• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Get your Grinch on.

stigmatica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Christmas/Holiday time sucks because ___________________.

I say Christmas time sucks because I'm forced to socialize with people that don't give a damn about me the other 365 days of the year.

Also, the Holidays suck because my diet that I've worked so hard on goes out the window. ALL THAT TREADMILL TIME FOR NAUGHT! :cry:

Because... uh... I get all crazy with buying gifts, and come January when I snap out of the "Gift Giving Spirit", I suffer from a horrible "Gift Giving Spirit" hangover.... which segues into the next "because" :D

Because... I don't drink much during the year, but over the holidays I might as well have a beer IV hooked up. Come January, I'll probably feel ten years older from the hard living of the holidays.

Because... Drinking beer is hard work (NOT!!!), but work IS hard work, especially when you've been doing nothing but drinking beer and having fun for 2 weeks. Going back to work when it's all over is like a big SLAP in the face that sends you a loud and clear message that life usually SUCKS compared to the holidays...

But then again, if something didn't suck, we wouldn't know it when something didn't, now would we. So for all of you who have a sucky holiday, cheers to having something to compare the non sucky times to. For those of you who have a GRAND KICK ASS holiday, here's to the inverse of the aforementioned suckage!

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
you alwasy forget to pick up Milk before the shops shut (or run out of loo roll).

You put on 3 kgs in 24 hours....

Christams tree needles in the carpet that take a whole year to get out

The expectation of fule bills landing in January

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
SPOLIER alert......

If you are a serious Christian the following post might be offensive...

I have a freind who moved to Japan a few years back, she explained that the Japanese don't get Christianity and the various feast days and rituals associated with it. They sometimes do things to show willing and get it wrong, really, really wrong... She said she once walked by

Santa Clause on a 6 foot high crucifix....

they just didn't get that the two things are really different.... POOR Santa :(

Personally I cried laughing and still smile when it comes to mind.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Tinkerbell, you just made my day.

stigmatica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
SPOLIER alert......

If you are a serious Christian the following post might be offensive...
Summary: "Because..." Santa gets crucified! :cry:

I guess I won't be getting a kindle this year after all :(

Tinkerbell = thread winner

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
no because it's kind of disrespectful to the whole Crucifiction of Christ.... doh

stigmatica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
no because it's kind of disrespectful to the whole Crucifiction of Christ.... doh

Jesus would say to the Japanese "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do" ;)

And so should any who take offense ;)

(BTW, your story passes the offense test. My very Christian mother found the story to be cute over the phone just now... but then again, she went on a slight side rant about Santa as a result :( )

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I hate not being able to find the gift I have thoroughly planned on getting someone

I hate crowds and lines and getting bumped into

I hate the debate on who sees who's family when and who feels left out

I hate turkey

I hate trying to find parking when going to the store

I hate getting pestered by family about the fact that I don't like to decorate my home for Christmas

and on top of that I really don't like any of my cousins except for one :sick:

However....

I like giving and receiving gifts

I like the food

I like other people's decorations as long as they aren't garish or tacky

I like some (mostly older) christmas music (not the modern crap they play in stores)

I like surprizing people by managing to be thoughtful when no one thought I had it in me :)

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
glad it doens't offend, sorry your mum ranted about santa....

Happy Christmas :)

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Christmas/Holiday time sucks because I hang out with NTs online and get tired of them whining about that time of year.

stigmatica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
glad it doens't offend, sorry your mum ranted about santa....

Happy Christmas :)

LOL - She's just warming up. My agnostic family will be making the two hour drive to my parents house for Christmas tonight, where belief differences may very well make for some awesome if not touchy Grinch posts later on. Consider this another Grinch point.

Christmas/Holiday time sucks because I hang out with NTs online and get tired of them whining about that time of year.
lol - I bet they're whining in style, though! Quit tempting me to go bask in NTism!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I hate how people pretend like they're respectful to me yet still assign important stuff that's impossible to make up on Yom Kippur.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
I hate how people pretend like they're respectful to me yet still assign important stuff that's impossible to make up on Yom Kippur.

I don't even get Lunar New Years off. Just a bunch of people calling it Chinese new years. -_-

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
The only thing I hate about Christmas is how packed the grocery store gets. Grocery shopping is a traumatic enough even for me as it is, and I don't need that exacerbated by the presence of 50,000 more people. Oh, I also hate Christmas movies and music.

Otherwise, I don't mind getting or giving gifts, the food is great, and I get time off of school. What's not to love?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I don't even get Lunar New Years off. Just a bunch of people calling it Chinese new years. -_-

We don't get our New Year off either. It sucks. Most people don't even understand that it's New Years.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
cuz i get to make the grinch cry and then come to terms with their inner 2 yr old

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Christmas/Holiday time sucks because ___________________.

Christmas time sucks because it has been defined as 1 day out of the year. This legitimizes non-Christmas for the other 364 days of the year. Every day should be like Christmas, with family and love and forgiveness and joy. :)