User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 167

  1. #121
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by human101 View Post
    emotions are part of being human we can't escape them but NT's just have a lot more control over them than other types, I scored 100% thinking which is nothing to be proud of on mbti but im far from a robot, I think the N is what makes us actually seem more unemotional it diverts our attention from every day life and situations
    Repression doesn't equal control... actually I'd say F types deal with their emotions a lot better, they are open to, live through and adress them better - IMO. I have an NF bro who I wish I was more like

  2. #122
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Oklahoma86 and OMT

    I am not trying to bug you/challenge your perceptions of your own emotional states, I know NTs generally struggle with their emotional side includign myself.... I am just point out that there is more going on than meets the eye.

    You can see my thinking I'm sure

  3. #123
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    It's interesting, because I suspect they are a lot more ingrained than you think... why do you buy the laundry detergent (if it's smell it's about your mama), why do you buy the toothpaste brand, why do you buy so many different every day purchase... almost all your brand loyalty comes from emotional affintity not rationality... infact you will stick with a brand that is pissing you off because of emotional reasonance at a subconsious level
    No brand loyalty here - I stick with something until I have a reason not to (either a competitor that has something different that I'm looking for, or financial constraints). I used to have a twinge of the brand tribalism, but figured out that it was ultimately detrimental to my pocketbook. Same thing with the whole "cheaper is better" thing - it's much better off to run the numbers real quickly and come up with a vague estimate of what the real cost of something is than automatically buy the cheapest product.

  4. #124
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Oklahoma86 and OMT

    I am not trying to bug you/challenge your perceptions of your own emotional states, I know NTs generally struggle with their emotional side includign myself.... I am just point out that there is more going on than meets the eye.

    You can see my thinking I'm sure
    I think some people interpret certain cognitive processes in an emotional fashion, while others do not. Both are correct in their ascertainment of those processes.

  5. #125
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    No brand loyalty here - I stick with something until I have a reason not to (either a competitor that has something different that I'm looking for, or financial constraints). I used to have a twinge of the brand tribalism, but figured out that it was ultimately detrimental to my pocketbook. Same thing with the whole "cheaper is better" thing - it's much better off to run the numbers real quickly and come up with a vague estimate of what the real cost of something is than automatically buy the cheapest product.
    Blokes are SO much better and beign brand diloyal...

    Ok things unessesary products you by (not branded)... what do you by not because you NEED it...

  6. #126
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Blokes are SO much better and beign brand diloyal...

    Ok things unessesary products you by (not branded)... what do you by not because you NEED it...
    If I splurge on anything, it's good food and drink (which I do tend to splurge on extravagantly), going out at night, or traveling to visit friends.

    I do not tend to spend a lot of money on "possessions". For example, I haven't ever decorated my bedroom, so to speak. I'm perfectly fine with it remaining as it came, as long as I have a soft and warm place to sleep in there. I could decorate just fine if I gave a damn; however, what's the point, really?

  7. #127
    Ghost Monkey Soul Vizconde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    I disagree with the premise that feelings donít matter. Logic dictates that because so many humans are feelers that in a human society feelings and how they motivate do matter. Where Ts differ is that they often find feelings of lesser value than thought/logic in our hierarchy of values.
    I disagree with TB in that I see intuition less of a feeling and more of a sense or inner sensation. Often look at intuition, especially in NTs as logic which is compressed and below the radar. Although my intuition is not 100 percent accurate, I would say its at least in the 90s (except as to Sensory specific guesses/estimations i.e. driving directions). As to how I experiance emotions, when I do I feel either they have little effect on me or if the timing is bad/good they take over and cause chaos or drama...and although not too often but occasioonally...the sulime.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

  8. #128
    Junior Member Oklahoma86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Things that we buy that we don't NEED? I cant go without those clean and clear oil absorbing sheets. I literally panic if I don't have a pack of them with me at all times. Does that count? lol

  9. #129
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    If I splurge on anything, it's good food and drink (which I do tend to splurge on extravagantly), going out at night, or traveling to visit friends.

    I do not tend to spend a lot of money on "possessions". For example, I haven't ever decorated my bedroom, so to speak. I'm perfectly fine with it remaining as it came, as long as I have a soft and warm place to sleep in there. I could decorate just fine if I gave a damn; however, what's the point, really?
    This all sounds like you spend in order to project an image of wealth/laviciouness etc... for your benefit or the view sof your friends? DO you spend heavily on food you consume indoors?

    I'm not big on home funrnishign, don't get me wrong I like to be in nice spaces, but I'll never be an interior deisnger. maybe an ENTP thing... I beleive we are suppose to sulk at things like that

  10. #130
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    Hell, I thought T vs. F just had to do with the way one ultimately makes decisions.

    Feelers don't actually have more feelings, they're just more likely to make a decision based upon how and/or what they feel.

Similar Threads

  1. [Fi] I don't know why I'm feeling sad,
    By DigitalMethod in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 04-22-2013, 11:13 PM
  2. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 11-12-2008, 07:54 AM
  3. Why don't people "get" you?
    By Sunshine in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 09-19-2008, 04:25 AM
  4. Why don't women faint anymore?
    By Mort Belfry in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 10:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO