User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    It's more of a tickly sort of thing - like "wait a sec, that's funny". If it strengthens, it becomes more of a nagging thing. However, it usually doesn't even get to that point, since Ti's taken over and is trying to assemble the pieces together to make sense.

Mind you, this all seems very linear when it is occurring.

Ever ignored the feeling? Intuition is emotional, and actually I beleive it taps into one subconsious. Do you think your intuition is useful? I'm sure there will now be a shower of post saying N isn't emotional

I've been doing hyponotherapy, and realise I do a lot fo self hypnoisis that is abotu tapping into my subconsious....

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Ever ignored the feeling? Intuition is emotional, and actually I beleive it taps into one subconsious. Do you think your intuition is useful? I'm sure there will now be a shower of post saying N isn't emotional

I've been doing hyponotherapy, and realise I do a lot fo self hypnoisis that is abotu tapping into my subconsious....
    N does have emotion but wouldn't it be different for T's and F's, I think T's feel strongly about ideas and F's feel strongly about people and situations

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Might be a male vs. female thing. Intuition isn't emotional for me at all - it's just a instinctive "pull" toward assembling seemingly disparate factors together in order to make a cohesive, logical relationship. It's the part that wonders why things are the way they are, while Ti is the part that demands answers.

Sure, I'll ignore it when the situation demands it (Ti+Fe and all). This is very frustrating, however, but not in an emotional sense. It's more akin to having an itch on that part of your back that you just can't reach.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by human101 View Post
    N does have emotion but wouldn't it be different for T's and F's, I think T's feel strongly about ideas and F's feel strongly about people and situations
    I think I'm more F than other T's or I'm just more honest about my F-ness... I feel very strongly about people and situations if they are peronalised or if there is a cause (don't get me started), but less so about every day run of the mill stuff.

I'm less feeling about ideas, they energies me but I don't FEEL them

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Might be a male vs. female thing. Intuition isn't emotional for me at all - it's just a instinctive "pull" toward assembling seemingly disparate factors together in order to make a cohesive, logical relationship. It's the part that wonders why things are the way they are, while Ti is the part that demands answers.

Sure, I'll ignore it when the situation demands it (Ti+Fe and all). This is very frustrating, however, but not in an emotional sense. It's more akin to having an itch on that part of your back that you just can't reach.
    Maybe it is a gender thing.... I'd see my instinctive pull as being an emotional responce, which is really deep rooted

Yes the frustration is a type of anxiety which is a type of emotion... LOL I may be clutching at straws... it may also be an issue of semantics.

The big question then is how do you experience your emotions?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I don't think its a matter of honesty concerning our F-ness. It could be a matter of understanding. For a lot of Ts our feelings just don't make sense. (for me that's the case anyway) We could be attributing a response to reason when it is really a response to emotion. Because we don't recognize our own emotions in a clear way.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

I think I'm more F than other T's or I'm just more honest about my F-ness... I feel very strongly about people and situations if they are peronalised or if there is a cause (don't get me started), but less so about every day run of the mill stuff.

I'm less feeling about ideas, they energies me but I don't FEEL them
    emotions are part of being human we can't escape them but NT's just have a lot more control over them than other types, I scored 100% thinking which is nothing to be proud of on mbti but im far from a robot, I think the N is what makes us actually seem more unemotional it diverts our attention from every day life and situations

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma86 View Post
    I don't think its a matter of honesty concerning our F-ness. It could be a matter of understanding. For a lot of Ts our feelings just don't make sense. (for me that's the case anyway) We could be attributing a response to reason when it is really a response to emotion. Because we don't recognize our own emotions in a clear way.
    Don't get me wrong I am not say I dont' suffer from texactly the same attributation issue at time, but I guess I own my emotionalness more - possibly because I recognise it.

Maybe it's an articulation thing too.

It's interesting, because I suspect they are a lot more ingrained than you think... why do you buy the laundry detergent (if it's smell it's about your mama), why do you buy the toothpaste brand, why do you buy so many different every day purchase... almost all your brand loyalty comes from emotional affintity not rationality... infact you will stick with a brand that is pissing you off because of emotional reasonance at a subconsious level

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I don't know how I experience my emotions!
    They just don't make any sense! lol

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

You might not believe it, but I generally have to think myself there. NeTi myself to Fe, so to speak.

I understand the pull to be less emotional than just a logical consequence of how my brain works, absent any other significance, emotional or otherwise. It's just how I work. Emotions are usually reactions to situations, as opposed to being causative in any way. For example, figuring something out how something works will bring great euphoria, but I interpret that as more a reward for figuring something out by getting that hit of dopamine than part of the cognitive process itself.