User Tag List

123 Last

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default Get your Grinch on.

Christmas/Holiday time sucks because ___________________.

I say Christmas time sucks because I'm forced to socialize with people that don't give a damn about me the other 365 days of the year.

Also, the Holidays suck because my diet that I've worked so hard on goes out the window. ALL THAT TREADMILL TIME FOR NAUGHT!
    Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

The food...oh the food...damn it all...
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    ENTP

The whole getting/buying presents thing. I really wish my family would realize this is a kid holiday and leave it at that.

I wouldn't mind if I could just buy gifts for who I want to, but I resent having to buy someone a gift cause they buy me a gift. And usually that person is a sucky giver (like a 3 packet of car freshener, no joke!) and I pride myself on my great gift giving so I end up getting pissy about it. Not that I bought them a gift but they didn't put the least bit of thought into it just to give me something so I will give them something. And I'm looking at all my siblings on this one! :steam: Stupid family politics.

Oh and I hate this time of year cause this is when all the crazy comes out. Fighting over who is hosting what. What time we are supposed to show up somewhere. Yadda yadda yadda

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

What? Christmas is great.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

Sniffles

I hate those assholes at the mall who literally block your way trying to sell you stuff. :steam:

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    What? Christmas is great.

I agree. I love the cheery atmosphere building up to the event, as well as the commercial side. I went to the local market today, and they had a mulled wine and roasted chestnuts stand. Lovely for a cold day.

If there's one thing I hate about Christmas is the anticlimax on the day itself. The build up of anxiety, festive cheer and over-indulgence is suddenly released like a white-head being squashed. Show's over, same time next year. Booo.
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    YaYa

Its like mass hysteria for a month. Everyone gives $ to the homeless. You do a secret Santa at work. Volunteer to help out and give present to homeless kids. Get together with family act all nice, sign horrible songs that you've sung a million times, watch christmas shows a hundred times.

Then its all over. We go back to "fuck everyone else." Its one big pain in my ass.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    Christmas/Holiday time sucks because ___________________.

I say Christmas time sucks because I'm forced to socialize with people that don't give a damn about me the other 365 days of the year.

Also, the Holidays suck because my diet that I've worked so hard on goes out the window. ALL THAT TREADMILL TIME FOR NAUGHT!
    I don't remember it being a leap year...

Christmas time sucks because my grandmother has a way of sulking that makes me feel guilty for yet again not having the money or vaccation time to visit family.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Christmas time sucks because the radio plays "Jingle Bell Rock" three times every hour, which is 24x3 times more per day than I could ever possibly desire.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

The music, the hallow cheeriness, family, and the people who i would want to see most on that day being stuck with their families as well instead of seeing the people they want to see too.

One thing I do like and its not in particularly a Christmas thing but is around during this time is pumpkin ales.
    SDMF