• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT Women

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hey girls

A question for you - do you bake?

I have cooked since I was a small child, was hospitalised at 8 for six week with a cooking injury and was huge on baking.

There is an ENTP lass at work who also bakes....

Is this one of those girly things that made it through the NT Femi dar?

Lis

SubjectA

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Yeah I bake, and I suck at it.

I swear some people get so surprised when an NT woman has feminine traits. I, for one, have dozens of pairs of shoes. They take up space in my closet, I regularly wear only 2 pair, and logically it makes no sense for me to have them. Yet I do.

Qre:us

I do not cook, nor bake. At all.

I have no interest in it, therefore, never learned. It's too time consuming, and, there's a lot of seemingly unnecessary mess to clean up after.

I go as far as using the microwave. The stove and oven are no-zones for me.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I like to bake... but only as much as I like to sew, decorate, or whatever else --i.e., it is a field of knowledge I find interesting, and if there is something I want to make, i want to do it well...

.... but in general I get sidetracked into more ethereal pursuits.
I have no interest in it, therefore, never learned. It's too time consuming, and, there's a lot of seemingly unnecessary mess to clean up after.

Yeah, tangible stuff is always messy.

The only tangible but messy thing I waste my time on consistently is ... uh... nookie, versus cookie.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP

I swear some people get so surprised when an NT woman has feminine traits. I, for one, have dozens of pairs of shoes. They take up space in my closet, I regularly wear only 2 pair, and logically it makes no sense for me to have them. Yet I do.

I have shoes - and yes I wear about 2 pairs often and have 20 pairs I admire greatly, I've taken to occationally buying 4 inch heel I can't walk in and regret it, and make myself look at them liying in the house so I mock myself for buying shoes I can't wear... I'm fine up to 3 inches

I do a fair bit of girlinesses, but not sowing if I can help it

Qre:us

The only tangible but messy thing I waste my time on consistently is ... uh... nookie, versus cookie.

Exactttttttttlyyyyyyyyyyy. :newwink:

I guess, it's because I only found chemistry interesting if it went *boom*, otherwise, :sleeping:.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Exactttttttttlyyyyyyyyyyy. :newwink: I guess, it's because I only found chemistry interesting if it went *boom*, otherwise, :sleeping:.

.... maybe we need to create some cakes that go "BOOM". :devil: (or lead to BOOM-boom!)

In any case, back on topic... I really like the idea of cooking, and when I cook I like to learn and explore new recipes (if I want to make the time), plus "wing it" based on past experience and see what else I can do.

I did actually in my 20's try to make double-layered spice cakes and things. And a lot of cookies. *yum* And I watch Top Chef on TV. But nuance is something I just don't feel like taking the time to figure out -- if I can't make something good by winging it, I tend to not invest the time.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Jen, that is just a NO really.....

you'd know what I mean, this lass walks in with a 3 tiered birthday cake fully iced and stuff... very sweet, I thought it was only me that did stuff like that.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jen, that is just a NO really.....

you'd know what I mean, this lass walks in with a 3 tiered birthday cake fully iced and stuff... very sweet, I thought it was only me that did stuff like that.

You can successfully make 3-tiered cakes? :) Cool, now you can share all the secrets.

(such as how to keep them from collapsing on themselves, etc.)

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
lightness and enough flour....

So plenty of liquid in the mixture and enough flour tog et the things to hold...

It depends on if you are makign fruit cake - which are quite robust or sponge - which needs ot be very light.... There are ways... also keep the layer thin...

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How about a three tiered cake with a few firework launch tubes fitted into it after baking? Make'em small enough so they don't shoot too far or hurt any one, but... ah fuck it, shove a big fireball one in the middle and set it off! :devil:

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
How about a three tiered cake with a few firework launch tubes fitted into it after baking? Make'em small enough so they don't shoot too far or hurt any one, but... ah fuck it, shove a big fireball one in the middle and set it off! :devil:

nah never cooked with fireworks, but persumably space powder is cool to cook with, but never done it myself

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I like to get baked, too!

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Um, why is baking "girly"? :huh:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I like how you think... but I'll be a fool if I ever accept a dinner invitation from you!

Um, why is baking "girly"? :huh:

It's not.
(Especially if fireworks are involved.)

So what is your favorite thing to bake, Tinkerbell?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I love to cook and I love to bake. It's a creative outlet I don't possess in other areas (like painting or drawing). My cake decorating skills have defiantly exceeded what I set out to accomplish and I've moved on to fondant and more difficult things. Here's a couple blogs with good ideas.

bakerella.com

Aren't these super cute? I made them for my gram's birthday instead of cake a few weeks ago.

Oreo Cupcakes - With a Built-In Cup for Milk ~ Cupcake Project

oreo+cupcake.jpg

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
I do both, and most of people say that I'm good at it ;)

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
I love to bake, I also love to cook, I like to sew

I even play the piano and sing.
Some would say I'm a very well acomplished for a woman.
male chauvinist pigs

Anyway, I think its perfectly normal.
like mostly everyone else here....

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I love to bake! Check out my blog, it's all over.

However I'm a much better knitter than baker.