User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTX
    Enneagram
    5w6?

Default ENTJ reaction to end of relationship

How do ENTJ's react to the end of a relationship?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I was with an ENTJ for a really long time, and we ended it mainly because I just was over him. This is how he responded:

1) He wanted reasons, reasons, and more reasons as to why were breaking up. They had to be tangible and sensible. They were hard for me to give mainly because they were so emotionally-based, and I have trouble interpretting emotions.

2) He really wanted the relationship to last, so he tried to figure out "solutions" to our problems. A futile effort, imo, considering that I was just completely disinterested in continuing.

3) He started to point out all of the flaws he found in me. How I was too disorganized and whimsical and living in the clouds. He got bitter and angsty, and his insults towards me were his way of letting out his negative emotions I guess.

4) He became over-the-top confident in a haughty "I don't need her" sort of way. I think he did this to convince himself that he was over me, even before he really was.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Depends on how into her I am.

My first serious relationship took me 2 years to get over.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Depends on how into her I am.

My first serious relationship took me 2 years to get over.
    Yeah I would say that ENTJs will get over it right away if they had no emotional investment. They probably just convince themselves that their mate wasn't worth the honor of their time anyway. But if one gets into you, then he/she goes all out, at least in my experience.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Try to figure out exactly what happened and why it happened until I am satisfied with the answer.

Then turn into extreme extroversion more where I participate in highly hedonistic Se activities and start organizing and restructuring my life and diving into new things.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Yeah I would say that ENTJs will get over it right away if they had no emotional investment. They probably just convince themselves that their mate wasn't worth the honor of their time anyway. But if one gets into you, then he/she goes all out, at least in my experience.
    Yeah if there's no emotional investment then i get over it in like a day or two

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

If there is no emotional investment, there is nothing for me to get over.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

My ENTJ cried a lot. He'd go from being super cold drill sargeant busy mode.. Then we'd start to talk about it and he would start to cry and not make much sense at all. Their inferior Fi sucks and doesn't work very well I guess. And he'd apologize for being too "emo." I moved out and we stopped talking for a while. I tried to talk to him recently but he's pretty much still in those two back and forth modes and is too hard to communicate with. He always says "I think about every aspect of this all the time." But he's not able to talk about it very well so i'm not really sure what goes through his head.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    If there is no emotional investment, there is nothing for me to get over.
    Thus the ease in getting over it.

But come on, you wouldn't miss the sex a little bit, even if there's no emotional investment?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    My ENTJ cried a lot. He'd go from being super cold drill sargeant busy mode.. Then we'd start to talk about it and he would start to cry and not make much sense at all. Their inferior Fi sucks and doesn't work very well I guess. And he'd apologize for being too "emo." I moved out and we stopped talking for a while. I tried to talk to him recently but he's pretty much still in those two back and forth modes and is too hard to communicate with.
    I experienced this with mine too. They just think they are the scum of the earth when their emotions start to seep through that impermeable Te membrane.