• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT Women

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
i like baking, mainly because i like to eat. i dont really follow recipes but since i never make sweet stuff it doesn't matter. i mean it's hard to screw up mac n cheese even if you don't use a recipe because it's just cheese, pasta, milk and seasoning

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
VM - behave yourself, it really can be too distrcting, and it would tick me off if guys start having whole conversations directed that way - really pisses me off. The worst one was a merchant navey guy who actually salavated while he talked... YUCK!!!

It seems NT's women who have the basic units/methods of baking like it because they can then create.... ie when the rules stop mattering...

Good good, I know that there are plenty of guys who cook professionally, but still a massive % of domestic cooking falls to women and I know only a few non professional guys who bake regulalry ... no judgment at all for that, anyone that can whip up a songe is good in my book

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
It seems like this:

Can we bake? Yes.

Will we bake you cookies? No.

Timmy

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Tinkerbell, please. Hiding your "norks", like having boob-reduction surgery, is a slap in the face of God. :)

Big, small, nork size doesn't matter, as long as they're female human norks.

Now...to the matter at hand (so to speak):

I am an NT, not female. I like cooking, but not when I am hungry...takes too long. Recipes get followed once or twice, then they become guidelines. I've baked made Baclava, a souflee (once..it was OK), Creme Brulee. I've made bread, chile, cookies. I rolled my own flour tortillas when I lived in Japan, because otherwise...no tortillas. Oh, I used a wine bottle for the rolling pin.

So, food prep/baking/cooking isn't a "girly" thing at all. It's all about the food. Mmmmm..... :)

Rikka

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I like baking-- i find it easy. It's cooking that i enjoy the most, though.

sofmarhof

MBTI Type
INTP
I went through a baking craze a while ago. I am now a very capable baker who rarely feels like actually baking anything. I started cooking because I was vegan for a while (about a year, not based on any principle, mostly just to see how hard it was) so it I wanted any sweets, I pretty much had to make them myself. Now I just buy them. I do love dessert and pastries very much though. And you would be surprised at the variety of vegan desserts you can make that are indistinguishable from non-vegan ones.

I also used to sew and then got sick of it. So that's me and domesticity. I would collect pretty dishes if I had more money and wasn't planning on moving cross-country in the near future.

Oddly Refined

Enneagram
TPs might not be as much into the detail work either. I would rather play around and see what I can invent based on what I already know, than necessarily follow some recipe and have it come out perfectly.

This fits my method and personal approach to most cooking. I will follow recipes if I'm not sure how all the factors will interact during the cooking process though.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i agree with the typical POV expressed in this thread -- NT women can like it just fine and it's not a matter of how the activity is gendered, it is just whether it holds personal interest or practical need to the eyes of the individual.

TPs might not be as much into the detail work either. I would rather play around and see what I can invent based on what I already know, than necessarily follow some recipe and have it come out perfectly.

ntjs bake, ntps cook?

i subscribe to the above approach as well. i hate baking. routine is demoralizing, i'm not a comfort food person. if i'm going to shift into unhealthy eating mode as a stress response, it's not going to be comfort food (Fi types), it's going to be something that feels like a perfectly gluttonous complete feast type of meal (Fe). but generally i just want something new that requires learning, produces a new understanding of something, expands my culinary possibilities, etc. surprise tastes the best, usually even better than perfection.

milkyway2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
?
I'm terrible at baking and cooking and I make a huge mess every time I try to do it. I'm way too impatient. I also hate hot things and knives.