User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Again, should I be questioning my humanity? (or Fness)
    No, that's just what my INFP friend does as well - she does it to me sometimes! lol I think with her it's part of a general tendency towards passiveness, but she pulls it off in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    they're all actually a bit scared of me I was voted the biggest Baddass Motherfucker a few semesters in a row! (should this be of any use?)
    ABSOLUTELY!!!! Why didn't you mention that before!?

Hang on, how come it's ended up us three again?

We've really got to hit a bar or something...
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    No, that's just what my INFP friend does as well - she does it to me sometimes! lol I think with her it's part of a general tendency towards passiveness, but she pulls it off in a good way.
    ah, good

Hang on, how come it's ended up us three again?

We've really got to hit a bar or something...
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, no kidding, other than the fact that I know I'm just bored at work right now.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

yeah- bored waiting for friends to come over for dinner!

MBTI
    ENTP

runvardh, you're not in Calgary are you? I've a good friend in Calgary - I say she's INFJ, but... oh, no, hold on, you're a guy, right?

I'm not bored! Ha, am I the only one who doesn't use this forum as a replacement/second choice type thing? Whenever I'm on here, about 70% of the time I've got friends nearby, in the same room or building and we're all sorta reading off the screen and discussing what people are saying. People come over and we get chatting and someone will say before I mention it, 'let's see what the forum people are on about today', and we check it out together.

The comments I write are all mine though. Like I've said before, nobody else takes credit for my screwups!!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

I'm in an organization which has an abnormally high percentage of ENTJs, which is vaguely scary! This usually isn't a problem, but some of them have recently stepped over the line on an issue, and I, as the wise old bourbon drinking grandma on the porch of the organization, am expected to set them straight. Not cool.

How on earth does one argue a point with ENTJs? They seem so entirely convinced that they are more logical and correct than I am! I'd really appreciate some insight since I'm kind of dreading confronting them. I can play organization politics and threaten to air long buried skeletons with the best of them, but I'm kind of scared of large groups of people especially ENTJs.

Please help?
    Just hold your ground and stick to making a point. You'd outdo them on logic because Ti gives you a stronger thinking faculty. Then their Te gives them. I've overpowered an ENTJ like this once. After this he wasnt willing to argue with me anymore because he could not help but argue strictly for the sake of winning the argument. After he began doubting his ability to do this, he rescinded.

You can take him head on, watch him lose confidence as you get further into in depth analysis. ENTJs thrive on external, social-aspects of T work.

Keep in mind, the ENTJ will get frustrated after he sees you uninfluenced by his repetitive attempts to accept his point of view, or unmoved emotionally. These two traits are quite common in ITPs, and for this reason ENTJs, after much experience with this type tend to doubt their ability to debate with them on a level of desired competence. They often argue to convince or inspire, ITPs are not easily deterred because of their radical thinking preferrence which surpasses even that of the ENTJs.

Keep in mind that ITPs have an edge in real of pure reason as their thoughts run deeper(Ti), and bend more easily (depend less on external factors), than that of the ENTJ. As aforementioned, the ENTJ will only feel more confident in the beginning, as soon as you push the discussion into more rigorous analysis they will feel ill-equipped.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm occasionally online while hanging out with friends and watching tv- but only if it's with a larger group so that they can keep each other amused more easily while I'm not paying 100% attention to them!

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm occasionally online while hanging out with friends and watching tv- but only if it's with a larger group so that they can keep each other amused more easily while I'm not paying 100% attention to them!
    Oh right yeah, that's it though, with my lot, we all get involved together. Like a hive mind... heh

There's nobody here right now, but earlier my ISTP, INFP and and ENTJ were here. They left about half an hour ago, it's 23h 15 here in sunny Europe. They've gone out to the clubs, but I'm staying in cos of the kids (and not really feeling like it anyway)

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

ah- not even 7 pm here! my evening hasn't started!!!

and thank you Bluewing!!!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    You can take him head on, watch him lose confidence as you get further into in depth analysis.
    Whilst I'll agree that this can be done, I wouldn't advise it where losing the goodwill of the ENTJ can have consequences, especially on others. My experience is that they might hold a grudge... but if they do, it won't be because you beat them - they'll respect you for that - the grudge will be because you humiliated them in front of others. Like I said, pride is a big thing... and an ENTJ with a grudge can REALLY get in the way of pretty much anything you want to do. Easier to do than undo, so best avoided.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    runvardh, you're not in Calgary are you? I've a good friend in Calgary - I say she's INFJ, but... oh, no, hold on, you're a guy, right?
    Yup, male in Calgary; that's too bad, I could use meeting someone who is single and local for once ><

I'm not bored! Ha, am I the only one who doesn't use this forum as a replacement/second choice type thing? Whenever I'm on here, about 70% of the time I've got friends nearby, in the same room or building and we're all sorta reading off the screen and discussing what people are saying. People come over and we get chatting and someone will say before I mention it, 'let's see what the forum people are on about today', and we check it out together.

The comments I write are all mine though. Like I've said before, nobody else takes credit for my screwups!!
    Yeah, I don't have friends who are into this stuff and I get long lulls between calls here.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]