User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 19

  1. #1
    Senior Member run's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    :run
    Posts
    466

    Default INTJs and their favorite word

    That's right, "responsibility." What I'm wondering is, are there any INTJs who aren't responsible? Do any of you have ADD or something? If this teacher of mine shakes his head at me one more time I'm gonna blow up. Like he's never made a mistake in his life.

  2. #2
    Black Magic Buzzard Kra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    912

    Default

    I hold people to pretty high standards, but I hold myself to even higher standards. I'm also more lenient to others than I am to myself.

    To answer your question, I'm responsible in matters that I deem important (whether in principle, or by consequence), and lax in those I deem trivial.

    I guess the kicker really lies in what one holds in high regard.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

  3. #3
    Senior Member SubjectA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    164

    Default

    This^

    We are notorious perfectionists.

    So there must be a reason why your teacher keeps shaking his head at you. Is it because you're goofing off or is it because of the errors you're making?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #4
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Actually, ime, their fav word is 'efficiency' and their fav catch-phrase is: 'I'm awesome!', though INTPs might fight them for that one
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  5. #5
    Senior Member run's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    :run
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SubjectA View Post
    This^

    We are notorious perfectionists.

    So there must be a reason why your teacher keeps shaking his head at you. Is it because you're goofing off or is it because of the errors you're making?
    I'm not goofing off. I messed up the directions for 3 different assignments due on the same day. I still learned.

  6. #6
    Senior Member SubjectA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by run View Post
    I'm not goofing off. I messed up the directions for 3 different assignments due on the same day. I still learned.
    Okay, now this makes sense. Probably any xxTJ would give you those "give me a break" looks if you messed up the directions 3 times in the same day. They expect for you to read the assignment and see no reason that you should mess it up, especially if it's spelled right there for you in black and white. After all, directions are usually there for a reason: to make the process as efficient as possible. As was said before, INTJ's hold people to very high standards and don't leave much room for mistakes. We acknowledge that people will make mistakes every once in a while, but we do have a threshold to what we think is appropriate for the task. From what I've experienced, xNTP's see more value in the process itself (I mention this because you said "I still learned.") xNTJ's don't necessarily care about your experience of the process. If you can learn and get a good end result that's great, but it's mostly the end result they look for.

    Just my perspective.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #7
    Senior Member run's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    :run
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SubjectA View Post
    Okay, now this makes sense. Probably any xxTJ would give you those "give me a break" looks if you messed up the directions 3 times in the same day. They expect for you to read the assignment and see no reason that you should mess it up, especially if it's spelled right there for you in black and white. After all, directions are usually there for a reason: to make the process as efficient as possible. As was said before, INTJ's hold people to very high standards and don't leave much room for mistakes. We acknowledge that people will make mistakes every once in a while, but we do have a threshold to what we think is appropriate for the task. From what I've experienced, xNTP's see more value in the process itself (I mention this because you said "I still learned.") xNTJ's don't necessarily care about your experience of the process. If you can learn and get a good end result that's great, but it's mostly the end result they look for.

    Just my perspective.
    Ok but... why? He can express disappointment in a more emotionally conscious manner. If I miss class, and see him he gives me the biggest death stare. I still don't understand why he doesn't see anything but his assignment that he made. What I don't get is why people like him. If I was his favorite and I saw him treating someone else like that I wouldn't appreciate him at all.

    If he thinks I'm blowing off his class or whatever, he could ask. Maybe I am.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Feops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INTx
    Posts
    829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by run View Post
    If this teacher of mine shakes his head at me one more time I'm gonna blow up. Like he's never made a mistake in his life.



  9. #9
    Senior Member Uytuun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    nnnn
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by run View Post
    Ok but... why? He can express disappointment in a more emotionally conscious manner. If I miss class, and see him he gives me the biggest death stare. I still don't understand why he doesn't see anything but his assignment that he made. What I don't get is why people like him. If I was his favorite and I saw him treating someone else like that I wouldn't appreciate him at all.

    If he thinks I'm blowing off his class or whatever, he could ask. Maybe I am.
    Seems like you expect as much from him as he apparently does from you.

    You're in a destructive cycle that will continue until one of you is prepared to let go of the underlying F-y bits.

  10. #10
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    I hold people to pretty high standards, but I hold myself to even higher standards. I'm also more lenient to others than I am to myself.

    To answer your question, I'm responsible in matters that I deem important (whether in principle, or by consequence), and lax in those I deem trivial.

    I guess the kicker really lies in what one holds in high regard.
    ^^This. I prioritize and go from there. If I say it's a trivial matter it's a trivial matter and I will get to it when I have time to. No one could be as hard on me as I am on myself and I let a good amount slide from people around me but the moment you start dicking around instead of what you're suppose to do and it effects me in a negative way....you're going to have a problem.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] INTJs and their blank stares
    By xpersephonex in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-01-2013, 12:46 PM
  2. Things and situations that need their own word.
    By kyuuei in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-02-2012, 02:48 AM
  3. [NF] INFJ and INFP favorite words?
    By velocity in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-06-2010, 09:19 PM
  4. [MBTItm] Bloody INFPs and their capacity to turn INTJs into fuzzy hug addicts.
    By Cranky in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 403
    Last Post: 03-22-2010, 12:57 PM
  5. [INTJ] INTJs and spelling
    By Natrushka in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 02:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO