User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by run View Post
    Ok but... why? He can express disappointment in a more emotionally conscious manner. If I miss class, and see him he gives me the biggest death stare. I still don't understand why he doesn't see anything but his assignment that he made. What I don't get is why people like him. If I was his favorite and I saw him treating someone else like that I wouldn't appreciate him at all.

If he thinks I'm blowing off his class or whatever, he could ask. Maybe I am.
    You do realize NONE of us can answer this, right? Only he can.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    :run

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    Seems like you expect as much from him as he apparently does from you.

You're in a destructive cycle that will continue until one of you is prepared to let go of the underlying F-y bits.
    Hmmm... you might be right.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Ok but... why? He can express disappointment in a more emotionally conscious manner. If I miss class, and see him he gives me the biggest death stare. I still don't understand why he doesn't see anything but his assignment that he made. What I don't get is why people like him. If I was his favorite and I saw him treating someone else like that I wouldn't appreciate him at all.

If he thinks I'm blowing off his class or whatever, he could ask. Maybe I am.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

In order to decide what one's favorite word is, one needs a clear definition of what it means for something to be a favorite. The Oxford Dictionary definition of favorite is that which is preferred to all others of the same kind. This still begs the question of what one's criterion is for determining a favorite word.

From a practical standpoint, where what is to be favored is that which is most useful, then "the" or "a" is likely to be my favorite word as I use it more than the others.

If favorite is a function of the rarity of the word, then I'd say apoplectic is word I rarely use but value.

From an aesthetic point of view, then suffice and hobgoblin would be top pics as I like the way they sound more than most.

If the word denotes something I identify strongly with, then philosophical, chess, and determined are near the top.

Banned

I'm not goofing off. I messed up the directions for 3 different assignments due on the same day. I still learned.
    Apparently not enough to get those assignments in correctly.

Tut Tut.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Provoker View Post
    In order to decide what one's favorite word is, one needs a clear definition of what it means for something to be a favorite. The Oxford Dictionary definition of favorite is that which is preferred to all others of the same kind. This still begs the question of what one's criterion is for determining a favorite word.

From a practical standpoint, where what is to be favored is that which is most useful, then "the" or "a" is likely to be my favorite word as I use it more than the others.

If favorite is a function of the rarity of the word, then I'd say apoplectic is word I rarely use but value.

From an aesthetic point of view, then suffice and hobgoblin would be top pics as I like the way they sound more than most.

If the word denotes something I identify strongly with, then philosophical, chess, and determined are near the top.
    Or if a favorite word for someone is what they have been called the most by other people, then yours would be clown

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by 6.4 View Post
    Or if a favorite word for someone is what they have been called the most by other people, then yours would be clown
    Well, this is an all new high in errors of reasoning in one sentence. It is to be noted that what you feel is not what others think. Therefore, the one is not a perfect substitute for the other. And you have not (and could not have) consulted the opinions of others. Thus by dysjunction the statement is really more about your own feelings, rather than others' thoughts. Only a simpleton may assume that what they believe must be believed by the world, but this is dubious reasoning. Thus, one deduces that this is a sentiment held by you. Well, if it is a sentiment held by you then why didn't you say it yourself rather than hidding under the veil of a fictious majority, which allowed you to commit this fallacy? Maybe it's the same inferior emotions that lead to the comment in the first place, yes? If I am a clown, you are a worm.

Default ;)

Like he's never made a mistake in his life.
    He's an INTJ - that means he most propably never did.
    Watch your attitude.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Logical is my favorite word. I like things to make sense. If something isn't told to me in clear language, it confuses the hell out of me. Vague instructions frustrate me. Tell me how to do things in a stepwise and efficient manner, and we're good to go!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche