User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

Results 131 to 140 of 167

  1. #131
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I disagree with the premise that feelings donít matter. Logic dictates that because so many humans are feelers that in a human society feelings and how they motivate do matter. Were Ts differ is that they often find feelings of lesser value than thought/logic in our hierarchy of values.
    I disagree with TB in that I see intuition less of a feeling and more of a sense or inner sensation. Often look at intuition, especially in NTs as logic which is compressed and below the radar. Although my intuition is not 100 percent accurate, I would say its at least in the 90s (except as to Sensory specific guesses/estimations i.e. driving directions)
    I know that N can be a subconcious type of of top slicing of information, but it's channed through as a feeling (perhaps not emotion).

    Maybe F types have a higherly attuned capability of decision making with humans....

  2. #132
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    This all sounds like you spend in order to project an image of wealth/laviciouness etc... for your benefit or the view sof your friends? DO you spend heavily on food you consume indoors?
    I just like good food, and trying new kinds of food that I've never had before. I like an alcohol buzz. I enjoy spending time with my friends. I like going to places I've never been. I care about image only so far as "I don't want to disrespect you by looking like a schlep or a cheap-ass".

    I'm not big on home funrnishign, don't get me wrong I like to be in nice spaces, but I'll never be an interior deisnger. maybe an ENTP thing... I beleive we are suppose to sulk at things like that
    Meh, more important things to do.

  3. #133
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    OMT - I'm sure you get my gist, there are things you are not consious off that are not rationallty derived that you psot rationalise in order to suit your consious brain.

    Things you do to satisfy your inner critic that type of thing

  4. #134
    Junior Member Oklahoma86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Purchases may not be the best example of post rationalizing. I tend to research the hell out of practically everything I buy. If you do buy something on a whim, that doesn't have to be attributed to emotions. Cant someone buy something purely by chance? Cant it simply be random? I try new foods and products all time but i don't think its driven by emotion. Like OMT suggested, trying something new has value in and of itself.

    But yea TB i get what your saying. Deeper emotions could be at work. Even when they are exposed, I still cant explain them or understand them.

  5. #135
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    I know that N can be a subconcious type of of top slicing of information, but it's channed through as a feeling (perhaps not emotion).

    Maybe F types have a higherly attuned capability of decision making with humans....
    You might be conflating what the common connotation of "intuition" is with the Jungian function "intuition". For example, a "woman's intuition" is hardly intuitive; it's a pretty strong evocation of Si. On the other hand, Jungian intuition means that the brain interprets sensory information as discrete parts as opposed to a concrete whole.

    So,
    Ne takes those discrete parts and handles them as they come, processed under whatever the judging function is (with Ti, trying to make those parts fit a logical whole, while with Fi, trying to categorize them according to normative determinations).

    Ni takes those discrete parts and deconstructs them into further components, which are then reassembled by the judging function (with Te, attempting to create a different logical regimen from the same components, while with Fe, trying to understand how those components would work at various points within the social structure)

    This is opposed to Se, which uses the entire block of sensory information, to either make a logical judgment (Ti) or normative determination (Fi), and Si, which deconstructs the entire block into what is most important based on that which has previously worked (Te) or what works within the social structure (Fe).

  6. #136
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    OMT - I'm sure you get my gist, there are things you are not consious off that are not rationallty derived that you psot rationalise in order to suit your consious brain.

    Things you do to satisfy your inner critic that type of thing
    I understand what you're saying, I'm just saying that less subconscious than you think. I'll actively recognize when I'm being irrational, and leave it at that. Just part of the human experience.

    Also, I've been repeatedly kicking my inner critic in the balls because he really doesn't help anything. The joys of meditation...

  7. #137
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    You might be conflating what the common connotation of "intuition" is with the Jungian function "intuition". For example, a "woman's intuition" is hardly intuitive; it's a pretty strong evocation of Si. On the other hand, Jungian intuition means that the brain interprets sensory information as discrete parts as opposed to a concrete whole.

    So,
    Ne takes those discrete parts and handles them as they come, processed under whatever the judging function is (with Ti, trying to make those parts fit a logical whole, while with Fi, trying to categorize them according to normative determinations).

    Ni takes those discrete parts and deconstructs them into further components, which are then reassembled by the judging function (with Te, attempting to create a different logical regimen from the same components, while with Fe, trying to understand how those components would work at various points within the social structure)

    This is opposed to Se, which uses the entire block of sensory information, to either make a logical judgment (Ti) or normative determination (Fi), and Si, which deconstructs the entire block into what is most important based on that which has previously worked (Te) or what works within the social structure (Fe).
    I was trying to differentiate between the two... I guess the women stuff is really hunches..

    I saw your other reply... check out your day to day stuff and see if all of it stacks up rationally... bet you it doesn't.

    Women hold the phone to their right ear, Men to the left....

  8. #138
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    I saw your other reply... check out your day to day stuff and see if all of it stacks up rationally... bet you it doesn't.
    Once again, even if this is the case, is it useful to even notice, or is it just a funny bit of trivia? It makes sense that my brain will take shortcuts on certain things, because there's just not enough time nor enough in the way of resources to commit to full cognitive processing of every decision point throughout the day.

    Even if a decision is made because a person wants to project an image, that's not necessarily emotionally driven - that person could just simply think "well, if I look like this, then other people will think this". Even those situations where a decision is made because something doesn't "seem right", that's not necessarily emotional. Rather, the logical reasoning may have happened on the fly (NeTi) and there's no time nor purpose in analyzing the logical pathway.

  9. #139
    Senior Member Valuable_Money's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    681

    Default



    Emotions run deep within our type, in many ways more deeply than in NFs.
    Logic offers us a serenity feelers seldom experience, the control of feelings so that they do not control you.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

  10. #140
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma86 View Post
    My career path, for example, was chosen based on strong feelings about public policy and the role of government.
    Tertiary Fi.

Similar Threads

  1. [Fi] I don't know why I'm feeling sad,
    By DigitalMethod in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 04-22-2013, 11:13 PM
  2. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 11-12-2008, 07:54 AM
  3. Why don't people "get" you?
    By Sunshine in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 09-19-2008, 04:25 AM
  4. Why don't women faint anymore?
    By Mort Belfry in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 10:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO