to go fight in a war.
Immediate feedback from near death experiences will sharpen your mind.

Or do crazy things people do in hollywood movies, like crashing your car, jumping off buildings, start explosions.

proximo

I don't think I really use it very much at all, except for very primitive functions... I'm not even sure if I use it for driving, it doesn't feel to me as though I am, but I get along more than fine (I drive competitively on tracks sometimes and do pretty well).

I'll echo the one that said they get frustrated at how they just can't engage in the present. I'm sort of never "here" really... I have to really try to be, and it's so much effort that it's difficult to enjoy anything about it.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
when i get drunk and touchy feely

other than that...no idea

thrill situations like bungee jumping and going thru a haunted house, NeTi takes over and reasons out the fear. it becomes about controlling an uncontrollable situation. mastery over what cannot be mastered

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
when i get drunk and touchy feely

other than that...no idea

thrill situations like bungee jumping and going thru a haunted house, NeTi takes over and reasons out the fear. it becomes about controlling an uncontrollable situation. mastery over what cannot be mastered

Exactly. Or twisting the perception to objectivity or excitement. I see it more as a challenge than a thrill.

epp

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I have no sense of fashion and I don't care either. but I have my own sense of style for both clothes and hairstyle. I have my ideas that I have in mind and a good seamstress and hairdresser who actually get my vague explanations :p . I've also noticed I tend to wear clothes and hairstyles that come to fashion 2-3 years later.

now that I was writing it down it occurred to me I might be talking about Ne after all?

as for being in present moment... I've done meditation, yoga and taiji for years and "staying in the moment" and "sensing the world" is one part of those practices. so, getting to present moment is quite easy when I "turn it on". but it has been the most difficult part for me to learn.

edit:
oh, I've also noticed being "in the moment" comes naturally when having sex :devil: