First 345

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by theaferist View Post

What is your opinion about male and female ''only friends'' kind of relationship and why and do you try to avoid that?
    i can only do it if i'm not sexually attracted to the guy. i have several friends like this and it's been working just fine for several years. if i'm secretly thinking about getting in his pants then it's not an option mainly because i can't keep secrets

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    Not quite the point I was going to make. I was more trying to hit at the point that sometimes setting strict boundaries can limit a relationship more than said boundaries were initially designed to.
    The point I am making is some men have the inability to see women as anything but potential sexual/romantic partners. What makes a woman different from a man for platonic friendship if there is no physical attraction to get in the way?
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    The point I am making is some men have the inability to see women as anything but potential sexual/romantic partners. What makes a woman different from a man for platonic friendship if there is no physical attraction to get in the way?
    As a man, I think like this, and I reckon most men (not all) think the same: How do you know you will never be physically attracted to someone? Only if you are either not interested in their geneder, or find them repulsive (which is pretty unlikely in the case of a friendship).

Fact is men don't bring in that strict divide of "friend" vs "potential partner".

Once I realized women work differently, I made an effort to avoid ever getting put in the "friend" category. Trouble is most men don't realize that women employ that divide.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

It's possible, just sort of rare. Try finding someone you have activity relations with (I think that's an ESFJ for you). I have an ESFP buddy and it's actually entirely platonic yet really awesome