User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: INTJ subtypes?

Default INTJ subtypes?

Are you able to differentiate multiple INTJ subtypes?
    What "kinds" of INTJs have you already met?

How do you imagine a totally healthy and a totally unhealthy INTJ?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post

How do you imagine a totally healthy and a totally unhealthy INTJ?
    According to many other MBTI aficionados, I am the prototype of an unhealthy INTJ. I suppose the most recent news involves a class (in graduate school) where I briefly summarized a women's argument and then told her that she sounded like she was on George Bush's payroll. This prompted attacks from all angles, and gave others who had pent up resent a pretext to abandon reason in favor of trying to destroy me. However, I never say anything that cannot be defended (if not with sources and evidence then with sheer logic) so as to stand the counterargument of others on their heads. This, combined with the maxim I established when I was six years old which is that no human word would ever reach me, has made the opinions of others inpenetrable. The only thing I respond to is logic and reason. A professor can blabber on all day, while a 5 year old can say something quite sensible and logical that makes me listen. This is because I value logic and reason more than people and titles. I have not quite found a good substitute for Fi. I find that it is good to watch a few comedies one or twice a year to learn some jokes and socially attractive behavior that can be useful in diplomacy. However, the approach I take to diplomacy is the same chess-like approach I take to everything else. Every so often I meet a special women and my Fi comes out, which is probably quite remarkable from the point of view of an earthbound person.

MBTI
    INTJ

I like to think that there are the "Te-bound" and "Ni-Fi-free" subtypes. I find the Te-bound types rather intolerable because they almost seem to fear their greatest potential strength which is Ni. Everything has to be so logical that it drains from any human element, which is great and all for certain applications, but if they embraced their Ni-Fi they'd see Te has limited application to social matters. The Ni-Fi types give the vibe of being an intuitive first and foremost with the ability to apply thinking or feeling where pertinent. I'd say they present a more engaging and intriguing vibe to others rather than a domineering or intimidating one. People might mistakenly type them as something else because the stereotype of INTJ is one of an uptight, logical jerk, but I think that's ill-founded and only propagated because the sample from which the notion is extrapolated seems to have very undeveloped Fi.

I think a well-developed INTJ displays strong Fi: a strong sense of self, the ability to judge the worthiness of ideas, and the ability to actually empathize with others.

Unhealthy ones don't do that last part quite as well which is a shame because it really detracts from this goal of utility and pragmatism that drives them.

Sniffles

I agree with the Ni-Fi subtype, up close you often can't tell they're an NT. In fact one I knew of this type I first mistook as INFP-ish.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I am a "Ni-Fi" subtype, and a mellow one at that.

As for other sub-types, I'd venture a guess that you'll run into:

Balanced Ni-Te, Ni-Fi, Te-heavy, and the unhealthy Se variants.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by stillwater View Post
    I like to think that there are the "Te-bound" and "Ni-Fi-free" subtypes.
    I agree with these subtypes. The Te-bound variety certainly has it's advantages, they've got a very rigorously developed logic, but they tend to be a little uptight.

The Ni-Fi INTJs are a little softer and floatier and not quite as unflappable.

Could probably correlate with Enneagram types, with 6-leaning INTJs tending to be more Te and 4-leaning (or possibly 1) types being more Ni-Fi.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I loooove me some Ni-Fi INTJs.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

The Ni-Fi INTJs tend to be very difficult to communicate with because they're so utterly perplexed by the problem of how to deal with the outside world.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INTX
    Enneagram
    5w6?

Very interesting becuase I know an INTJ who is evry diffferent from me. Seems like a harsher version of me. People find him unapproachable whislt I am seen as approachable.

Gotta run but will post tonight - last day of work
    Last edited by Kambro; 12-15-2009 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Its 7:35AM here in Africa :0

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I feel like the same subtype of INTJ that Night is--he and I have discussed a similar way of behaving and appearing to others in the same atypical-for-an-INTJ way IRL.

Of the two aforementioned types, I would be more Ni-Fi.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis