User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: NT Women

MBTI
    ENTP

Default NT Women

Hey girls

A question for you - do you bake?

I have cooked since I was a small child, was hospitalised at 8 for six week with a cooking injury and was huge on baking.

There is an ENTP lass at work who also bakes....

Is this one of those girly things that made it through the NT Femi dar?

Lis

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Yeah I bake, and I suck at it.

I swear some people get so surprised when an NT woman has feminine traits. I, for one, have dozens of pairs of shoes. They take up space in my closet, I regularly wear only 2 pair, and logically it makes no sense for me to have them. Yet I do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I do not cook, nor bake. At all.

I have no interest in it, therefore, never learned. It's too time consuming, and, there's a lot of seemingly unnecessary mess to clean up after.

I go as far as using the microwave. The stove and oven are no-zones for me.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by SubjectA View Post
    I like to bake... but only as much as I like to sew, decorate, or whatever else --i.e., it is a field of knowledge I find interesting, and if there is something I want to make, i want to do it well...

.... but in general I get sidetracked into more ethereal pursuits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    I have no interest in it, therefore, never learned. It's too time consuming, and, there's a lot of seemingly unnecessary mess to clean up after.
    Yeah, tangible stuff is always messy.

The only tangible but messy thing I waste my time on consistently is ... uh... nookie, versus cookie.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by SubjectA View Post

I swear some people get so surprised when an NT woman has feminine traits. I, for one, have dozens of pairs of shoes. They take up space in my closet, I regularly wear only 2 pair, and logically it makes no sense for me to have them. Yet I do.
    I have shoes - and yes I wear about 2 pairs often and have 20 pairs I admire greatly, I've taken to occationally buying 4 inch heel I can't walk in and regret it, and make myself look at them liying in the house so I mock myself for buying shoes I can't wear... I'm fine up to 3 inches

I do a fair bit of girlinesses, but not sowing if I can help it

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    The only tangible but messy thing I waste my time on consistently is ... uh... nookie, versus cookie.
    Exactttttttttlyyyyyyyyyyy.

I guess, it's because I only found chemistry interesting if it went *boom*, otherwise, .

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Exactttttttttlyyyyyyyyyyy. I guess, it's because I only found chemistry interesting if it went *boom*, otherwise, .
    .... maybe we need to create some cakes that go "BOOM". (or lead to BOOM-boom!)

In any case, back on topic... I really like the idea of cooking, and when I cook I like to learn and explore new recipes (if I want to make the time), plus "wing it" based on past experience and see what else I can do.

I did actually in my 20's try to make double-layered spice cakes and things. And a lot of cookies. *yum* And I watch Top Chef on TV. But nuance is something I just don't feel like taking the time to figure out -- if I can't make something good by winging it, I tend to not invest the time.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

Jen, that is just a NO really.....

you'd know what I mean, this lass walks in with a 3 tiered birthday cake fully iced and stuff... very sweet, I thought it was only me that did stuff like that.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Jen, that is just a NO really.....

you'd know what I mean, this lass walks in with a 3 tiered birthday cake fully iced and stuff... very sweet, I thought it was only me that did stuff like that.
    You can successfully make 3-tiered cakes? Cool, now you can share all the secrets.

(such as how to keep them from collapsing on themselves, etc.)

MBTI
    ENTP

lightness and enough flour....

So plenty of liquid in the mixture and enough flour tog et the things to hold...

It depends on if you are makign fruit cake - which are quite robust or sponge - which needs ot be very light.... There are ways... also keep the layer thin...