• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Rationals over there, how do you behave when you fall in love?

kathara

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
How easily do you fall in/out of love?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Easily fall in, fall out only if the other party has done something incredibly wrong.

G

GirlAmerica

For me it is hard to fall in (much justification needed...and criteria hit). Hard to fall out, I agree with FDG, it takes a major violation.

The things I normally do not do, I WANT to do.
Much like when I am connected to another person for friendship etc.
I do not connect with many, and when I do it is deep and I have a lot to give...and it is of my own choosing.

I want to talk.
I want to come out of my very comfortable shell.
I want to socialize.
I want to feel.
I want to play....that is the biggest key. I usually see that as a first real indicator.....I want to scrap.

My Sensor is turned on big time......and not many trigger that.
I am soaking in details.

They will find I will seek them out, that also indicates someone important to me. Either by phone, email, or in person.

I open up pretty quickly when my criteria is met.......so fast once it begins I am stunned.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Easily fall in, fall out only if the other party has done something incredibly wrong.

Ditto.

How I behave? The person would never know it, even though some other perceptive people might figure it out. I've only genuinely fallen in love once, and I would've taken the secret to my grave if they hadn't made the move on me.

For me, it's when the 'non-intervention' drive becomes strongest of all. I love this person because of who they are, because everything about them is wonderful. By 'joining' with me, they would alter, their lives would alter and I'd be responsible for spoiling something beautiful.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
By 'joining' with me, they would alter, their lives would alter and I'd be responsible for spoiling something beautiful.

Why "spoil"? Ah, because of your vow of celibacy, yes?

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Why "spoil"? Ah, because of your vow of celibacy, yes?

Eh? No... no... I'm talking hypothetically, about before I took that vow or supposing I hadn't. :)

By 'spoil' I mean 'change' or 'threaten the continued existence of it in its natural state'. A bit like the prime directive... like say, the Enterprise crew coming across a pre-industrial culture that's beautiful and peaceful and deep and rich, and not wanting to 'pollute' it by giving them tricorders and replicators etc.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't understand why I fall in love. It either clicks or it doesn't... and I can tell very quickly by how far I plunge in right at the start.

And because it's an intuitive bond, it usually doesn't go away unless the person completely changes or becomes unreachable [shuts me out entirely] in some way.

Aside from romance, with people in general, I am very open / willing to be open with almost anyone I meet... even if I don't particularly like certain parts of them. It is like I am always looking for some sort of connection with everyone I meet.

There are few people I dislike from the get-go; but if I do, the negative feeling usually does not change at all regardless of how much more I find out about them. (I usually try to forge a connection with them anyway, then constantly find myself pissed off and annoyed by them and beating my head on the wall wondering what on earth I'm doing...)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Eh? No... no... I'm talking hypothetically, about before I took that vow or supposing I hadn't. :)

By 'spoil' I mean 'change' or 'threaten the continued existence of it in its natural state'. A bit like the prime directive... like say, the Enterprise crew coming across a pre-industrial culture that's beautiful and peaceful and deep and rich, and not wanting to 'pollute' it by giving them tricorders and replicators etc.

Hmmm. I do understand what you mean by that. I've felt that way myself many a time. But I very much doubt a luminous soul such as yourself would cause any degradation in another such luminous soul as you've described. Rather, I would think the nature of the beautiful thing you so admire would simply evolve into something just as lovely, like a butterfly.

You seem to be a person of very discriminating and refined taste. I have difficulty imagining that you'd set your heart, willing or unwillingly, upon an object that would not automatically show it's true nature by casting off any and all dirt thrown upon it. Immortality finds itself recognized by the eyes that can see it.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
When my INTP fell in love with me he behaved like a quiet, nerdy, redneck Pe Pe Le Pew. It was cute.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh dear. Did I say something wrong? *a bit mortified*

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When my INTP fell in love with me he behaved like a quiet, nerdy, redneck Pe Pe Le Pew. It was cute.

ah! lol That's very sweet! :D

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh dear. Did I say something wrong? *a bit mortified*

lol no, not wrong - bewildering, since I'm not sure what I said to give those impressions (hence the slight reservation/skepticism/suspicion of sarcasm) - but nice :)

Makes no odds anyway, since my luminosity will just have to content itself with illuminating people without physical intimacy for the rest of my life, and I'm quite content with that. Humanity is saved :D

(actually I can be a real rotter when romantically involved with someone...)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, you two -- go get a room or sumthin.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I don't fall in readily, and may raise an active resistance when I believe I haven't got the time or energy for those kinds of emotions. No long-term relationships, though I doubt I would easily grow disinterested, since the love interest is scrutinized from every angle before any action. The times when I have felt deeply, however, I faced a very difficult climb out; just the last time I was able to shake it off within a month.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol no, not wrong - bewildering, since I'm not sure what I said to give those impressions (hence the slight reservation/skepticism/suspicion of sarcasm) - but nice :)

It's my sixth sense telling me. :) Shhhh, quiet there, Sixth Sense. You're bewildering the nice man... :D