• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJs and their favorite word

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
That's right, "responsibility." What I'm wondering is, are there any INTJs who aren't responsible? Do any of you have ADD or something? If this teacher of mine shakes his head at me one more time I'm gonna blow up. Like he's never made a mistake in his life.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I hold people to pretty high standards, but I hold myself to even higher standards. I'm also more lenient to others than I am to myself.

To answer your question, I'm responsible in matters that I deem important (whether in principle, or by consequence), and lax in those I deem trivial.

I guess the kicker really lies in what one holds in high regard.

SubjectA

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
This^

We are notorious perfectionists.

So there must be a reason why your teacher keeps shaking his head at you. Is it because you're goofing off or is it because of the errors you're making?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually, ime, their fav word is 'efficiency' and their fav catch-phrase is: 'I'm awesome!', though INTPs might fight them for that one :D

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
This^

We are notorious perfectionists.

So there must be a reason why your teacher keeps shaking his head at you. Is it because you're goofing off or is it because of the errors you're making?

I'm not goofing off. I messed up the directions for 3 different assignments due on the same day. I still learned.

SubjectA

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I'm not goofing off. I messed up the directions for 3 different assignments due on the same day. I still learned.

Okay, now this makes sense. Probably any xxTJ would give you those "give me a break" looks if you messed up the directions 3 times in the same day. They expect for you to read the assignment and see no reason that you should mess it up, especially if it's spelled right there for you in black and white. After all, directions are usually there for a reason: to make the process as efficient as possible. As was said before, INTJ's hold people to very high standards and don't leave much room for mistakes. We acknowledge that people will make mistakes every once in a while, but we do have a threshold to what we think is appropriate for the task. From what I've experienced, xNTP's see more value in the process itself (I mention this because you said "I still learned.") xNTJ's don't necessarily care about your experience of the process. If you can learn and get a good end result that's great, but it's mostly the end result they look for.

Just my perspective.

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Okay, now this makes sense. Probably any xxTJ would give you those "give me a break" looks if you messed up the directions 3 times in the same day. They expect for you to read the assignment and see no reason that you should mess it up, especially if it's spelled right there for you in black and white. After all, directions are usually there for a reason: to make the process as efficient as possible. As was said before, INTJ's hold people to very high standards and don't leave much room for mistakes. We acknowledge that people will make mistakes every once in a while, but we do have a threshold to what we think is appropriate for the task. From what I've experienced, xNTP's see more value in the process itself (I mention this because you said "I still learned.") xNTJ's don't necessarily care about your experience of the process. If you can learn and get a good end result that's great, but it's mostly the end result they look for.

Just my perspective.

Ok but... why? He can express disappointment in a more emotionally conscious manner. If I miss class, and see him he gives me the biggest death stare. I still don't understand why he doesn't see anything but his assignment that he made. What I don't get is why people like him. If I was his favorite and I saw him treating someone else like that I wouldn't appreciate him at all.

If he thinks I'm blowing off his class or whatever, he could ask. Maybe I am.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Ok but... why? He can express disappointment in a more emotionally conscious manner. If I miss class, and see him he gives me the biggest death stare. I still don't understand why he doesn't see anything but his assignment that he made. What I don't get is why people like him. If I was his favorite and I saw him treating someone else like that I wouldn't appreciate him at all.

Seems like you expect as much from him as he apparently does from you.

You're in a destructive cycle that will continue until one of you is prepared to let go of the underlying F-y bits.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I hold people to pretty high standards, but I hold myself to even higher standards. I'm also more lenient to others than I am to myself.

To answer your question, I'm responsible in matters that I deem important (whether in principle, or by consequence), and lax in those I deem trivial.

I guess the kicker really lies in what one holds in high regard.

^^This. I prioritize and go from there. If I say it's a trivial matter it's a trivial matter and I will get to it when I have time to. No one could be as hard on me as I am on myself and I let a good amount slide from people around me but the moment you start dicking around instead of what you're suppose to do and it effects me in a negative way....you're going to have a problem.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

You do realize NONE of us can answer this, right? Only he can.

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Seems like you expect as much from him as he apparently does from you.

You're in a destructive cycle that will continue until one of you is prepared to let go of the underlying F-y bits.

Hmmm... you might be right.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram

:rofl1:

Provoker

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
In order to decide what one's favorite word is, one needs a clear definition of what it means for something to be a favorite. The Oxford Dictionary definition of favorite is that which is preferred to all others of the same kind. This still begs the question of what one's criterion is for determining a favorite word.

From a practical standpoint, where what is to be favored is that which is most useful, then "the" or "a" is likely to be my favorite word as I use it more than the others.

If favorite is a function of the rarity of the word, then I'd say apoplectic is word I rarely use but value.

From an aesthetic point of view, then suffice and hobgoblin would be top pics as I like the way they sound more than most.

If the word denotes something I identify strongly with, then philosophical, chess, and determined are near the top.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
In order to decide what one's favorite word is, one needs a clear definition of what it means for something to be a favorite. The Oxford Dictionary definition of favorite is that which is preferred to all others of the same kind. This still begs the question of what one's criterion is for determining a favorite word.

From a practical standpoint, where what is to be favored is that which is most useful, then "the" or "a" is likely to be my favorite word as I use it more than the others.

If favorite is a function of the rarity of the word, then I'd say apoplectic is word I rarely use but value.

From an aesthetic point of view, then suffice and hobgoblin would be top pics as I like the way they sound more than most.

If the word denotes something I identify strongly with, then philosophical, chess, and determined are near the top.

Or if a favorite word for someone is what they have been called the most by other people, then yours would be clown

Provoker

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Or if a favorite word for someone is what they have been called the most by other people, then yours would be clown

Well, this is an all new high in errors of reasoning in one sentence. It is to be noted that what you feel is not what others think. Therefore, the one is not a perfect substitute for the other. And you have not (and could not have) consulted the opinions of others. Thus by dysjunction the statement is really more about your own feelings, rather than others' thoughts. Only a simpleton may assume that what they believe must be believed by the world, but this is dubious reasoning. Thus, one deduces that this is a sentiment held by you. Well, if it is a sentiment held by you then why didn't you say it yourself rather than hidding under the veil of a fictious majority, which allowed you to commit this fallacy? Maybe it's the same inferior emotions that lead to the comment in the first place, yes? If I am a clown, you are a worm.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Logical is my favorite word. I like things to make sense. If something isn't told to me in clear language, it confuses the hell out of me. Vague instructions frustrate me. Tell me how to do things in a stepwise and efficient manner, and we're good to go!