User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: NT Women

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Hey girls

A question for you - do you bake?

I have cooked since I was a small child, was hospitalised at 8 for six week with a cooking injury and was huge on baking.

There is an ENTP lass at work who also bakes....

Is this one of those girly things that made it through the NT Femi dar?

Lis
    Sure! I love cooking and baking.
    It's not because it's "girly" that we shouldn't do it or something. That is a false reasoning, you know. The description (like "NT woman") should follow reality, not vice versa.
    I'm not ashamed of liking "girly" things.
    I guess NT women cook in a different way and for different reasons than others. I like to experiment in the kitchen. I like to create new recipes and to combine them. I always simplify recipes - less ingredients and more of each. And, of course, there is a big satisfaction when the experiment has succeeded and when other people love your food!
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by theaferist View Post
    Hahaha I thought that boobs have nothing to do with type and it's just the thing that most (well all, but still, some are really really flat) of women have I guess I was wrong?!
    Yeah it's not a gender related thing at all! It's correlated to all of the 16 types, but only 50% of them seem to have them.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTP

I always loved to bake, because I really love sweets, and I don't care for the packaged stuff. I like to make treats for people, too, but only if they receive them in the right spirit. Say something like, "Oh, you are so domestic!" or "You're going to make such a good wife someday!" and that's the last treat you'll ever get from me.

I can make stuff that tastes great, but I can't make stuff that looks pretty. I don't have the patience for intricate decorating.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Yeah it's not a gender related thing at all! It's correlated to all of the 16 types, but only 50% of them seem to have them.
    Sometimes I think so too, because some men seems to have a stomach like pregnant and also bigger boobs than some women But my bet is that there's more to do with body than MBTI type

MBTI
    INTJ

I generally dislike all forms of cooking.

Not because they're girly, but because they're boring. Plus, they take too long - by the time I realise I'm hungry, it's too late to spend much time preparing anything.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

I cook when I get in the mood - and I do it exceptionally well (yeah, I'm bragging, so what). I quite like it as I like to play with spices and herbs and stuff... explore, generally speaking. gets my creativity going. but for some reason I cannot use the oven. anything to do with oven and I either burn it or it stays too raw. or it collapses (a souffle, for example). and so on, you get the picture. as long as I stay behind the stove it's alright. just don't touch the oven :P

maybe it's because if it's in the oven I cannot have my hands on it any time I want to? who knows...

most of the time I can't be bothered to cook, however, I eat sandwitches and salads and other easy stuff.

I also knit and do embroidery well - but, again, I usually can't be bothered, I do it like once in two years or so. that's because of my being a P - it all takes time to finish and by that time I have more interesting things in mind.

as with sewing - I can do it, but, again, takes too long. so I mainly draw my ideas on paper and take them to my dressmaker.

I also have lots of shoes. and I do wear more than two pairs. the shoes have to go with the rest of the outfit, girls :P

I am quite girly, yes, and I like it!

but it wasn't like that a few years ago, I've actually trained myself to it, sort of. it was a few years ago when I realized beauty and femininity is not a sin and my IQ is not going to drop when I wear my lipstick. it doesn't make me less intellectual or anything... I can go without any makeup and wear jeans-and-sneakers, I don't feel bad like or anything, I don't actually CARE either way, I also don't mind what others are wearing. I just think I can be a woman at least at the outside, even if I am manly NT in the inside... I was born like that, after all! (I also have great boobs, so it's kind of difficult to hide my gender anyway, better show it off :P)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by velocity View Post
    yes.
    only get one body, mindful of what i put in it.
    Is it odd that I took this as rejection?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Two Point Two View Post
    I generally dislike all forms of cooking.
    Not because they're girly, but because they're boring.
    If THIS isn't a real NT answer!
    What society deems 'girly' or 'not girly' does NOT count in our preferences. There are better ways to decide what you like to do than either following the social norm or going against just for the sake of going against.
    I like what I like and if society calls me a girly-girl (or a tomboy), society be damned.

On the other hand, I've never associated "cooking/baking" with "girly" or "homely"... I've said the same on the NT skeleton thread. I can see the association being made, but it just doesn't ring true in my mind.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    If THIS isn't a real NT answer!
    What society deems 'girly' or 'not girly' does NOT count in our preferences. There are better ways to decide what you like to do than either following the social norm or going against just for the sake of going against.
    I like what I like and if society calls me a girly-girl, society be damned.

On the other hand, I've never associated "cooking/baking" with "girly" or "homely"... I've said the same on the NT skeleton thread. I can see the association being made, but it just doesn't ring true in my mind.
    I always associate it with "delicious"

The reasons I don't cook as often as I don't.
    -I hate cleaning
    - sometimes I just want really efficient bland food that I can scarf down in two minutes.
    - sometimes I really just want my food to be done in two minutes (microwaves are awesome like that)

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

why is baking femine? giving birth to a baby is femine. does one require a vagina and estrogen to perform baking?