User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Envious ?
    no but just think that's pulling women on a grand scale... I emailed him and sent him a link to here....

He is in Melbourne

Lis

Ahh cool, I thought so. It was a little unfair. I'm not great with accents but he is from my city so was hard to miss. We don't quite do the Hugh Jackman or Steve Irwin accent. People thought I was British a few times when I was travelling. Kath and Kim are from a different part of Melbourne .
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    no but just think that's pulling women on a grand scale... I emailed him and sent him a link to here....

He is in Melbourne

Lis
    A hunch tells me that this was born out of some deep craving that may be labeled as "I want to meet a real entp not all those posers, so I can understand myself better".

Do you think that's how it works ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

i still think he has a british accent. may be he is posh....

entpie..... i'd have thought bordom caused the first one or two but the attention seeking caused the rest... really good way too get women interested.

u have to admit its a great way to pull an auience

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    you could send him a message, from one ENTP to another etc. ...

I admit he has a very civili...I mean anglicised Aussie accent...:p.

I mean put it like this, it could well be that in Australia, they think he has a British accent, I wouldn't know. But in Britain, he'd be considered to have an Oz accent, I'm 100% sure of that.
    he sounds perfectly normal to me. that's how most of us talk/sound in australia. don't believe the stereotypes we use to lure tourists. if someone naturally speaks that way, they're probably poorly educated or play a sport that induces a lot of brain damage (our football players look and talk like trolls).

note: there are slight regional differences in accent. also, words like "mate" and "tucca" and those other disgusting words we apparently use all the time are exclusively found in the lower/blue collar classes, if at all. it's common in certain circles just not most.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Ahh cool, I thought so. It was a little unfair. I'm not great with accents but he is from my city so was hard to miss. We don't quite do the Hugh Jackman or Steve Irwin accent. People thought I was British a few times when I was travelling
    i do believe those two were probably told to learn these "accents" of theirs, by their managers, you know, to sell more tickets in foreign countries.

Kath and Kim are from a different part of Melbourne .
    the gutter?

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Yeh, it is just a clean Melbourne or maybe Sydney accent, and he is putting on a bit of exaggeration for the video. My first thought when I saw it was "which private school in Melbourne is he from?"
    yeah, he's totally a private school kid.

i still think he has a british accent. may be he is posh....
    my own unconscious performing voice (a.k.a nervous/tense voice) makes me sound somewhat british/posh... moreso than ususal O.o
    maybe the australian aural "language" ingrains this because our british heritedge has yet to be sufficiently diluted to remove this likeness?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post

note: there are slight regional differences in accent. also, words like "mate" and "tucca" and those other disgusting words we apparently use all the time are exclusively found in the lower/blue collar classes, if at all. it's common in certain circles just not most.

Elitism FTW
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

Phantonym

I love this guy! I watched all of his videos in one sitting and couldn't stop laughing. He'd make an excellent dancing monkey to keep me entertained.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

he sounds perfectly normal to me. that's how most of us talk/sound in australia. don't believe the stereotypes we use to lure tourists. if someone naturally speaks that way, they're probably poorly educated or play a sport that induces a lot of brain damage (our football players look and talk like trolls).
    yeh, I wouldn't know, I've never even been to Oz (though one of my best mates is Australian and it sounds better than Britain in most of the ways that interest me, which isn't saying much).

I was only putting that bit bit in as a disclaimer because of Tinkerbell cliamignt hat he sounded British. I could have jsut said "obvious Australian is Australian" but I didn't feel I'd been around the foum long enough to be so frightfully rude.

note: there are slight regional differences in accent. also, words like "mate" and "tucca" and those other disgusting words we apparently use all the time are exclusively found in the lower/blue collar classes, if at all. it's common in certain circles just not most
    But I'm from London and I say mate all the time. I didn't realize I disgusting to Aussies.Now I'll be self-conscious if ever I go there.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.